August 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: Ice Cream!

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

With so many of us listing ice cream as our cravings, tell us what is your favorite BRAND and FLAVOR?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: GTKY: Ice Cream!

• Options
    Breyers mint chocolate chip 
  • Options
    I'm so boring but my favorite is a soft serve vanilla on a cake cone. 

Second favorite is Turkey Hill cookie dough. The ice cream isn't vanilla like other brands, it's a molasses brown sugar flavor. Soooo good
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it sounds crazy but the Great Value generic WalMart brand has the creamiest yummiest ice cream! I go for creamy/milky and less sweet. I'm a plain chocolate lover! I usually mix in some milk and make it a milkshake yummmm.
  • Options
    Tillamook cookie dough is so good, but sometimes I get a wild hair and get whatever brand has peppermint. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I am a soft serve vanilla girl too, or Breyers vanilla and I make a sundae. Fudge, peanuts, whipped cream, YUM! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    In Maine there is an Ice Cream stand, called Giffords.  You can get it in some grocery stores around New England.  They have the worlds best cookie dough ice cream.  When I was a kid, my favorite was their bubblegum! I cant wait for my shower, becuase its in Maine, and I plan to have it a few times! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Breyers Natural Vanilla (the super white kind with vanilla flecks) is the most delicious.

I'm also a fan of mint chocolate chip, rocky road, strawberry, and butter pecan.

My pregnancy ice cream craving has been SweetBerries (a restaurant/frozen custard place) custard with raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and cookie dough. Silly delicious and now I need some.
  • Options
    Edys makes a flavor called French Silk... definitely my absolute favorite! 

I also love cookie dough,  cookies and cream, and Neapolitan.  Eh who am I kidding.... I would eat any flavor ice cream!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip <3

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Does "anything and everything" count?

I'm partial to gelato, actually. Chocolate. Anything with chocolate. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, and my local grocery store does not carry many dairy-free options that aren't plain vanilla or rainbow sherbet. Sometimes I'll get lucky and they will have Lactaid's Berry Chocolate Crumble. YUM!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    Chocolate chip or the Italian version, stracciatella gelato. I really like Blue Bunny Chunk Chocolate Chip and Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Chocolate Chip. 
  • Options
    No specific brand, but I adore black raspberry ice cream. Haagen Dazs vanilla bean is another go-to as well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bluebell Coffee mmmmmmmm.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I don't know if I have a favorite. I prefer ice cream that has chunks of something such as nuts, caramel, berries. I'm not as much a fan of smooth ice cream. 

Homemade ice cream is my favorite verses a brand. My family makes it often because I grew up on a dairy farm. Lately we just make it at major holidays. It's not as good leftover as it is fresh that day.
  • Options
    There's an ice cream stand in western PA called Bruster's. I love their Graham Central Station. It's graham cracker ice cream with chocolate flakes and pieces of graham cracker mixed in. 

I love everything from Kilwin's too but only get that once every few years when we go to Florida. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    This isn't technically ice-cream but I for sure had 4 otter pops before I even got to work today. 

I think they are called different things in different places...
  • Options
    OTmom3OTmom3 member
    Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Options
    @pinkyswife Never heard of those! Is it like a popsicle?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 I could eat these all day....evvvver day. 
  • Options
    @secicc12 @pinkyswife I bought these things called Zipzicles which are essentially the otter pop casing with a ziploc top. I fill them with lemonade, stick them upright in the freezer in like a solo cup and make my own! Soooo good!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I bow down to you...that sounds amazing! 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Don't like fruit ice cream but otherwise.. yes please I'll have some ice cream 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mint chocolate chip!
    Also love Ben and Jerry's Phish Food!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love any brand strawberry cheesecake :) and Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream it is life! When craving vanilla ice cream i like getting kemps DH family got me hooked on that brand for vanilla oh so good! Now I want ice cream 
  • Options
    The best/most unique ice cream I've ever had was at a place in the Portland, OR area called Salt & Straw. It was Pear & Blue Cheese and was AMAZING!

My everyday ice cream has to have lots of stuff in it. I agree with @Kathryn0903 on B&Js Phish Food but hate spending that much. Cow Tracks from Kemps is pretty yummy. But I just love almost all ice cream. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @Kathryn0903 Phish Food is my favorite!!!
  • Options
    @bumpybump Salt & Straws pear and bleu cheese ice cream is amazing! It was so light and creamy! Not what I expected at all.

We have a local place called Ice Cream Renaissance and I love to pair one scoop of their Bittersweet Chocolate Love Affair with a scoop of their Coconut Luau (summer only)...mmm

When I visited a friend in Ohio I fell in love with Graeters Black Raspberry Chip...I think of it quite often (occasionally can find it at the QFC here in a pint but it's not the same) 
  • Options
    @JCPSand2B sounds like we like the same stuff. Graeters does have some great ice cream too. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    There's this one-off shop in my town called Sweet Republic. I love ice cream but they have a basil lime sorbet that is amazing! Sounds weird but it's so so yummy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with @BlackNYellow on Bruster's ice cream. They usually have a daily cheesecake ice cream flavor (New York style, blueberry, chocolate, etc), and that's what I get, but really I'm just pretending it's regular cheesecake. I'm not a huge ice cream fan. I buy Beyers or Blue Bunny at the store for the kids. 
  • Options
    For store bought ice cream, I love Ben and Jerry's Everything But The.  I can't have it in the house or I'll go through it way too quickly.  B&J's Milk and Cookies is really good too.  As far as local places, I generally go for any ice cream with peanut butter in it.  As much as I love ice cream, I would rather go to the frozen yogurt chain by me and fill my own cup with multiple flavors and toppings.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    what sounds so good right now is a zombie unicorn :) which is vanilla ice cream, marshmallow cream and fruity pebbles which is found at Zombie Burgers here in DSM, IA 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SpotConlon Yay for Tillamook Ice Cream!  I was born and raised in Oregon and now I live in Massachusetts and I can't get it here.  Tillamook Mudslide is my absolute favorite ice cream and every time I go back to Oregon to visit my family, I always buy so much of it and binge on it the whole time.

Edit...Uh this comment posted under a different screen name than I use and I can't delete it, I'm sorry!
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @SpotConlon Yay for Tillamook Ice Cream!  I was born and raised in Oregon and now I live in Massachusetts and I can't get it here.  Tillamook Mudslide is my absolute favorite ice cream and every time I go back to Oregon to visit my family, I always buy so much of it and binge on it the whole time.

Edit...Uh this comment posted under a different screen name than I use and I can't delete it, I'm sorry!
    So what username was this supposed to be under..?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    Marble Slab - Rocky Road
    Baskin Robbins - Pistachio
    For when I DONT want to get sick...Ben & Jerry's - Chocolate brownie non-dairy
    <3
  • Options
    OTmom3OTmom3 member
    Does anyone live in the Seattle area? My husband's cousin owns an amazing ice cream shop called Parfait.
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Options
    @OTmom3 I live close to Seattle. I might need to take a trip to the city. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Whoever you are, you have great taste in ice cream. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Blue Bell! And either mint cocolate chip or cookies and cream.