January 2018 Moms

Glucose Test

Re: Glucose Test

• Loading the player...
  • @bkbaby18 good luck girlfriend! One week for me! This is so nerve wracking!! Let us know how it turns out!!
  • Good luck ladies!
  • Good luck today ladies! I'm t-minus 9 minutes from the blood draw.
  • I just took mine - fx this will be the first 1 hour I've ever passed! 

And to the flavors above, I've never been offered anything other than the Orange glucocrush (and this is my 6th one!) The red one sounds better than orange. 
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Mine is tomorrow. I'm avoiding sweets today and tomorrow and I'm going to eat an eggy breakfast. Been having some unpredictable nausea, so Dr. recommended a proteiny breakfast to help me keep the gluco drink down.
  • Good luck everyone!!!
  • @JuliaGoolia719 that is a lot of pokes!!!

All done with my three hour. Should hear back on Thursday if I passed. It wasn’t too bad. Just read and browsed facebooks in between sticks.
  • Ugggh my test results are usually posted early the morning after my appointment but of course the one time I really want to know, they're not. I don't know why I'm so anxious about it but I woke up at 3:40 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep until I checked  :/
  • @gusgus14 waiting is the worst part!! 
  • I'm currently sitting in the waiting room at the lab for my reading in 30 mins. Last pregnancy I failed the 1 hour but passed the 3 hour so I'm hoping that's not the case this time.
  • @Eags the last thing I need right now is constipation! I'm taking slow release Fe. I've had good luck with it in the past and I'm taking every other day. Hopefully that is a good balance! 
  • I failed my 1 hour test and since I had GD with my daughter the doc sent me straight to diabetic counseling! No 3 hour test for me, straight to finger pricks!
  • I bombed the 3 hour.

So I got my glucometer, and I learn how to use it Tuesday.  Of course, I'm playing with it already, and my numbers have all been fine (I do great, if I don't consume a big sugary thing), so I'm hoping I can control this with diet.

Bleah.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @KLake42 I’m so sorry, that sucks:( 
  • Oh no @KLake42. I'm sorry.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @KLake42 I'm sorry! But the good news is it sounds like you may not need to deal with insulin! FX!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KLake42 Hugs and FX you can keep it bay with small changes etc. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Had my glucose test this morning and picked fruit punch--no issues during! I would have logged on while waiting but TB mobile app is being crazy for me now and won't let me post! Anyways, should have results around Sunday!
  • Did anyone get their actual number result? My doctor just gave me the number but not the scale. What does 107 mean? 
  • bainidhedubbainidhedub member
    edited October 2017
    @auntieraindrop When I looked it up on Patient Portal, the "normal" threshold was 130 for my 27-week test with DS and 135 for my 18-week test this time. Sounds like you are well below cause for concern.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @auntieraindrop my 18 week was 74. Last pregnancy I was 79 at 18 weeks and 104 at 26 weeks.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @auntieraindrop A normal number is typically between 75 and 135. 

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• My doctor hasnt called yet but I viewed my results on labcorp's website and failed it ( 163) it also showed that I might be anemic but that's just me interpreting my results so I'll wait for the doctor to call Monday. 
    I failed with DD2 by one point, and passed 3 hour. This time I am nervous failing with such a high number  :#:#
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018