August 2017 Moms
Options

Gestational Diabetes Thread

12345679»

Re: Gestational Diabetes Thread

• Options
    @shyviolet @bubblesmtu Happy Birthday!  What if you had a birthday treat in the afternoon as your snack?  You could even take a long walk afterwards just to counteract the sugar.  I think a treat once in a while isn't going to have much of an effect and they expect even an occasional testing number to be out of range.  I try to be as compliant as possible and make healthy choices when I'm out, but I've also had an occasional dessert and just don't go overboard.  I will space it out from a meal, try to have it in the middle of the day instead of evening and try to combine it with a walk.  My numbers have been good, I haven't needed to go on insulin, the baby isn't measuring big and my doctor is okay with an occasional treat or number outside of the normal range so I feel comfortable with a small treat.  I definitely wish I could indulge more, but most times I turn it down or find a better way to satisfy a craving.  It all depends on your comfort level though.  I hope you're both able to enjoy your birthday.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @bubblesmtu  Happy Birthday!  I hope you enjoyed your steak dinner and cheesecake.  I think I am going to BBQ steak and then figure out something to go with it.  I am so sick of planning all my meals it is hard to get excited about anything.
    @MetsGirl18  I will have a little treat.  I just wish I did not have to think about it and could just enjoy the day.  

I will be 39 weeks tomorrow so I do have some hope this baby arrives before my birthday.  DS came at 40+5 so I am not counting on it, but it is a possibility.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @shyviolet and @MetsGirl18! Steak and a mini cheesecake after was so delicious and my sugars were only at 107. 
  • Options
    DD arrived this weekend, so ice cream sandwiches for my birthday dessert today!  She was just under 7lbs and all her sugar tests were great.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    shyviolet said:
    DD arrived this weekend, so ice cream sandwiches for my birthday dessert today!  She was just under 7lbs and all her sugar tests were great.
    Yay!!!! Congrats @shyviolet!!! So happy for you and your family!!
  • Options
    shyviolet said:
    Congratulations!! That's wonderful news :)

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations @shyviolet!  So glad everything went well and you had the added bonus of being able to enjoy your birthday off the GD diet.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers