Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread for Week of 6/26

Re: Newbie Intro Thread for Week of 6/26

• All this crafting talk has inspired me. I'm going to hit up the knitting store in town soon and pick up some supplies and see if I can get started knitting again!
  • I feel like we have a lot of crochet ladies - I keep saying I'll learn, but then I just stick to knitting 
  • Loading the player...
  • zwink1zwink1 member
    @looeeze, I feel like the biggest hurdle for crocheters who are learning to know is figuring out how to hold the yarn! Despitr the fact that im normally right handed, I actually knit left handed because I could never get the hang of holding the yarn in my right hand. 

We could always start a project exchange thread (rather than clogging up the newbie intros, lol)!
  • mirizzi&Amirizzi&A member
    edited June 2017

@fishsticks-n-custard  Still a resident! The training just never ends! (General surgery.)
  • Ages (you and SO): 30 & 32

How many months have you been TTC? This is our second cycle, but my cycles are irregular AF so it's been closer to 3 months (and still no O in sight on CD31).  I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago, and unless my last pregnancy cleared it up I assume I still have it.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? I've been temping for the past 6-7 months to predict AF and now to confirm O, tracking CP & CM (although I never really know what to record), just started OPKs this week b/c I'm getting impatient with my long cycle and unreliable cervical signs

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)  DH and I have a 1yo son and are trying for #2.  I wish I had hobbies, but I work full-time so they're hard to fit in these days.  I used to enjoy aerials class and tolerated Pure Barre.  I love to travel but haven't made it out of the US in the past few years :(

• @nanilani04 Welcome! It's great that you are doing so much to pinpoint your fertile window. You may already know this, but many women with PCOS have difficulty with OPKs. Still give them a whirl, but just keep that in mind if you are having trouble turning one :)
  • izza2izza2 member
    edited June 2017
    @beanship - Please come pack my lunch for me, thanks. :smile:
    But really, I applaud anyone who can pack their lunches like that every day. I'm usually okay for like 2-3 days, but after that I lose ambition, even if it's the most delicious lunch ever.

@nanilani04 - If you're having some trouble with CM and CP, Fertility Friend has some great guides on tracking (everything)!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2  I've read (and re-read) the FF info, but sometimes I'm just not sure how to categorize things!  It'll come with practice, I guess.  Thanks for the advice!
  • @beanship That box is too cute! have you had any luck finding non plastic ones yet?  I will keep an eye out for you! Does that keep you full until dinner? 
    @hedgehoglady I also want to see a hedgehog pic. Do you cuddle them? 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• looeezelooeeze member
    edited June 2017
    @nanilani04 Welcome! From what I undersand (I'm still sort of learning the ropes myself) it's common practice to give TWs before mention of other kids just to be on the safe side, but it's fine to mention them every once in awhile. There's also a TFAS (trying for a second) thread that you can join. 

Mostly, people will just appreciate your willingness to understand the culture. :)
  • @looeeze: Thanks, I'll check it out when I have the time.
  • @nanilani04 The fact that you realized that your comment could be seen in a particular way shows that you are understanding the board culture and respecting our members. We all wish we could have an ideal "window" for pregnancy; early in the journey, I had hoped I'd be giving birth right now during summer break. Hopefully all the tools will help you to conceive during the ideal time!
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Hi all! I'm new here but this looks like a great community so I'm excited to join. 

Ages (you and SO): 33 & 32

How many months have you been TTC? We are just getting started  

What are you doing to get knocked up? Nothing in particular yet. We are just dipping our toes in the ttc pool. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have two kids, 8 and 2, two dogs, and a cat. Am an artist by hobby and profession. It's not very good money but I make enough to be able to stay home with my kids. I'm also pretty outdoorsy. I love to camp, hike, kayak. And I'm currently working on my fitness because I REALLY want to learn to rock climb. 

As far as TTC I'm thrilled and excited to be here. We thought we'd be done with two kids but every time, over the last year, we'd start talking about my husband getting snipped we just couldn't be done. Unfortunately with my last pregnancy I had severe hyperemesis so as excited as I am we are pretty cautious. 

• @zwink1 @looeeze @Sailing_Mama @beanship (and others who I missed) I don't crochet or knit, but I do sew, and I think an occasional project exchange thread would be fun!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgepig I agree!
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• zwink1zwink1 member
    @hedgepig & @mamasaurus12415 Alright, I'll throw a thread up. I always like getting ideas for what other people are working on, and if anyone is looking for something specific maybe we can help each other out!
  • zwink1zwink1 member
    edited June 2017
    **Edit: sorry, ignore me, somehow this ended up in the wrong thread. I'll see myself out now.**
  • @beanship OMG did you get like the $100 Clover set? I begged MH for those at one point. He said no. I'm fairly certain I've spent at least $100 on different sets of circular needles since then.
    DD 6/9/15

• You are all making me feel so guilty about the enormous bin I have sitting in my living room with all the yarn and needles that I have not touched in ages. Looking up patterns.....starting now!
  • purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited June 2017
    @mamasaurus12415 I got these because the description said you don't have to screw the needles on the ends and tighten them. I'm so excited I've decided to start knitting again. **TW death mentioned** My aunt who I used to knit with passed away several years ago (which is why I stopped). I should've picked it back up before now (DH has suggested it before) but I just haven't felt enthusiastic about it until now. Now I've got in it my head that knitting again might be a neat way to kind of "honor" her. 

ETA: DH uses my Amazon Prime and will prob be really unhappy when he sees this purchase. But he's shopping for road bikes right now (and I looked at the prices on those and am NOT HAPPY no no no), so....

• leedaaleedaa member
    @leedaa Welcome! What kinds of plants do you grow in your garden? Flowers? Veggies?
    Thanks for the welcome! And everything, honestly. Sunflowers and wildflowers and nasturtiums fight for space with green beans and broccoli, lettuce and tomatoes.... It's not that big of a garden but I love it. I'm hoping my LO and husband will be more interested in eating veggies that they've seen growing :wink:
  • @DumbledoresArmy *TW* I'm still breastfeeding too! 18 month old here. *end TW* Welcome back and I hope your stay here is short. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• kmallskmalls member
    @DumbledoresArmy I remember your screen name so clearly from last time on TTGP! I don't think we interacted much, but my daughter is 8 months so we were def here the same time. Glad to see you back! 
  • edited June 2017
    @DumbledoresArmy Welcome!  Love the SN!
    ETA:  We have a TFAS (Trying for a Sibling) Check In you should join!
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @beanship I think that would be a lovely way to honor your Aunt. <3
    DD 6/9/15

• @UAallison83  
    @izza2
    and others, may I join this wine group tooo. I'm in Canada, our wine is getting there but it's no US equivalent. Let's trade bottles
  • @ella26 welcome! I love to run as well.  Are you training for anything specific? 
  • @ella26 Hi! I'm brand new on here, and I hear you on the age anxiety! I'm also 36 and my husband is 37. Also a professor as well.
  • @ella26 and @darkstar42 joining the 36 club too. It's my first so loads of anxiety with it. Welcome! :)
  • @nitnat007 My first as well! Perhaps I was naive, but I didn't expect ttc to be this anxiety-inducing! Glad to have found this board for support.
  • @darkstar42 Right?! Absolutely with you. it is really helpful to know that we are not alone and that there are people who will totally get our special kind of crazy.