March 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions ~ Week of 11/12

124»

Re: Weekly Questions ~ Week of 11/12

• @ashtuesday I don't think it's tacky at all, but if it really bothers you you can always wear your wedding ring on a necklace chain so you are still wearing it :)
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • @ashtuesday Do what you want. I've just gone ringless somedays. I also have a plain silver band half a size up I'll wear other times. I know others wear a necklace with their ring on. (though I'd be paranoid about losing it then...)
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashtuesday, my husband wears similar ones called Safety Rings at work.  I think it's great you want to wear *something* at all.  Anyone who would judge you for it or call you tacky has issues <3
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• @ashtuesday I haven't worn my wedding rings in months for this reason. not a huge deal for me. I know I'm married ...no one's business whether I wear my rings or not.  I mean, I enjoy having them - but i wouldn't pay money to resize them only temporarily 
  • Thank you, ladies!! 
  • @mdfarmchick sorry it took a while to respond, I'm never on here over the weekend.

My experience was very different. My son's latch never hurt and it wasn't obvious there was a problem. I still don't think his latch was an actual problem (but who knows). My milk came in day 3-4 and nursing would take like 50 min every time and was basically nonstop. He was low birth weight to begin with, born 5 lb 12 oz (full term - 39w 4d), and he was only gaining about half an ounce a day nursing. I did some weighed feedings at 1.5-2 weeks and I forget the numbers at this point but he basically wasn't getting anything. I started the nurse/pump/bottle routine and it became painfully obvious I wasn't making enough and started supplementing with formula with those bottle feeds. He started gaining weight like a champ - I think he gain 10 oz in the 1st 4 days of doing that. I did that for 1-2 weeks and got my supply better but he still wouldn't transfer milk even though he was bigger/stronger. I tried a nipple shield, SNS, and 50 million other things. I tried a few days of just nursing and he clearly had nipple confusion at that point because anytime he got near my breast it was a scream fest. I gave up nursing (partly because nursing and pumping was driving me insane) and switched to exclusively pumping at that point. I went from making about 18-20 oz per day to close to 40 oz after exclusively pumping. I also had some clogged ducts and a bout of mastitis when I slipped in my pumping schedule early on. I weaned myself completely around 10 months, but I had to do it really slowly (took 2 months to get from 6 pumps per day to none).

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• ashtuesday I just wanted to add that you should probably avoid wearing it (without resizing at least) if you are starting to swell. A friend of mine had to have her wedding/engagement ring CUT OFF in the ER because she couldn't get it off and it was cutting circulation. Then they had the big expense of fixing the ring after she gave birth.

Of course do what's best for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @ashtuesday I stopped wearing mine over a month ago because it was really tight at certain times of day and I had also heard a story similar to what @fatstagnation shared above and was worried about it getting cut off. Instead of wearing a silicone ring or getting it resized I dug though some old jewelry and found a ring my mom gave me when I was younger that used to fit my index or middle finger, which looks kind of engagement-y from far away. I think it's fine to not wear a ring too, but I'm one of those people who never, ever takes it off and it felt so weird not to have something there. I've never seen the silicone ones before, but those look fine too. My real ring is in a safe place and I'm planning on using the opportunity to get it cleaned instead of wearing it around my neck, just as a personal preference because I don't wear a lot of necklaces. 
  • @ashtuesday I have a silicone ring too for gym etc and it's too small so I we just ordered me a bigger one. I plan on wearing it all the time as I figure it's better than going ringless. I am just assuming most people will understand why I don't have a ring atm and will also understand why I'm wearing silicone once it's comes in. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @ashtuesday last pregnancy mine swelled in the first trimester and never went small enough that I felt comfortable wearing my rings. So I just didn't wear anything. Andddd I had to have a ring cut off in high school due to an allergic reaction... they said they do it all the time for pregnant women. So be careful! I'd but a cheap plain band or wear nothing (or your silicone one you have).
  • Thank you, all!  I decided to go with the silicone - I love my real ring too much to bear having it cut off, and having it around my neck would make me paranoid I'd lose it. My ring is like a safety blanket for me (whatever that says about me) - I find myself constantly touching it when I'm anxious or stressed, so going bare wouldn't do. So silicone it is!  Thank you all so much for your advice!
  • Do you do kick counts? l can’t remember when it’s recommended to begin this!
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 my OB said after 28 weeks?
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 Both of my doctors also say 28 weeks. I’ve kind of started this week though (27).