May 2018 Moms
Options

FTM Questions

Re: FTM Questions

• Options
    Is noticeable cramping common or okay? Today I've started developing period like cramping, it's not unbearable and I'm not spotting but with this being my first ever pregnancy, I'm having some anxiety.
    Me too.  I don't remember these from #1 and I know it's normal, but definitely makes me anxious.
    @TeacherMom2015 the cramping and RLP is MUCH worse in subsequent pregnancies.
    Also, those postpartum cramps immediately after delivery? Yeah. Way, way, way worse. I swear I needed an epidural for the two days after delivery because the PP contractions were worse than labor contractions. 

• Options
    @charlestonchew @TeacherMom2015 yeah I've also had cramping for a while now, just like period pain but less intense, it's totally normal to feel anxious but I think it should stop soon
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been getting sharp shooting stabs today that almost feel like gas pains but in my uterus.  

STM....how many of you had some brown spotting during your pg?  My dr said it is what it is and normal in some pregnancies.  TW...............the 2 times I had it before it ended in loss. It never is more than a few drops and almost always when I wipe. Never pink or red, just a dull brown and sometimes a little string of dark brown.   I don't know how to feel about it.  I am on progesterone and pelvic rest mostly because of my loss history.  I think they are just doing it to make me feel like I am doing something?  Well the spotting  went away for a few days then started back up today. I did have a US on Wednesday afternoon and everything looked normal for 5 weeks.  (Sac and tiny beginning of yolk).  I do know that I have a small vaginal canal so my cervix is a little lower down than most.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  I am also quite petite so I assume that my uterus is also more petite than others as well and maybe that has an impact as well.  Who knows.  Any comments on personal experience are appreciated.
  • Options
    @justsuzie I don't remember the color but with J I had full on period bleeding the day after I tested, and right before the second trimester. I had cramps, and it was exactly like a period for me, complete with clotting. The second time they said I had a uti and that's what caused the bleeding.
  • Options
    Ok STMs, DH and I were at a wedding tonight where I had an allergic reaction to something that was served (it was raspberry and I thought it was strawberry). Mild reaction, itchiness, rash and coughing. Came home and took some Benadryl. Do I need to tell my OBGYN about this? 
  • Options
    trauen812 said:
    Ok STMs, DH and I were at a wedding tonight where I had an allergic reaction to something that was served (it was raspberry and I thought it was strawberry). Mild reaction, itchiness, rash and coughing. Came home and took some Benadryl. Do I need to tell my OBGYN about this? 
    Benadryl is safe to take. I wouldn't call unless you're experiencing a reaction for longer than usual, but if it eases your mind then bring it up at the next appointment. Also, your Dr's office is used to getting calls all the time for any mundane thing ever, so don't ever be afraid to call if you're unsure.
  • Options
    Grossest thing: spontaneous forceful puking. I threw up off and on from 9 weeks to delivery day. I am really walking on eggshells just waiting for the puking to start. 

Best thing: Feeling DD hiccup in my tummy all the time. She got hiccups a lot after she came out too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @attorneyworkproduct omg I forgot about hiccups. Seriously, once you realize what they are it's so cool. 

• Options
    @attorneyworkproduct the hiccups are adorable! 
  • Options
    Another question, and this could a an "ask your doctor" question, but my urine has turned a neon yellow recently which I assume is from the vitamins but is this okay to have an excess? Should I switch vitamins? Any other reasons this could be happening?
  • Options
    Another question, and this could a an "ask your doctor" question, but my urine has turned a neon yellow recently which I assume is from the vitamins but is this okay to have an excess? Should I switch vitamins? Any other reasons this could be happening?
    Are you drinking enough water? My guess is that, plus vitamins. I wouldn't worry, but save that question for your first appointment 

• Options
    @yesthisiskim0401 am I getting enough? probably not. Even before being pregnant I have to force myself to drink anything. I love water, I just don't care for liquid. I have been trying to at least have 2-3 glasses a day which for me is a plus. I will mention that to my doctor and for now just assume there's no issue because it coincides with my prenatals and I don't feel any other weird symptoms. Thanks!
  • Options
    @charlestonchew That neon yellow urine is from the riboflavin (ie: vitamin B2) in your prenatal, and it's normal.  It's not indicative that you are getting tok much, it's just what it does to most people!
  • Options
    @charlestonchew Giiiirl, me too.  It's radioactive.
  • Options
    And I'll go first with the ice breaker:  Yes, you will probably poop during birth and I 100% guarantee, no matter how modest you are, that you WILL NOT CARE!!!
    And you'll probably have no idea that it happened.
    Unless you ask for a mirror as motivation to push. 
    I never screamed "REGRETS" at a nurse before that moment...
    @yesthisiskim0401 - I made the mistake of saying yes to the mirror too!!! SOOO much horror! Never again! I thought they would give me a small hand mirror to see the head crown. NOPE. A 6 foot tall one. 
  • Options
    And I'll go first with the ice breaker:  Yes, you will probably poop during birth and I 100% guarantee, no matter how modest you are, that you WILL NOT CARE!!!
    And you'll probably have no idea that it happened.
    Unless you ask for a mirror as motivation to push. 
    I never screamed "REGRETS" at a nurse before that moment...
    @yesthisiskim0401 - I made the mistake of saying yes to the mirror too!!! SOOO much horror! Never again! I thought they would give me a small hand mirror to see the head crown. NOPE. A 6 foot tall one. 
    Oh god I'm so glad I said no to the mirror haha.
  • Options
    For those of you who have had m/s.... what week did it start and what week did it stop (if it did)?
  • Options
    @justsuzie I'm experiencing the same. I had some spotting so didn't even think I was pregnant. Thought my period was on it's way. It then stopped for a day so I tested. I was shocked it was positive. I'm now having some more. Not much more than wiping and mostly brown in color. I didn't experience this with my first pregnancy so I've been concerend. Based on what I've read and in talking to other moms, this can be normal, but nerve-wracking none the less. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @ccvslp with my last pregnancy, it started around 6-7 weeks and stopped at around 13. Then it came back towards week 35. 
  • Options
    ccvslp said:
    For those of you who have had m/s.... what week did it start and what week did it stop (if it did)?
    Mine started at 8, almost 9 weeks with my DD1. Lasted until 30 weeks I had to take meds or else I would puke every 30 minutes like clockwork. Picked back up at 33-35 weeks. 
    I was only nauseous with DD2. Started a bit earlier. 

• Options
    ccvslp said:
    My first pregnancy it started around 6 and ended at 13 exactly. This time it started earlier and I pray to god it still stops at 13...
  • Options
    Worst: hemorrhoid, discharge

Best: anticipation, those flutters and kicks.  My job was mainly talking to other people and it always felt like my daughter was listening and weighing in on things with her movements.  

On the tearing thing, I heard it's far better to tear naturally and had that in my birth plan.  I like the idea of massage and may try that this time (1st time a 2nd degree tear).  

On labor poop:  my mom videotaped the post-delivery as DD's cord was cut/we held her for the first time.  It's beautiful.... BUT... after me cooing and tearing up I suddenly sit up and say to the room "I didn't shit myself!"   The video cuts out then as soon as you hear a bunch of "uhh's" from my husband, doula, and the nurses.   I love it now, cracks me up ever time I watch or think about it!  
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    heelsidehero  Happy I am not alone but unhappy you have to go through this stress too. I had an early US and everything was fine so that is helping me whenever I see it. I'm also on progesterone and can't distinguish the spotting from the progesterone discharge because it's a suppository.  I guess I will just wait it out until 8 week US.  We can get through it together.  Mine is always a beige brown color and it has a mucus consistency (sorry tmi) but sometimes it is like flakey sediment and just falls to the bottom of the toilet.  No clots or drips really. At this point everything is happening the way it should be or isn't.  Nothing we can do about it now. Stressing isn't going to help.  I have been doing positive visualizations with help me. Hopefully you have something to deter your focus as well. Creepy internet hugs to you.
    Sending you positive thoughts of a sticky nature.  It's awesome that you're doing something healthy for you like the positive visualizations.  Can't wait for 8 weeks for all of us
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • Options
    I liked the mirror! Haha! It made me feel motivated in pushing. It was way less gross than I imagined. Also terrifying at the peak of crowning but i was in so much pain I couldn't even really see, well I looked away ha. 
  • Options
    Neon colored urine means you are taking a high quality B vitamin which is good for Pregnancy! Vitamin A can be dangerous if taking too much during pregnancy.  Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? 
  • Options
    I had one water birth and one dry. Both unmedicated and uncomplicated, but the water birth was so much better - no tear and super quick recovery. I had many stitches and a long recovery the first time, though who knows if it went smoother just because the 'way was paved'?!? I hope to birth in the water again this time though!
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin can we PLEASE get this post pinned?  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @BumpAdmin can we please get a sticky for this post?
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin for the love of all things holy, can we PLEASE get a sticky for this post??

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    For those who had morning sickness starting early, how normal is it for it to suddenly reduce? Mine hit early, and starting 3w5d I was basically constantly queasy. I'm 5w2d but starting yesterday it seems to be tapering off. I'm having mild bits of it that'll last a few minutes and some excess saliva but not nearly as much as before. That combined with some cramps have me worried that things are going south. Did anyone else experience this?
  • Options
    @artlea2013 that's reassuring to hear! 
  • Options
    The disappearance of symptoms was always a "oh, this is nice", and then they come back and I'm like "oh, that was nice while it lasted" lol. 
    My m/s was unrelenting with my first. It came in waves with my second throughout first tri and went away. So far my m/s hits me EOD with this pregnancy. 

• Options
    sharkmama39sharkmama39 member
    edited September 2017
    I don't know why people say this. I pooped AND I cared. So I guess everyone is different lol. But I hope that everyone here falls in the group of not caring, bc it will happen ;)

edited: grammar 
  • Options
    I actually didn't poop. Either time. I specifically asked my dh and he said no. I didn't care. Just wanted to know. I have a feeling I'll poop this time though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I have no idea if I pooped. Just asked my SO and he said he has no idea. I don't think I did though because I remember using the loo before they upped the pitocin past the point of no return. 
  • Options
    I was more scared of puking during labor than pooping. I had a feeling I was going to go into labor the day I did so I ate super light that day.