December 2017 Moms
Options

New findings about alcohol: even low amounts can influence baby's development

13»

Re: New findings about alcohol: even low amounts can influence baby's development

• Options
    @Katya1982  Thank you!  I think perhaps the original post linking to a BI article was misleading folks into thinking this was not a true peer-reviewed research study.  

The objective 3D facial scanning is a neat concept and it will be interesting to see how it may evolve and influence the early diagnosis of various syndromes.  A touch more conclusive than all those days in clinical work where as providers we glance at one another after a patient leaves, going "Did that kid seem funny-looking to you?"  :D
  • Options
    @Katya1982 Thanks a million for taking time to check your database and post the full study! It is really helpful. 

Glad someone appreciated Kundera's quote :wink:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally agree. I can't get over how mean people are on here. It's mind blowing. 
  • Options
    Yipes! My post said "part of the reason" regarding the vote, which -agree with me or not - I stand by, it was not an absolute statement....and I certainly didn't call women "catty" and am by no means promoting a trump-like attitude or saying men are better/perfect/without fault. My point was that women could stand to be more supportive of each other and we absolutely won't get things like equal pay unless we join our voices together. So far, the existing women's groups have not been able to accomplish that, so something is missing.....I know part of that something is white men joining together to demand women have equal pay. How we get that to happen is beyond me. 

Thank you to everyone who spun that around and turned it into a completely different statement - you kind of proved my point.

And to whoever thought that online didn't equal IRL: I work with at risk parents and hear them voice this fear over and over again as I urge them to seek community with other parents.....so yes, this is very real. 

Thank you to those that have posted some great information regarding research and how to identify good vs sketchy, as well as the fact that often we have to start with 'we did a small study and found something interesting, we should find out more'
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque Your explanation above makes sense! I was mostly joking just because I hate the current president so much and so desperately wanted the female candidate! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @PoeMasque thank youuuu
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
  • Options
    megheavesmegheaves member
    edited June 2017
    *TOU Violation*
  • Options
    vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited June 2017
    *Quoting TOU Violation*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    welp, sounds like her GBCB might be real this time if the BGs actually follow through as they SAY they will. not holding my breath. 

@flowerpower5838  haha i seriously can't stop laughing at that gif!

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Damnit, I missed what she said to me because it was removed! This is what happens when I don't Bump in a timely manner. Can somebody PM me or something?
    Angela

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @angetralala Messaged you!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared thank you! Got it.
    @kvacmak could it be?! I feel honored to have gotten the ball rolling.
    Now that I know what she said, I think TB powers-that-be are still warning-happy. Mega-boring! And obviously somebody is salty for all the wrong reasons.
    Angela

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Geez the neverending post just got amped up some more.  :o
    Pregnancy Ticker