November 2017 Moms

Nursery Photos! Gotta Share 'em All!

Re: Nursery Photos! Gotta Share 'em All!

• Loading the player...
  • KMRR86KMRR86 member
    @dragonfly87-2 love it! I painted my dd's room sherwin-Williams Aquamint before she was born because I didn't want typical either. 
  • @dragonfly87-2 that is a really pretty color. In our old house we painted DDs room an aquarium color before finding out if she was a boy or a girl. I think Aqua is a very versatile color it pairs really pretty with pink or other blues and greens. Now at the new house both girls rooms are painted a Robin's egg blue. 
  • House settlement is 2/8 can't wait to get in and do the babies room . We thought the tennents might overlap till Feb but they asked if we minded the current owner release them from the lease which is ideal for us as we want to move in before baby arrives in Nov .
    We will do neutral warm greys accented in lime,  orange and aqua as I find these very neutral and colours I really enjoy. (Team green)
    We are set on a woodland  theme as most the animals we would use are Celtic sacred animals and are a fun way of introducing bub to the nature revrance of our belief . 
    Helps that mine and hubbies two guide animals are fox and bear 
    We are going to go with birch forest decals on one wall in a white or super pale grey on a medium grey wall with the rest of the room an in between tone .
    Unfortunately the cot I like comes in a dark brown near black stain or white and I never much liked white baby fun nature  and was hoping for a natural wood colour but none of the other cots seem to sway me so might end up with very dark fun nature or white but I think the theme will still work OK . 

@dragonfly87-2 love that jade tone 

• @sml1982 I think it looks just beautiful!
  • Thank you bklynchica!
  • @Kaleighwilliams1224 is that changing pad attached to the dresser in any way? I'd love to be able to just throw a pad on top of a dresser and be done with it. Does it have straps in the back or grips on the bottom?
  • @Kaleighwilliams1224 is that changing pad attached to the dresser in any way? I'd love to be able to just throw a pad on top of a dresser and be done with it. Does it have straps in the back or grips on the bottom?
    I don't know about her's, but the one I have has a strap that you attach to the back of the dresser. Voila - changing table! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @bklynchica changing pads like that come with a strap you can attach to the dresser, mine even have a buckle for the baby. 
  • bklynchica  right now the changing pad is just sitting on top of the dresser I thought about getting some velcro or something to make it a little bit more secure but the changing pad itself has straps to hold the baby. I plan to store the diapers and everything I need right beside it so that I don't have to leave the baby there alone

• I love seeing all of the "real live nurseries" instead of my pinterest dreams...lol.  We were hoping to move, but can't yet, so I am working on clearing out the second bedroom that serves as our closet, husband's office, and basically junk room!  Our room is so small, so we will have to continue using the bug closet in the nursery, but there is also a small closet.  It's already a huge project figuring out where to put everything!!!!!
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• *big closet, not bug...lol ew
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• bklynchicabklynchica member
    edited July 2017
    I'm really starting to freak out over twins in this one bedroom apt. A singleton would have been fine, but where will we put all the strollers? Yes, apparently you need a double stroller, and two single strollers for when you take them out separately. The car seats (we don't have a car, so they'll have to live in the apt unless my parents are driving), the twin z, and all their stuff. We have lived happily without a microwave for the last 4 years because our kitchen is so small. Need to find a place for that. Wish we had a cute nursery to decorate and put crap in!

Sorry this is complaining and not sharing. All your nurseries full of stuff get me thinking.
  • @bklynchica I wouldn't say you need two strollers. Stick with what you'll use on a weekly basis. Plus, if space is that much of an issue, get car seats that snap into strollers. Make sure you utilize space under your crib(s) and bed. Some twins share a crib, at least when they are tiny. Or you can do a PNP that folds up when they aren't sleeping. There are also foldable high chairs or ones you just attach to a table or strap to a chair. I wouldn't say you need two of everything either, and you'll get double use out of clothing. See what's available for free in your local Freecycle group.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @bklynchica Can the carseats stay with your parents since they'll be the ones using them? 
  • Definitely plan on them sharing a crib. I do want a stroller that car seats snap into so they need to stay with us, also in case we use them in someone else's car.
  • That's tough. I hope you get it all figured out. 

Here's a great compact high chair option. We keep one of these in our car for when we go out or to eat at friends. 

• Definitely plan on them sharing a crib. I do want a stroller that car seats snap into so they need to stay with us, also in case we use them in someone else's car.
    The snap and go stroller for the Chicco infant seat folds up very flat. I'd probably just use that as the stroller all the time and then buy a different one when you move the babies out of the infant seat. 

• Ok, sorry I have posted a few photos...but I would love some input. We have the crib and the rocker set up, and they are both cherry wood. 
    What do you ladies think about yellow as an accent color? Here are some potential items:

Gorgeous Home DIFFERENT SOLID COLORS  SIZES 72 1 PANEL SOLID THERMAL FOAM LINED BLACKOUT HEAVY THICK WINDOW CURTAIN DRAPES BRONZE GROMMETS BRIGHT YELLOW 84quot LENGTH
    Simple Designs LT2008-YLW Mini Ceramic Globe Table Lamp YellowParty Supplies - Lot Hot Air Balloon Paper Lantern Decoration Pom Poms Pompoms Decoration Wedding Birthday Party Nursery Decoration Parties Favor Party Decor 5Pcs12inch Yellow

• @dragonfly87-2 I absolutely love yellow as an accent color. Yellow is one of my favorite colors. It's a very bright and happy color! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dragonfly87-2
    lovvvve the yellow pop! I think it will look wonderful 
  • @dragonfly87-2 @NYTino24 our nursery is gonna be turquoise and yellow! We have cashew colored furniture and a cream colored glider. I love yellow so much! 
  • kalenpkalenp member
    @bklynchica There's always the possibility of baby wearing too-- you could wear one and push the other in a stroller as a way to cut down on having to buy stuff. If I lived in a big city, I think I'd go that route at least initially.  
    DS#1 3/13
    DS#2 3/15
    Baby #3~ 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• kalenp said:
    @bklynchica There's always the possibility of baby wearing too-- you could wear one and push the other in a stroller as a way to cut down on having to buy stuff. If I lived in a big city, I think I'd go that route at least initially.  
    Oh, we're getting all the baby wearing carriers, too. A twin one, and a single for me and single for DH. 
  • @bklynchica They make twin carriers?????!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • StephanieP79StephanieP79 member
    edited July 2017
    I love the teepee! I'm dying to get one but there's no way it will fit! @jkeeney2017
  • Thank you @stephanieP79 I had always seen them but when I searched online they were SO expensive. I found this one at hobby lobby for $100, but I used my 40% off coupon. So I only paid $60. They do take up quite a bit of room. But I'm so excited for her to play and read her books in it when she's older. 
  • MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited July 2017
    Ahhh. This morning DH tells me we should get the nursery ready. I'm excited he wants to do it but I can't decide on anything for a boy. I told DH that DDs room wasn't done until at least 30 weeks because I didn't move across country until 27 weeks, was trying to ease his mind. I don't mind getting on with the nursery though. I think we are doing a literary/woodland theme.  Think where the wild things are on the wall and hedgehogs and I bought a cute hungry caterpillar nightlight soother on prime day. 

@dragonfly87-2 I like the first picture of the jade, I looked it up and you're right, it's much lighter. I don't think DH will go for it. I found a jade pic on Pinterest and forgot to save it so it's lost forever. We want to do one accent wall and the other a neutral like a light grey or beige. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited July 2017
    @dragonfly87-2 Home Goods had these today. I held off because we haven't brought the crib home or bought dressers yet and don't know what wall space we will be working with.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @nytino24 thanks for the heads up. I will have to swing by and see if our store has them.