March 2018 Moms
Options

Nursery Themes!

How are you planning to decorate your nursery? Are you doing a theme or color scheme? 

Re: Nursery Themes!

• Options
    Im thinking about doing a light colored beach theme. Like..white, tans and maybe some light teal. We'll see..I'm not sure if we'll be moving before or after baby so it kinda depends on that!
  • Options
    Just starting to think about this. We're planning to paint the walls a pale-ish, foggy sea blue-green and have collected a few blonde wood pieces. I think we'll go with a loose, not too on-the-nose (ie, largely abstract) marine/botanical theme, maybe a little more floral if a girl & a little more seaweed-y if a boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did kind of a nautical or ocean theme with my son... teal walls, a big ship wheel on the wall, whale crib bedding and mobile, his toy box is a big wooden pirate chest that my dad made. It turned out super cute. 

We did the sneak peek test so we're 95% sure this one is a girl - if the ultrasound confirms, then I'm thinking a wildflower/woodlands theme would be fun. There's a ton of ideas on pinterest.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm going with a mint green and light gray color scheme, and plan on having owls and little fish for the nursery as well. We have nicknamed the baby Minnow, so a more neutral and semi-natural scheme feels more appropriate to me. Since I'm renting and don't feel like having to repaint a whole room when we eventually move out, we'll probably just paint an accent wall or try wallpaper.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    We're either doing an earthy, boho theme or a mint, black, and white theme. I'm partial to earthy boho but it may be difficult to find decor for. My husband likes a superhero theme which I'm not outright apposed to but I'm also not in love with. 
  • Options
    We didn't do a theme with DS and we probably won't with this baby either. He happened to get a lovey that was green and white, and then my grandma knitted a green and white blanket for him. I found a green and white sign that says "love you to the moon and back" so I guess his theme is green and white?

I found another sign that says "you are my sunshine" in white and yellow. It's th same as DS's. So I guess I'll aim for white/yellow accents. But we don't plan to paint or go all out. 
  • Options
    @orbmaker omg I love that! Good idea. I'm not terribly crafty but I might give that a shot. 

@muggle621 a friend of mine did a Harry Potter nursery and I love  the idea! She had a bunch of books, a cute stuffed owl in a cage,  a shelf with potion bottles, and a string art thing in the shape of a doe with "always" underneath. So adorable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    For a boy, we'd like to do a "Where the Wild Things Are" or Peter Pan themed nursery. If it's a girl, of course giraffe everything.. cause.. giraffes. But I will not have everything pink. Yuck. lol
  • Options
    @muggle621 - OMG I just noticed your September Siggy... is that pumpkin spice.. douche? HAHAHAA!!!!
  • Options
    @ashleyf911 Your friend's nursery sounds so cute!! We are definitely doing the owl and some books, and I want the light plate that says "lumos' and "nox". I'm not sure what else though. After I have the baby I may even get a Lumos tattoo because I am nerdy af. 

@crossfitbabybump  Hahaha yes. I had totally forgotten about this SNL skit then saw it when I was looking for ideas. I couldn't believe my good luck!! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @muggle621 - I'm dying... that just made my day! hahaha! :D
  • Options
    We are planning team green this time around but struggling with what to do exactly.  We are huge Disney people so thinking back my favorite a Winnie the Pooh or going with grey, white, and accenting with either purple or powder blue once born.  My daughter was owls before they were popular and son was puppies.  
  • Options
    I really wanted to do a Peter Pan thing but was surprised by the lack of Peter Pan nursery decor on Amazon. I decided to go with a dinosaur theme. Dinosaur stuff is everywhere and all kids seem to love them. 
  • Options
    Oooh, I LOVE this thread.  Lol. I've been going crazy with the baby stuff over here. We're looking to buy a bigger house, but haven't found anything yet, so right now I'm planning on making a part of our room the baby area. I'm going to make the bedding. This is the material I'm using for the sheets. I want to do a 3 tired ruffled crib skirt in a matching turquoise or aqua. I want to make a rug like this one, but square. For the mobile, I want to make one of those flower wreath things, but somehow incorporate a doll like the one below, hanging from it. 
  • Options
    @fatstagnation love the book idea! For my three year old we put gutters on the wall. They kept the books in tight so they wouldn't tip and were super cheap! Just another idea.

@runnergirl2015 that looks beautiful 

@becausescience  love all the chevron is your daughters room! The space theme looks awesome too! They have a lot of space stuff at pottery barn kids. 

• Options
    @becausescience did you get those animal watercolors on Etsy? A friend of mine was making something similar! 
  • Options
    ivfgotthistwice 
    Gutters! What a great idea! Thanks
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @npkat that's such a great story! And makes me want to get some lucky bamboo in the house asap! <3 
  • Options
    Love the wall bookshelves. We have to put our two boys in the same room when baby comes, so I need a space saver! 
  • Options
    Peter Pan nursery if it's a boy or a girl.  For DS we did baby
    dinosuars.  For a girl we were going to do lambs. 

Baby #1: BFP on 10/12/2011, EDD 6/24/2012 Born: 6/16/2012 Boy!

Baby #2: BFP on 11/11/2016, EDD 7/25/2017 - MC 1/2/2017

• Options
    Thank you @gh515! Definitely a fun little story. And yes, get you some lucky bamboo  ;)
  • Options
    @orbmaker Yep. I found a store that did digital prints. So I just got the files, printed them at Office Max, and stuck them in IKEA frames. Yay for cheap art! 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    UO, but my daughter's room isn't really decorated. I'm waiting until she's old enough to pick out her own stuff.
    Same thing with us.  We are living in a tiny apartment trying to sell our house in another state.  The house is not expected to sell until April, after I give birth.  Then we have to look for a house here.  We don't have room for a full nursery, and we are extremely cramped.  I think if we get a house, we will do some bare bones decorations, but probably wait until baby's personality and likes emerge.
  • Options
    We are finding out the gender this Saturday then will start picking our nursery and really thinking about names....But with my daughter we kept her walls white and decorated with bright pinks and oranges her theme is owls. If this one is another girl I'm thinking of doing purple and white this time  with animals like elaphants and giraffes. If it's a boy I like green and white jungle them or blue sea themes. I love the Harry Potter themed nurserys for a boy but not sure my husband would lol.
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Options
    @muggle621 @jerseygirl9090 I just saw today that Pottery Barn Teen released a Harry Potter bedroom collection. Maybe classy (/expensive (;) enough to pass by picky husbands or others.

https://www.pbteen.com/shop/new/harry-potter-shop/?cm_ven=SocialMedia&amp;cm_ite=HarryPotterAnnounement&amp;cm_pla=9/17/17&amp;cm_cat=Instagram
  • Options
    I really wanted to do a Peter Pan thing but was surprised by the lack of Peter Pan nursery decor on Amazon. I decided to go with a dinosaur theme. Dinosaur stuff is everywhere and all kids seem to love them. 

@sarahhedger7 - check Etsy!!!
  • Options
    I'm having another girl and I plan on having the girls share a room so I'm just using the same things I used for my oldest.  I'm buying a big girl bed and new bedding that matches the Dwell studio nursery bedding (boheme).  
  • Options
    @becausescience that’s a gorgeous color! My friends did a space theme with a light blue-ish gray on the walls and then they painted a feature wall with chalk paint and drew constellations and planets and space stuff on it. :smile:
  • Options
    @becausescience Don't forget the glow in the dark star stickers for the ceiling!!!