Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: Weekly Questions ~ Week of 11/12

• Anyone taking probiotics while pregnant? I’ve read mixed things about it. I’ve been taking them occasionally. 
  • I always assumed I would circumcise my boy and DH feels the same way, but now I’m reading different articles on the benefits of not circumcising. Just wondering your thoughts on the subject?
  • Loading the player...
  • Anyone taking probiotics while pregnant? I’ve read mixed things about it. I’ve been taking them occasionally. 
    I'd think they'd be safe if you are taking ones from a reputable source, but I'd double check with you OB to be sure.  You can also eat probiotic rich foods like yogurt and kefir.  I know things like sauerkraut, miso, and kombucha are probiotic foods too.

sarahhedger7 said:
    I always assumed I would circumcise my boy and DH feels the same way, but now I’m reading different articles on the benefits of not circumcising. Just wondering your thoughts on the subject?
    Oooph, this is going to be a touchy subject. :# 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @sarahhedger7 I responded to your original post, not sure it was real helpful, but it’s there. 
  • npkatnpkat member
    edited November 2017
    @SoFlaMommie1128 yes I take probiotics. Did before pregnancy as well. I usually buy whichever brand is buy one get one free at CVS. 

@sarahhedger7 we’re circumsising our son. My husband and I both agree on this. Like someone said, this is a touchy subject for some but for us, there are non amount of articles someone could put in my face to do otherwise.
  • @sarahhedger7 girl. Yes to this question. I always just thought I would be the one to circumcise, but now I'm not sure.....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sarahhedger7 before we knew we were having a girl, we decided that we would not circumcise if we had a son based upon the research we did. I used to think of course we would, but then after reading, we decided we wouldn't. No judgment either way. To each his own!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @SoFlaMommie1128 - I've been taking probiotics at my ob's recommendation. I am super prone to UTIs, so she suggested I take them to lower my UTI risk during pregnancy. So far, so good!
  • orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited November 2017
    @sarahhedger7 we're having a girl this time, but my husband and I decided we won't circumcise if we have a boy. There's no religious angle to it in our household. We see it as a primarily aesthetic decision that our (theoretical) son can make for himself when he comes of age.

ETA: For the record, my husband is circumcised and doesn't feel particularly sad about it. Nor does he feel like his son would have to "match" him. From my perspective (having dated men "both ways" and as a medical provider), I don't think it's a big deal either way (good genital hygiene is always a good idea!)  We just don't see the point of putting a baby through a procedure for no particular reason, when there will always be a risk of infection or complication.
  • I don’t want to circumcise but I am waiting for H to do his research so we can discuss it. We will decide together and while I may share what we do here I don’t plan on answering the question if friends/family ask (which I know some will because they don’t value their own kids’ privacy so why would they value mine?) If they aren’t going to be changing his diaper they don’t need to know what’s in there. Everyone has an opinion. 
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited November 2017
    @Gingermom15 me neither! It was really the only non-religious reasoning we could dream up tho — it’s just a sort of cultural habit? I watched two circumcisions in nursing school and was just like “why are we doing this exactly?” (In the larger sense, obv the reason was parent preference) 
  • Thanks guys! I appreciate everyone’s input. I have been reading up on both sides but wanted to see where you ladies stood.
    The Rainbow Light prenatal has a probiotic in it. 
  • @Gingermom15 exactly. Anyone who will change him will obviously see and be taught how to deal. But I don’t see what the fuss is whatever we choose. 
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • @Gingermom15 exactly. Anyone who will change him will obviously see and be taught how to deal. But I don’t see what the fuss is whatever we choose. 
    Right. Why do people care about my child’s penis so much? 
  • Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited November 2017
    syssa-o said:
    @Gingermom15 it’s the same people who care whether you breastfeed or formula feed and whether or not you had an epidural 

hahaha they probably have a Facebook group to talk about it too 
    Probably  :D I had a cs, breastfed and formula fed. They’d have a field day with me lol

ETA do I get brownie points if I didn’t have an epidural or spinal block? Probably not. General anesthesia is worse somehow I bet haha
  • Sleeping positions? Im 24 weeks and having the hardest time sleeping on my sides! 

@bb3vj3n...I'm still able to care for myself, but it is uncomfortable! With my last pregnancy, i just went all natural. I HATED it, but i just couldn't make it happen. 
  • Love how helpful your DH was @syssa-o

@bb3vj3n if you have a tub,  you can use the sides to sit and shave your legs. I find that easier than our shower. I would imagine the same for polishing toes. But I put pedicures and Brazilians in my budget. It's too hard for me to stop doing either  >:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used a mirror and sat on the tub. An electric trimmer is great towards the end. My main goal was to keep it clean for recovery and not make it look nice (it didn’t lol). 
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 I'm taking these: https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Prenatal-Probiotic-Women/dp/B01LW2DZ5A I asked my OB and they said it's totally safe and may help you not test positive for Group B Strep. I'm mainly taking them because they have helped my gut immensely...I ran out and was lazy about buying a new bottle and my belly issues definitely ramped up in that time. Might be placebo but IDC! 

• @SoFlaMommie1128 I had BV and whatever else comes along with it so my midwife recommended a high dose of probiotics. I use NOW brand everything. 

Also, thanks to Probiotics, I haven't had hemorrhoids which is a new, beautiful life for me!
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 I had BV and whatever else comes along with it so my midwife recommended a high dose of probiotics. I use NOW brand everything. 

Also, thanks to Probiotics, I haven't had hemorrhoids which is a new, beautiful life for me!
    I was GBS positive with my son and had BV in the beginning of this one. It sounds like probiotics would be beneficial, thank you! What dose do you take?
  • I take a probiotic every morning because I've already had 3 damn yeast infections during this pregnancy.  

But just a heads up for probiotics - if you're taking room temp. pills or buying probiotics that are sold at room temp. then they probably aren't very effective.  You have to buy the kind that is sold out of the fridge and store it in the fridge at your home as well.
  • Random Q for STMs: I'm thinking of investing in a new pair of heeled chelsea boots, mostly to help pregnancy feel more chic. What I want to know is: DID YOUR FEET ACTUALLY GROW A HALF SIZE AFTER PREGNANCY!?!? I like to invest in quality things for the long haul, and don't want to spend the dough and then never be able to wear them again.
  • @orbmaker mine never did. But I do know people who’s feet grew, and also people who’s feet shrank. 
  • orbmaker said:
    Random Q for STMs: I'm thinking of investing in a new pair of heeled chelsea boots, mostly to help pregnancy feel more chic. What I want to know is: DID YOUR FEET ACTUALLY GROW A HALF SIZE AFTER PREGNANCY!?!? I like to invest in quality things for the long haul, and don't want to spend the dough and then never be able to wear them again.
    My feet stayed the same size after pregnancy. I bought a size up in work shoes in the beginning of my third trimester because they were swollen and huge, but they went back to normal. 
  • @orbmaker: Mine grew about a half size during pregnancy and took a couple years to go back to my pre-pregnancy size.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @orbmaker mine are the same size after 2. Swollen at the end but that went away. 
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • @orbmaker My feet didn't change through either pregnancy. I think you'll be safe. You may swell at the end though.
  • I am happy to read these affirmative responses to @orbmaker 's shoe question. My mom still (only semi-jokingly) laments that her three children made her feet grow an ENTIRE shoe size, wasting her nice shoe collection. I've put off buying new booties this fall for fear they won't fit next year. I hope I have the same luck as the women here! :p