Infertility
Options

Anyone doing IVF in July/August?

Re: Anyone doing IVF in July/August?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JaeJayStark...nope same thing ! Transvaginal ultrasound 
  • Options
    So how many weeks will you be when you have that ultrasound?
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    ttc with TI June 2016 - Nov 2016 = BFN 
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    •  Mar 2017 - IUI #2, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  April 2017 - IUI #3, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  May 2017 - IUI #4, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • April 2017 - Baby Boy Beckett was born. 
    • August 2019 - FET, transferred one day 5/6 embryo | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • Options
    I think about 5 going on 6. I'm surprised they do it that early actually ..my OB/GYN doesn't want people to come in for their first sonogram till 6-8 weeks. 
  • Options
    @dragonette505 wow, I've never seen such a detailed report before.  But I guess it seems like you start off with so many!  How many have you had make it to freeze?

I am unsure what to think about ours based on the grading report she gave me.  First she says I have three amazing quality embryos!!!  Then when I asked more about what they meant, saying I would look that stuff up again, she said Embriology had <i>just</i> sent out a report saying blast grading doesn't have a meaningful correlation with pregnancy outcomes. :/ but when I look into it, the internet seems to think 4BB is maybe borderline?  Why is the telling me we have three all great looking blasts if the one really might not be???
  • Options
    @BusinessWife that's because I am a big nerd and took the info and made mini spreadsheets of my embryo progression (craaaay!) I had over all 4 to freeze on that first cycle (2 day 5 and 2 day 6) and 1 on the last!!! That's why I honestly have to hope for at least 1
    i think the reason the interwebs are calling your 4bb "average " is because aa would be excellent or top rated. They will freeze bc 's so you can see how your bb is better than a bc/cb. I've got a 4bb waiting for me and super happy to have it! I also have a 4bc which is still totally capable of making a baby but it's less desirable since the c is for the icm (inner cell mass) which is the cluster of cells that becomes the baby. 
  • Options
    @dragonette505..my first pregnancy was natural conception after 8 months.
  • Options
    dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited September 2017
    @Hopeful_mom it's so true about those grades and viability. I've seen where girls have fairly low grades (4bc) with fragmentation who were told their embies didn't look good who are now moms of completely healthy children. 
    The grading I've shown of mine is what my clinic used, but I've seen it used by others as well: they use different grading of day three embies than they do of Day 5.
    the numbers 1-3 mean: 1-best, 2-average, 3-poor (in terms of embies up to day 3). Here are the gradings they use past day 3. Cleavage is when the embryo begins to divide into the different cells which can still be counted (usually more than say 12 cells) morula and compacting are essentially the same stage at different times. By morula stage you really can no longer count the cells and it looks like one big cell again. A compacting morula is when those cells have squeezed closer so you can see the difference between the cells and the zona (the shell the embie hatches from). Bl 1and 2 are early blasts (Bl1 being earlier stage than Bl2). If they progress past that to full blastocyst stage they begin to rate them with the typical 3,4,5 and aa, bb, cc (and other combos of those letters like ab, ac, and etc)
  • Options
    @helloworld9. Crazy funfact?  My nurse said theybwill go back and look at the VIDEO to help decide!  More than the grading even.  Wild, right?

@SouthernGirl31 GL and stay safe!!! ❤
  • Options
    @BusinessWife - That's super high tech! And that's great they do that.

@dragonette505 - That totally makes more sense now. I kept a spreadsheet myself of all my injections.
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @tnh0413 that's amazing. I'm guessing the A rating is their top rating!!! 

• Options
    @dragonette505:  Excellent fert report!!  Praying those 7-8 little embies keep going strong!
    Me: 41; DH: 45
    Both married for the first time in our 40s; went straight to IVF after multiple fibroid surgeries
    (2/17) ER: #1:  agonist/antagonist protocol: 19 eggs; 8 mature; 13 fertilized; 1 7-day blast (6BA = abnormal/non-viable)
    (4/17) ER: #2: same protocol but stimmed an extra 2 days:  16 eggs; 10 mature (5 more matured in lab); 13 fertilized; 2 6-day blasts (5AA & 6BA) & 2 7-day blasts (6BA & 5BB):  only 1 Day 6 6BA tested normal!  
    FET on 7/10/17
    Beta on 7/21/17:  Negative:(
    (8/17) ER #3:  9 eggs; 6 mature; 3 fertilized; 1 7-day blast (6BA = abnormal/non-viable)
    Developed severe complications (abdominal bleeding) following egg retrieval which required hospitalization, transfusion & emergency surgery.  Done with IVF.
  • Options
    Yay @tnh0413  that's great news!! Grow Grow embabies!

@dragonette505 that's a great fertilization rate, yay!!! Now the wait... ps that gif is making me dizzy :) 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    @helloworld9 @angelbea thanks! Y'all know it's hard not to be bummed when all of us wish for the most we can get!
    @ReesaAnne16 that's not the gif, that's just the hormones you're feeling!