Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday 6/28

kiki75kiki75 member
edited June 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
anger GIF

I missed the TW Tuesday that was already up. We'll just save this one for Wednesday. :)

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: WTF Wednesday 6/28

• I think this might be a repeat.... could we do a take me back Tuesday?? 
  • purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited June 2017
    I'll kick off WTF Wednesday with something pretty tame but pretty annoying. We have 1 shower, and DH spends literally 30 min in it every morning (and wakes up before me). And he uses one of those shampoo+conditioners. (So shouldn't that save him time?) And he bizarrely turns the water off mid-shower when he lathers up with soap so that the water doesn't wash the soap off before he's done lathering. I just do not understand any of this. It's on my mind right now because guess where DH is? 
  • Loading the player...
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @beanship I mean I get turning the water off while soaping up to conserve water, but uh... wouldn't that make a person shower faster? Maybe y'all need to start doubling up. ;)

TTC since Feb 2016
  • I mean when I first noticed it I asked if he was trying to conserve water but, nope, he doesn't care about the water. He cares about his soap bubbles.  :D And if we doubled up, neither of us would ever get to work on time!  ;):D
  • @beanship MH does that too--he said t's because he spaces out in the shower. He calls it his "argument simulator". Funny thing is he is really big on water conservation (we collect the water that is heating up for the shower in buckets and reuse it), but seems to always "forget" when he's in there. 
  • @vflux33 Haha I tend to space out in the shower as well! I like your H's name for it. 

Possible TW?* My WTF is I do not get people who go out of their way to run over an animal in the road! I've seen it happen before and then this morning there was a crushed turtle in a spot that someone had clearly purposefully driven to just to run over it (or they're a horrible horrible driver). Seriously though, who does that?! 
  • WTF to DH leaving the green bin open last night, and the raccoons having midnight snacks on the back deck. Loved cleaning that up at 5 am 

@BusinessWife Good luck with those bats! ugh....

• leedaaleedaa member
    Frustrated at having almost every pregnancy symptom I can think of, but no positive tests to show for it :P And then trying to act 'normal' instead of moody/exhausted/nauseated all day. Also: mice in the pantry. Which doesn't help my stomach.
  • @SkilledSailor That's horrible! I can't believe there are people in the world that can do that. I brake for all of the animals.
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• @SkilledSailor that makes me so sad! Why are people so cruel and mean? Especially to the little furry friends?!
  • @pebbledam lol ok, all the furry, bug eyed, small and just generally cute and innocent friends?
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    I hit a skunk on accident once and I still feel terrible. It was kind of dark (4:45 am or so) and it looked like a plastic bag or other non-animal debris in the road. Oddly for that hour, there was oncoming traffic (and basically no shoulder). At the last second it started moving, like the turtles in Super Mario when they're going to come back and their little feet start to wiggle. By the time it moved, my only choice was to center it or take evasive measures that would have caused a wreck.  :'( I was so upset. Then on the way home during my break that day, I hit a freaking bird. Then when I opened the stove to heat up my lunch, a moth flew in, directly into the element and roasted himself. It wasn't a good day for critters in my vicinity. I was super upset.

TTC since Feb 2016
    edited June 2017
    @BusinessWife Omg my BFF had a bat come into the main part of her house, and she had to get an exterminator to come remove it. We named it Batley after the bat from Eureka's Castle (please tell me someone else remembers that show?)

@SkilledSailor Ok serious WTF. I've never seen that, but that's just horrible!!

@nitnat007 I feel you on the raccoons. They roll three deep like thugs up to our peach tree and leave half-eaten peaches EVERYWHERE 
  • @beanship and @vflux33 Mine takes stupidly long showers too! As in, I shower faster even when I have to shave my legs!

@BusinessWife Ugh - what are you going to do about the bats?

@SkilledSailor and @pebbledam (TW) We accidentally hit a small bird last weekend - both of us felt awful, especially we we saw the feathers still stuck in the front grill :( I can't imagine doing that on purpose. (end TW)

• @Sailing_Mama ugh.  I guess we are going to pick a plan for a bathouse for DH to build this weekend.  Then call the landlord to let him know what's going on and see what he says. (PS he totally knows they are there bc he pointed it out when we first looked at the house, but he made it sound like they <i>used</i> to be there, not like they actively live there and it's their house, too! lol. So we just cleaned it up when we moved in and thought that would be the end of it.) Hoping he will cooperate with trying to get a professional in to help remove them/seal up the attic but.... we'll have to see how that part goes. :/  I'm guessing he's not going to want to hear it.  But idgaf bc THEY CAN NOT STAY!!!!  :s
  • @doxiemoxie212 The feeling of soap creeps him out... that's rather odd haha
    edited June 2017
    @BusinessWife I present to you Batley the bat:  (ETA idk why he has a butterfly net...)
  • @BusinessWife when I was 16 my cat caught a bat, dragged it inside through the cat door and set it loose in the kitchen. Twice. WORST THING EVER! I don't envy you. (Also, I thought you wrote bath house at first and was confused...)
  • @doxiemoxie212 My cats brought two garden snakes INSIDE MY HOUSE a year and a half ago. One was on my freaking dining room table. I seriously considered burning the house down. The cats weren't allowed out after this incident.
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• @beanship That is annoying but I guess everyone has their weird thing. Does he a least save you some hot water? 
    @BusinessWife I hope your landlord helps with your bat problem! We had one get in the house from the chimney one time BUT that's only because the flue (sp?) wasn't closed. 
    @Sailing_Mama  People can be terrible sometimes. I've almost run my car off the road avoiding birds and turtles. 
    @icecubeinthedesert Ugh yeast infections are the worst. Hope it clears up soon. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @muggle621 Yes, fortunately. Our house came with this ginormous, turbo-powered (ok it's gas powered) water heater that I think could kill someone with the amount and temperature of hot water it puts out. 
  • @jsnakehole Where are you teaching?  End of June is soooo late for school to be finishing.  And what do you teach?
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts  I sometimes don't know how DH and my SIL came from the same family.  Also I should mention she is like 33 and lives with her parents/my in-laws.  And is on probation.  But these are stories for another day.
  • @kmalls Damn gurl.  You move fast.   ;)  And I'm totally not knocking couples who know right away.  But she has done this "I'm so in love after 3 weeks" with like 4 guys since I've known her.  So... maybe it will work out?  Or maybe I just get irrationally ragey at mushy social media?