December 2017 Moms
Options

Random 7/31

124»

Re: Random 7/31

• Options
    @jlemons-2 I actually was unemployed while pregnant with the twins (had lost my job 6 months prior) and was actively searching. I wore black and a blazer and you couldn't even tell I was showing. I did not disclose until I got the job offer. I was not eligible for fmla however they told me I could take as much time as I needed unpaid. Which worked out fine I was still able to take 2 weeks after they were born, worked 3 weeks part time (they were in the nicu so I worked a few hours then drove there) and then took another 9 when they came home. I have since taken a different job within the company that is fulltime. It all worked out... moral of that story I'd do the interview, and just see what happens! Most likely they will allow you to take leave it'll just be unpaid. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mandayno Woke up to pee and couldn't go back to sleep.  Saw your post. Read the thread. Oh dear.  I actually felt bad for OP, but then it just kept going... and going... 

• Options
    @Mandayno @elcd458 Wow. I was going to skim the first couple posts & then skip to page 3 to see the drama, but quickly realized the drama started by post 5/6. Yikessss...
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Just read it. Whoa. 
  • Options
    I know that's a common "fight" on bmb, but I don't remember it on ours. Did we skip it or am I just forgetting? 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @elcd458 I was so sad when I heard that! :'( And then some article on Facebook reminded me that Emily Blunt and John Krazinski are a thing and I was like, "PLEASE DON'T EVER BREAK UPPPPPP!"
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @elcd458 same  :'(
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Goodness gracious that went off the rails. Such an unnecessary argument IMO.
  • Options
    @elcd458 I was so sad when I heard that! :'( And then some article on Facebook reminded me that Emily Blunt and John Krazinski are a thing and I was like, "PLEASE DON'T EVER BREAK UPPPPPP!"
    Lol! Someone in my O13 moms' group said, "can someone please check on Dax and Kristen???"
  • Options
    @elcd458 omg! I am pretty shocked, but at the same time, I will not be at all surprised if we see Chris Pratt with some new hottie soon. I watched "Passengers" the other night, which was okay -- it's actually a love story rather than a sci-fi space thriller (which was how it was marketed), and there were some pretty intimate scenes with him and Jennifer Lawrence, to the point where I actually was wondering about his marriage to Anna Faris and wondered if/how long they would last. I feel like Chris Pratt's career has skyrocketed past hers and even though I love him, I kind of get the sense that Hollywood may have changed him. I'm sure they both work constantly too and have grown apart. Bummer though.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    RIGHT!! I mean at first I also had some sympathy for OP but then it just went down hill like a roller coaster!! It seriously reminded me of the HB thread again! The whole, I don't care what science and facts say, what I believe is right!!

• Options
    @Mandayo thanks for the tip! I can't believe no one even mentioned the repeated mentions of the baby being "above the uterus"

• Options
    @jlemons-2 I'm so behind on this thread, but I have a similar situation! I just accepted a job at Costco. I did not say I was pregnant in the interviews and they did not ask. The interview was about 2 weeks ago though, and I start orientation tomorrow. I'm going to try to wear clothes that don't make it too obvious for next three days of orientation. I plan on telling them as soon as they give me my actual placement, which I assume will be after orientation. The store doesn't actually open until October 27th, until then we will selling memberships. I feel super shitty that I'll be leaving for a bit about 2 months after the store opens, but I wasn't going to get any paid time off at my other job, so I already had planned on only taking 4 weeks. I really hope they aren't too annoyed with me! I found their benifit plan online and it looks like I will be eligible for short term disability leave after 90 days. Or I guess the first day of the first month after 90 days? Either way, I should be eligible before my due date, which actually puts me in a better position then where I was at my other job! So did you go for the job @jlemons-2
  • Options
    Guys, I'm a cheer coach for a high school and with new rules we just had our competition team try outs after practicing all summer.  I cut four kids (three seniors) and I am sick to my stomach.  Normally I don't know the kids when we do cuts but I adore them and feel like such an asshole after working with them for months.  They are still on my sideline team but ugh.  My heart is broken.