May 2018 Moms
Options

New Baby Name Thread

Re: New Baby Name Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nanifrog I think there's some truth to that.  I used to work with a guy named Joe, only to find out his real name was Cary.  I said, "Oooh like Cary Grant, I love it!" He was impressed that I knew Cary was originally a male name.  Also worked with an Ash that I later found out was Ashley (hello Gone With the Wind! <3 ), but he was too embarrassed to tell anyone his real name.  I actually love both of those names for men.  But there was also Leslie, Sandy (usually as a nickname), Carol, Casey, Sidney for sure, Morgan.  Lots of others, too.
    My husband is Loren and he hated it growing up. He also has red hair and got made fun of a lot between the two things. Some of his friends call him LT. 
  • Options
    For anyone looking for a gender neutral baby name for a female, my friend named her baby girl Bryce and I think it's the cutest. I'm not going to use it bc she is one of my best friends, but thought I would share. 

I had another friend tell me how she thought Bryce was too masculine and hated it for a girl, but I personally love it. Anyway, not a name I am using so it's okay if no one likes it  :D
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @sandbar517 I love Morgan and Ashley as boy names!
  • Options
    I love old names! I have two girls, Addie Michelle rose and Genevieve Noël (noël since she was due Christmas Eve.) G’s middle name was originally going to be Darling, and old family name on my husbands side. We don’t know the sex yet, but for a girl we have set on Belle Loretta (my mother’s name is Lori Etta) but I am also not opposed to using Darling as a middle name this time around, or Henry Fredrick Earle which I’m not quite in love with Henry yet. I also love the name Georgiana (like from the movie “dutchess” based on Georgiana spencer,) but I feel like nicknames for that are limited to what use on Genevieve like G or Gigi. 
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 that's J's name ;) So I'm a little partial 
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 just unfriend those distant cousins on Facebook and you're set! ;) ....Haha, kidding. Kind of.

I totally agree with the other ladies and think it's fine. 
  • Options
    Since we recently found out this babe is a girl I've started to put together a list... Not sure SO feels comfortable choosing a girl's name so this may be easier than I thought.  DS is Blake, so trying to find a name that fits. Middle name will be Joyce (I think)
    Ruby
    Sadie
    Sophie
    Summer
    Maxine
    Emilia
    Aspen
    Bailey
    Emma
    Mila
    Winter (nn Winnie) anyone have any other suggestions for a first name where Winnie could be the nn? 
    Open to all feedback of course! 
  • Options
    @bwow615
    Edwina
    Winifred
    Gwendolyn
    Guinevere
    Gwyneth
    Wynne 
  • Options
    cups4 said:
    I like older names.  We are having a girl and the 2 names I had written down when we were TTC are still on the top of my list.  It's funny how as second time parents, we know the sex even earlier than before but are not pushing names.  H and I are both liking Eleanor (Ellie or Nory/Nori?) and Cecelia (Cece). I can tell he is leaning toward Eleanor but I like Cecelia better.  The toddler has a more traditional name so both names work really well.  Middle names are already decided and will be my maiden name.
    I like older names too. We have a Henry, Meredith, and Judith in our brood of five. I also have Eleanor at the top of my list for this one. Husband likes Maisie. 
    ? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @bwow615 I like them all actually, but Ruby, Maxine and Summer are all underused. I love Winnie and would go with Winifred personally.

With Blake i also like Iris, Hazel, Caroline, Lydia, Lorelei, Wren... 
  • Options
    @bwow615 Ruby and Summer jumped out at me on that list. 
  • Options
    @holli0801 and @Ceridwen77 thank you both for your input! 
  • Options
    @bwow615 love summer!  It's on our short list. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here are some names I’ve written down. These are in no order and some will get vetoed pretty easily when DH gets involved. We’ll have our first round of genetic test results by end of this week, which includes the sex (so crazy since we were team green last time).  So I should probably just wait until then, but here’s my brain dump. 

Talia (we aren’t Jewish so not sure if this would get side-eyed)

Iris

Azalea

Dahlia

Juniper

Willow

Genevieve

Camelia 

Eva

Cecilia

Natalie

Isla

Evelyn

Corrine

————————

Charles

Landon

Ezra

Calvin (this was our boy choice last time if we didn’t have a girl)

I love Isla. I’d use it if my daughters name didn’t rhyme with it. 
  • Options
    For boys : Otto, Ivor or Ziggy
    For girls : Clara, Adela or Ziggy

Either way I would quite like Ziggy as a middle name. 

Baby brother or sister (find out in two weeks!) to Sebastián and Xavier. 
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77 the name Genevieve is just beautiful, and so many cute nn. 

I also like Guinevere, also not a fan of nn Guin or Gwen 
  • Options
    The name guinevere makes me think of the death can for cutie song "we laugh indoors".  Love that song. 
  • Options
    cups4 said:
    I like older names.  We are having a girl and the 2 names I had written down when we were TTC are still on the top of my list.  It's funny how as second time parents, we know the sex even earlier than before but are not pushing names.  H and I are both liking Eleanor (Ellie or Nory/Nori?) and Cecelia (Cece). I can tell he is leaning toward Eleanor but I like Cecelia better.  The toddler has a more traditional name so both names work really well.  Middle names are already decided and will be my maiden name.
    I like older names too. We have a Henry, Meredith, and Judith in our brood of five. I also have Eleanor at the top of my list for this one. Husband likes Maisie. 
    This is probably a dumb question but how do you pronounce Maisie? DS has a little girl in his preschool class with the name and don't know if I'm pronouncing it correctly. Is it "Macy" like the store? I'm sorry.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    holli0801holli0801 member
    edited November 2017
    @JNCPro3130 may-zee

Eta rhymes with daisy 
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 I’ve seen Maisie as a nickname for Margaret. 
  • Options
    We are team green (or at least I am working on my husband to be team green)

For a boy we are pretty set on Joesph James (JJ). Our DS is Theodore and DD is Lacey and I like the Joe and Theo or Lacey and Joey combos. 

For a girl we are still up in the air. I really liked Margaret Mae but realized yesterday Mae is a nickname for Margaret so that may be silly. I was thinking we would do Maggie for short.  My husband isn’t sold on any of my girl names but he is so sure it will be a boy that he doesn’t see the point in thinking up girl names. (He was wrong on the gender of both of our kids so I don’t know why he is so confident)
  • Options
    @hotmessmamax3 I actually really love Maggie Mae as a combo. My name is Megan Marie and that was one of my nicknames from my family so maybe that’s why (my grandma was Margaret). I don’t think it’s too similar! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is a rod Stewart song Maggie May that I immediately thought of... I think it's cute.