Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday 6/28

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday 6/28

• Loading the player...
  • Me and DH moved in together two months after our first date, but we waited a year to get married. We just celebrated our one year wedding anniversary, so so far, so good. 

But I also think we're a little crazy and took a huge risk with the way we did things. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• vflux33vflux33 member
    edited June 2017
    @kmalls Yeah I think time before engagement is less of a thing if you have a year of wedding planning and/or you're 30+. MH and I moved in together right away--I was 19 and he was 22. We waited 6-7 years to get engaged, but of course we did--I was 19! If I had met him at 35, I'm sure we wouldn't have waited that long.

We can't control when we meet the person we want to take that step with. We CAN, however, control how we present our relationships on social media, and we CAN be respectful of kids from prior marriages (for those who have them) and allow them to get used to things first. It would have cost my sister and BIL NOTHING to wait another 6 months or year. Now the kids are all used to him and if there's another divorce (which there might be) it's going to be very distressing to at least one of them, if not both. 
  • Just as an alternative, my parents met at age 20, dated for 10 years before getting married, were married for 10 years before trying to have kids (just me), separated 10 years after that, and they divorced 10 years after that. So a slow burn doesn't spell success more than a fast one! Lol 
  • Also these are the only appropriate social media posts, in my opinion:

1) simple, informative, to the point
    2) infused with humor and self awareness 
    3) customer support complaint directed at brands/companies and then deleted once the brand/company fixes the issue 
    4) ....I can't think of a 4th 

• @mamasaurus12415 Sorry YH didn't stay home with you. Sometimes men are just clueless! *creepy hugs*