Infertility

October IVF

Re: October IVF

• I’m so sorry to hear @maggier79. Hang in there!

As for me, my doc has canceled my cycle.  So I’m really emotional right now as well.  Don’t know where to turn.  Doc says he’ll prob change protocols for the next cycle, but I’m just numb right now
    I am really sorry. I just feel like once we’ve gotten to this point we should have a little bit of control over something.

Be kind to yourself today. 
  • I’m so sorry to hear @maggier79. Hang in there!

As for me, my doc has canceled my cycle.  So I’m really emotional right now as well.  Don’t know where to turn.  Doc says he’ll prob change protocols for the next cycle, but I’m just numb right now

OMG! I'm so sorry. Sending all the hugs. Where are you located... I really think you should consider doing a skype or phone consult with some of the clinics that work specifically with DOR. I'm in NYC and we have several that do (i'm going to one now!)
  • Loading the player...
  • @knottie0635bfe61a4fac27 hugs!! Anyone have any idea on cost of karyotype blood test? Also DNA frag test?
  • maggier79 said:
    @knottie0635bfe61a4fac27 hugs!! Anyone have any idea on cost of karyotype blood test? Also DNA frag test?

DH and I did the counsyl genetic screening and it was covered by our insurance.. I think it was a hundred bucks or so oop...cant remember. No idea on the frag
  • Thank you so much everyone!!
    @dragonette505 I am going to a clinic in nyc....Dr Davis at Cornell who specializes in DOR.  He wants to try another protocol next cycle; not sure which one yet, but I think prob low dose stim.  But I still feel so helpless.  
    Which clinic are you going to?  And are you doing microdose lupron protocol?
  • @morganelizabeth123 Good luck on your blood test. I have my transfer on Thursday so I will be in TTW also.

@maggier79 I am so sorry. Hang in there. Do something special for yourself.
  • Thank you so much everyone!!
    @dragonette505 I am going to a clinic in nyc....Dr Davis at Cornell who specializes in DOR.  He wants to try another protocol next cycle; not sure which one yet, but I think prob low dose stim.  But I still feel so helpless.  
    Which clinic are you going to?  And are you doing microdose lupron protocol?
    I’m in nyc as well!! I’m at SIRM. I think it’s probably fine if you stay at your place, but it can’t hurt to take a consultation and see what other clinics suggest... my second opinion consult at CHR really helped me to decide to change clinics (even though I didn’t choose CHR ultimately). I ended up hearing what other clinics thought was possible for me. I’ve done much better after making some changes suggested 

• @morganelizabeth123 Good luck on your blood test. I have my transfer on Thursday so I will be in TTW also.

@maggier79 I am so sorry. Hang in there. Do something special for yourself.
    Omg! Keep us updated on transfer day!!
  • @dragonette505. I went to so many clinics before coming to Cornell.  Nobody wanted to even do an IVF on me, due to my DOR.  Dr Davis was different and wanted to take this challenge.  He also specializes in cases with DOR.
    Can I ask you what changes were suggested to you?
  • @dragonette505. I went to so many clinics before coming to Cornell.  Nobody wanted to even do an IVF on me, due to my DOR.  Dr Davis was different and wanted to take this challenge.  He also specializes in cases with DOR.
    Can I ask you what changes were suggested to you?
    When I did my second opinion consult at chr they checked some autoimmune stuff (I knew I had some issues) and saw I had elevated antibiodies. The suggested doing something about that... I chose to change my diet and reduce inflammation. I also got consistant with taking dhea and coq10 and other supplements. I’m really surprised CHR and SIRM wouldn’t take you on! But like I said... second opinions don’t always mean to leave your clinic... you can take the suggestions and stuff you learn back to your clinic and see if they can implement some of it. 
    Btw... I missed that you asked me about if I’m doing microdose lupron.... right now im
    not, but I’ve done 2 mdl cycles and got really good results! I definitely can recommend it!
  • @dragonette505 oh no I haven’t tried any other clinics in nyc.  But see your AMH and fsh are all normal.  In my case, they’re all screwed up, and so not sure who else will be willing to give me a shot, and which protocol if any will work on me.  Moreover, now I didn’t respond to this protocol that Dr Davis just tried on me
  • @dragonette505 oh no I haven’t tried any other clinics in nyc.  But see your AMH and fsh are all normal.  In my case, they’re all screwed up, and so not sure who else will be willing to give me a shot, and which protocol if any will work on me.  Moreover, now I didn’t respond to this protocol that Dr Davis just tried on me
    No, I hear you! I don’t want to pretend there isn’t cause for concern.... I know tw...CHR just announced they got a 47 year old woman pregnant with her own eggs and delivered a healthy baby(they haven’t yet released the protocol as they are presenting their findings first) but that woman had been told it was impossible for her...  what a second opinion from a place like that may tell you is something less positive... but they may just have another idea. I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask them. I know they consider the toughest cases.
    also in my case, my numbers have actually improved after adding supplements and doing lifestyle changes. Those numbers can move. I am so sorry you are going through all of this... and for all my better numbers, I’m still in this process with you, so again.... those numbers aren’t everything. Sending hugs and strength. No matter what you decide I’m here to talk or commiserate 
  • maggier79 said:
    @knottie0635bfe61a4fac27 hugs!! Anyone have any idea on cost of karyotype blood test? Also DNA frag test?
    We paid OOP and I was surprised at how low the cost was. I want to say like $400? I think the company charges people OOP less. Or at least the same insurance rate others pay.
  • Good morning everyone! Finally got my TB account back and it's working after a week of silence!!! 

maggier79 I am so sorry reading your news, I have not done PGS but I know the feeling of walking out with nothing and it’s absolutely devastating. Sending healing thoughts and strength on your way. 

knottie0635bfe61a4fac27 I'm so sorry, sending you virtual hugs and bunch of strength for whatever you decide to do next xxx

AFM Sunday was our transfer day, and we had two early blastocysts of which we transferred one and left the second one to develop in the lab in hopes of it making it to freeze. We are so scared of having any bad news at this stage so have not called the clinic to see how it did. I am trying hard to focus on the little hope inside me. I'm on 2 estrogen pills + 2 endometrin + clexane shot per day and since I will be away when my first beta is due, I'll continue the meds and go for beta when I'm back on the 5th of November. 

I'll be catching up with all of you later xx

My TTC history:
    TTC since 2013. Unexplained Infertility *Low ovarian reserve 
    Fibroid removed August2013
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    Fibroid removed December2015
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF#2 November2016 (3 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 2 ) - BFN  
    IVF #3 January2017 (5 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 3 ) - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #5 June2017 (1 egg retrieved, polysermy) Mini IVF - Bust  :'(:'(:'(
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited October 2017
    @IfYouCanDreamIt OMG! so excited for you!! Hoping this is your cycle!!
  • @IfYouCanDreamIt soooo exciting! I’m super positive for you! It’s going to work! I feel like all this positive energy from yourself and others has gottabe good karma right?! That’s what I keep saying for my own transfer. Lol
  • ....and. I ovulated. Hormone levels confirmed I lost one via ovulation. Estrogen down a tiny bit. Progesterone up. If we can catch it and reverse it over the next 2 days, we keep going. If not... botched cycle. Damn. 
  • dragonette505bassetlover1  indeed has to be good karma, I'm refusing to believe history will repeat itself. RE also thinks my upcoming trip is only a positive thing during TWW. 

dragonette505 at what stage are you at now, getting closer to start stimming? 

bassetlover1 What time is your transfer? Can't wait to hear how it went!

Happyin14 Keeping my fingers crossed that the reversing works X When is your next check up? Is there a chance of converting to IUI? 

My TTC history:
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• maggier79maggier79 member
    edited October 2017
    Update: I met with my doctor today to go over my PGS results. I left with more questions than answers. Turns out that not all 4 embryos were abnormal. Here are the actual results:
    2 abnormal; 1 normal (special considerations*--see below); 1 ("no results")
    Chromosome results:
    Embryo 1: (48,XX,+4,+21)--abnormal
    Embryo 2: (46,XX,del(5)(q23)--abnormal
    Embryo 3: (Male) Special considerations*. No abnormalities were detected in this sample; however, these EmbryVu test results were below the quality threshold. Therefore, the analytic sensitivity and specificity may be below the validated limits listed in Comments section. A rebiopsy may result in a different interpretation.
    Embryo 4: (Sex: N/A) No results**Limited amplification detected. Rebiopsy and retesting of this embryo may provide an actionable result.

First of all, I am not trying to get excited about any of this. My mind is too busy trying to understand WTF all this means and what our next steps should be. Doctor told me that Embryo 3's quality is below that which clinic typically expects for a transfer but that he has consulted with a fellow doc and both agree that a transfer makes sense. He believes it would be best to transfer both Embryos 3 and 4 but that he has little hope with Embie 4. On DH's urging, I pressed him on whether results were due to eggs/sperm. He is adamant that there is nothing wrong with DH's sperm and that my eggs (advanced age: 38) is the  issue. I have a thousand questions but would first like to get all of your first impressions. I am very confused right now. Thanks to all!
  • @maggier79 That’s much better news than you thought!!
  • @IfYouCanDreamIt - I go back in one friday and we see what happened. 

With my history, I would worry about IUI.... I have an easy time getting pregnant just can’t stay pregnant. So we were planning on PGS and a frozen transfer. 

I don’t have a good feeling... 
  • @happyin14 ugh, hope they can catch the rest! I would have thought they’d try iui as well unless you had a ton of follies
  • @IfYouCanDreamIt I’m CD2... going in Friday for baseline 
  • Congrats, @bassetlover1! Fingers crossed!

@dragonette505, I do have a lot of follies around 14-15. So we are hoping we caught the rest and I can trigger them in a couple of days. My bloat has gone down and I’m no longer uncomfortable, so I’m not incredibly optimistic. 
  • @bassetlover1 Yay!!! PUPO!!

@happyin14 Ive not really heard of a situation like yours where there was a surge indicting O but they thought they could get the rest. I have definitely heard of (and had) situations where some of the larger leading follies have over mature eggs but usually in these cases they have kept you from having that surge.... I'm really hoping they've figure this out for you.... it would be a great thing for other people to hear as well
  • @bassetlover1 Congrats!!! Wishing you the best : )

• dragonette505  wohoo for getting started! Good luck for your baseline tomorrow!

bassetlover1  That's great news, congrats on being PUPO!!!

Happyin14 Hoping you'll get answers soon and naturally still hoping for the best outcome xxx
    My TTC history:
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  

• @dragonette505, I don’t have a full answer yet, obviously. But the follies are still there and growing. It’s oddly the best scan I’ve had... lots of follicles around the same size.

estrogen went way up also, so they are encouraged by how quickly everything is rebounding. It’s totally one day at a time. And I feel like the eggs will be “dusty” from hanging for so long. But, my RE assures me it doesn’t work quite like that. Fingers crossed. I go back tomorrow. 
  • So for my next cycle, my doc is recommending estrogen priming and then starting me on menopur 75, but no gonal f.  Does anyone have any experience or advice?
  • @happyin14 yeah, those eggs are ALWAYS hanging around lol... 
  • So for my next cycle, my doc is recommending estrogen priming and then starting me on menopur 75, but no gonal f.  Does anyone have any experience or advice?
    I just posted in November, but I guess it feels like they are still starting low with you.... curious as to their theory on it....
  • Hi ladies,
    I'm late in joining the October group as I was so busy at work recently. I see some ladies from previous months and I pray all of us get our BFPs soon.

AFM, I'm on day 9 of stims. I've been taking Follistim 425 every night and added one vial of menopur three nights ago. I had an ultrasound and blood test yesterday and things are not looking so good for me :( Even though I started with 11 follicles on the baseline ultrasound, only 4 follicles are growing. I hear many women have a lot more than I do at this point. Because we are paying OOP we cant just go ahead and give this cycle a try in case we end up with no good eggs or embryos. I'm so disappointed and frustrated.  Doctor wanted me to add another vial of menopur to the mix starting last night to see if anything changes. I'm going back tomorrow on Day 10 of stims to see if anything has changed. My E2 levels are also low (280 yesterday) which I think indicates not all follicles have eggs. :( 

I'm thinking whether to convert the cycle to IUI but my husband thinks it wont work since we already tried IUI three times in the past. We probably will have to make a decision tomorrow whether to continue or not. My doctor does ER as long as there are 3 follicles. But, if we go through it and it fails then we can't afford to do another cycle. Ugh!

I'm praying that all women who truly want to have their own kid, will have their dream come true. This whole things sucks!

• @llky I think 4 is better than nothing, and you never know it may work.  All you need is one good egg.  Good luck and keep us posted
  • Today's ultrasound showed 3 follicles. I have no idea what happened to the 4th one. It was about 17mm two days ago. They did a progesterone test to see if it ovulated. I'm totally floored and have been crying all morning. We are for sure not going to continue this cycle as chances are so low and we cant afford another treatment if this doesnt work. :( 
  • dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited October 2017
    @Ilky omg... I'm so sorry!! this sucks! Hoping they can come up with a good plan for you going forward
  • @ilky- *lurking* so sorry to see your update. I know how devastating cancelled cycles are. My first one was cancelled too. But I think you are making the right call. Lots of ladies have had far better second cycles with different protocols. Dont give up yet, unfortunately its trial and error with the protocol. I would suggest maybe estrogen priming instead of birth control, if you did birth control this cycle. Thinking of you!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @Ilky im so sorry! I hope they can come up with a better protocol for your next cycle! 
  • @JamieH2000 I didnt have birth control or estrogen priming protocols. Not sure what they are for. Just used the Follistim for 7 days and added Menopur for an additional 3 nights. Today, my cycle got converted to IUI (I see that's what happened to you as well). I got the trigger shot this morning and back to back IUIs tomorrow and Friday. Have no hopes in that since we already tried and failed, but I cant just let 3 follicles go to waste. Plus it will be something to keep busy with until the witch shows up and I can start IVF #2. 

Thanks you everyone for your support. :blush:
  • @Ilky sorry to hear your update but there's still hope for the IUI so don't give up. In case you'll need to do another round, I truly hope they can come up with a better protocol for you. 

dragonette505 how are you doing? I haven't been able to read updates for over a week now, hope your stimming is going well and your steadily getting closer to retrieval. 

AFM No good news :'( I got back from an exhausting work trip and went straight to do the beta. It's another BFN for me and I'm feeling absolutely shattered. We've decided that 2017 will be the last year of trying so we are coming to an end of this journey. DH and I will need a few days to decide whether to do our last round of IVF in December. 

My TTC history:
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN