Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread for Week of 6/26

looeezelooeeze member
edited June 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board. It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Welcome aboard!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie Intro Thread for Week of 6/26

• @beanship I'm new around here too, but I wanted to say welcome! I read your intro on the IF thread and it seems like we have a lot in common regarding PCOS. Looking forward to getting to know you.  :)
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• Loading the player...
  • @mamasaurus12415 Likewise! Although, of course, I hate that you're in the same crappy "club" as me. 
  • @beanship Ugh I know. It's a loathsome thing. We'll get through it though.  <3
    DD 6/9/15

• @beanship
    Hi and welcome! I'm also a beginning rock climber! What kind of classes are you taking? Gym climbing or sport/trad?
  • purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited June 2017
    @msmeeseeks Gym climbing. I know nothing about climbing other than that I had a blast last month scrambling around on some rocks on our last hike, so I'm going to start out slow and learn the basics. (In other words, I'm a complete and total newbie.) They're supposed to get back to me this week with times they can train me. I just really loved the problem-solving aspect combined with the physical aspect - where should my foot go next? When we were hiking, DH was like "maybe we should turn back?" And I was scrambling up that slope like a mountain goat and showing him the path to take haha. The terrain was a steep slope with plants mixed in with lots of rocks and larger boulders. So who knows if I can do real climbing where a lot of upper body strength is probably required. I just had so much fun climbing on those boulders, I figure I should try it out and see if it's for me. What kind of climbing do you do? How long have you been doing it?
  • @beanship - Sounds like it was a fun hike! I'm also gym climbing. Eventually I would like to do some sport climbing outdoors, as in someone has already placed the anchors, but I'm definitely not there yet. I have a long way to go before I can lead climb! I've wanted to get serious about climbing for a while, but I've only been at it for about a month. I'm pretty obsessed right now!
  • @msmeeseeks It was really fun!  I don't know anyone else who climbs (apart from this extremely buff male trainer at my gym), and DH refuses to do it with me, so I'm excited to have a Bump climbing buddy! Hopefully I'll have as much fun on a rock wall as I did on that hike. 
  • Hey @mirizzi&A. First, welcome! Second, you should join us in TFAS! Third, I have to admit I was post stalking you to figure out how old your toddler was (*TW* My kiddo is almost 18 months) and I saw your (really) old post about the mirena. Which interested me so I read the thread. All that to say, I'm guessing you're probably not a resident anymore, but I was wondering what field you were in. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @UAallison83 Welcome! Your job sounds awesome! 
    @darkstar42 I too am a huge Dr. Who fan!!! Who is your favorite doctor?  Mine is David Tennant but I am fond of Matt Smith as well. 
    @bear719 Welcome! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @beanship Welcome. I'm still fairly new myself. What did you do to lose weight? I'm on Weight Watchers right now but I've only been on it for a few weeks. 

• @muggle621 David Tennant is my favorite as well! I'm enjoying Peter Capaldi quite bit as well though.

• Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

edited June 2017
    @muggle621 Hi!! I counted calories and macros (and counted and counted) on MyFitnessPal. I gave up most sweets (except for a once-a-week treat), when I used to be a very heavy sweet eater. I swear, I craved sugar so much I used to eat "dessert" after breakfast. I switched from eating a lot of processed foods to more whole, natural foods. I weigh a lot of food quantities on a food scale because it's more accurate. I also tried to increase my protein intake relative to my carbs (not a totally high protein diet, just cut slightly back on the carbs and increased my protein slightly, and all my carbs are whole grains). I also try to eat smaller meals more frequently. For "lunch" I pack a large bento box full of lean protein, fruits and veggies that is really two small meals in one: one for around noon, one for around 3. I also weight train 2x a week, do yoga 1-2x per week, walk 5 days a week, and go on hiking trips with DH. I like having non-weight loss fitness goals (like a more challenging hike or learning to rock climb or learning a new yoga pose) because I feel like it's better for me mentally. I also started taking Metformin, which KILLED my appetite for a couple of months and gave me a bit of a head start. Not sure how it's affected my weight loss otherwise. 
  • Thank you for the information - I am desperate to lose about 30 pounds as I gained it really fast due to coming off Adderall. I am doing some of the same things such as reducing sugar (I feel you on the sweets habit! ) and eating more whole food. I think I may steal your lunch routine; I especially like your eating around 3 idea. Rock climbing seems awesome but I'm scared of heights! They are building a rock climbing gym which will open in the fall here but I may be too chicken to check it out  -however I DO like alternatives than just going to a gym like you so we will see!  Thanks again for sharing! I hope the Metaformin works for you! 

•   @muggle621 I forgot to add that I used a fitbit until I got my Apple Watch. Now I use the Apple Watch to help track my calories etc on MyFitnessPal and to track my activity.
  • @bear719 --welcome! I grew up with Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.  My aunt is a breeder.  They are the sweetest dogs!
  • Hi @hedgehoglady, welcome! pls post pics of your hedgehogs??  <3 

ETA: that came out a little awkward, but I'm just so excited about hedgehogs 
    This. Must see hedgehogs!!! 
  • zwink1zwink1 member
    Welcome @hedgehoglady!!! - I third the picture request!  We used to have a hedgehog. They're so stinkin cute. 

I knit and crochet if you want any tips/have any questions/want someone to commiserate with when the frustration kicks in!

• @hedgehoglady Welcome! Pictures of hedgehogs would be awesome! I also wanted to second what @zwink1 said, about knitting and crocheting. I knit way more than I crochet, so if you ever have any questions about knitting I'd be happy to help you!
    DD 6/9/15

• @hedgehoglady +1 for pictures. I need them. Also, welcome! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgehoglady @zwink1 @mamasaurus12415 I used to knit YEARS ago with my aunt but I've been thinking about picking it back up!
  • @beanship You totally should! I love doing it for so many reasons, but mostly because it gives me something to really focus on and you get something soft and cuddly out of it at the end.  :)
    DD 6/9/15

• @leedaa Welcome! What kinds of plants do you grow in your garden? Flowers? Veggies?
    DD 6/9/15

edited June 2017
    @muggle621 If you're still interested in how I pack my lunches that I eat for multiple mini-meals, here's an example of my typical lunch in the spoiler. Grilled BBQ chicken, cabbage salad with almonds, strawberries, some organic cheese, and a tiny bit of organic trail mix. I'll prob eat the trail mix at around 10, some of the other food around noon, and the rest of it around 3. Side note: I'm having trouble with the idea of giving up this plastic bento box along with the rest of my plastic. I really like it.  :(

• @hedgehoglady and others who work with yarn - I crochet (but don't knit) and would be happy to offer crochet tips and answer questions if I can! I agree with @mamasaurus12415 that it's a great way to focus and de-stress.
  • I am with @drakstar I prefer to crotchet too. It is a fantastic hobby. (also works with keeping your hands busy and away from the cookie jar lol)
  • Seasoned crocheter here too! But don't ask me anything about knitting cause I can't seem to get the hang of it. 
    Anyone have any favorite patterns they'd like to share?