August 2017 Moms

GTKY: Ice Cream!

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

With so many of us listing ice cream as our cravings, tell us what is your favorite BRAND and FLAVOR?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: GTKY: Ice Cream!

• Breyers mint chocolate chip 
  • I'm so boring but my favorite is a soft serve vanilla on a cake cone. 

Second favorite is Turkey Hill cookie dough. The ice cream isn't vanilla like other brands, it's a molasses brown sugar flavor. Soooo good
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it sounds crazy but the Great Value generic WalMart brand has the creamiest yummiest ice cream! I go for creamy/milky and less sweet. I'm a plain chocolate lover! I usually mix in some milk and make it a milkshake yummmm.
  • Tillamook cookie dough is so good, but sometimes I get a wild hair and get whatever brand has peppermint. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited June 2017
    I am a soft serve vanilla girl too, or Breyers vanilla and I make a sundae. Fudge, peanuts, whipped cream, YUM! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • In Maine there is an Ice Cream stand, called Giffords.  You can get it in some grocery stores around New England.  They have the worlds best cookie dough ice cream.  When I was a kid, my favorite was their bubblegum! I cant wait for my shower, becuase its in Maine, and I plan to have it a few times! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Breyers Natural Vanilla (the super white kind with vanilla flecks) is the most delicious.

I'm also a fan of mint chocolate chip, rocky road, strawberry, and butter pecan.

My pregnancy ice cream craving has been SweetBerries (a restaurant/frozen custard place) custard with raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and cookie dough. Silly delicious and now I need some.
  • Edys makes a flavor called French Silk... definitely my absolute favorite! 

I also love cookie dough,  cookies and cream, and Neapolitan.  Eh who am I kidding.... I would eat any flavor ice cream!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip <3

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does "anything and everything" count?

I'm partial to gelato, actually. Chocolate. Anything with chocolate. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm lactose intolerant, and my local grocery store does not carry many dairy-free options that aren't plain vanilla or rainbow sherbet. Sometimes I'll get lucky and they will have Lactaid's Berry Chocolate Crumble. YUM!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • lewlivlewliv member
    Chocolate chip or the Italian version, stracciatella gelato. I really like Blue Bunny Chunk Chocolate Chip and Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Chocolate Chip. 
  • No specific brand, but I adore black raspberry ice cream. Haagen Dazs vanilla bean is another go-to as well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bluebell Coffee mmmmmmmm.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • I don't know if I have a favorite. I prefer ice cream that has chunks of something such as nuts, caramel, berries. I'm not as much a fan of smooth ice cream. 

Homemade ice cream is my favorite verses a brand. My family makes it often because I grew up on a dairy farm. Lately we just make it at major holidays. It's not as good leftover as it is fresh that day.
  • There's an ice cream stand in western PA called Bruster's. I love their Graham Central Station. It's graham cracker ice cream with chocolate flakes and pieces of graham cracker mixed in. 

I love everything from Kilwin's too but only get that once every few years when we go to Florida. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• This isn't technically ice-cream but I for sure had 4 otter pops before I even got to work today. 

I think they are called different things in different places...
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• @pinkyswife Never heard of those! Is it like a popsicle?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 I could eat these all day....evvvver day. 
  • @secicc12 @pinkyswife I bought these things called Zipzicles which are essentially the otter pop casing with a ziploc top. I fill them with lemonade, stick them upright in the freezer in like a solo cup and make my own! Soooo good!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 I bow down to you...that sounds amazing! 
  • NxyNxy member
    Don't like fruit ice cream but otherwise.. yes please I'll have some ice cream 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mint chocolate chip!
    Also love Ben and Jerry's Phish Food!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love any brand strawberry cheesecake :) and Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream it is life! When craving vanilla ice cream i like getting kemps DH family got me hooked on that brand for vanilla oh so good! Now I want ice cream 
  • The best/most unique ice cream I've ever had was at a place in the Portland, OR area called Salt & Straw. It was Pear & Blue Cheese and was AMAZING!

My everyday ice cream has to have lots of stuff in it. I agree with @Kathryn0903 on B&Js Phish Food but hate spending that much. Cow Tracks from Kemps is pretty yummy. But I just love almost all ice cream. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• tova24tova24 member
    @Kathryn0903 Phish Food is my favorite!!!
  • @bumpybump Salt & Straws pear and bleu cheese ice cream is amazing! It was so light and creamy! Not what I expected at all.

We have a local place called Ice Cream Renaissance and I love to pair one scoop of their Bittersweet Chocolate Love Affair with a scoop of their Coconut Luau (summer only)...mmm

When I visited a friend in Ohio I fell in love with Graeters Black Raspberry Chip...I think of it quite often (occasionally can find it at the QFC here in a pint but it's not the same) 
  • @JCPSand2B sounds like we like the same stuff. Graeters does have some great ice cream too. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• There's this one-off shop in my town called Sweet Republic. I love ice cream but they have a basil lime sorbet that is amazing! Sounds weird but it's so so yummy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm with @BlackNYellow on Bruster's ice cream. They usually have a daily cheesecake ice cream flavor (New York style, blueberry, chocolate, etc), and that's what I get, but really I'm just pretending it's regular cheesecake. I'm not a huge ice cream fan. I buy Beyers or Blue Bunny at the store for the kids. 
  • For store bought ice cream, I love Ben and Jerry's Everything But The.  I can't have it in the house or I'll go through it way too quickly.  B&J's Milk and Cookies is really good too.  As far as local places, I generally go for any ice cream with peanut butter in it.  As much as I love ice cream, I would rather go to the frozen yogurt chain by me and fill my own cup with multiple flavors and toppings.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • what sounds so good right now is a zombie unicorn :) which is vanilla ice cream, marshmallow cream and fruity pebbles which is found at Zombie Burgers here in DSM, IA 
  • edited June 2017
    @SpotConlon Yay for Tillamook Ice Cream!  I was born and raised in Oregon and now I live in Massachusetts and I can't get it here.  Tillamook Mudslide is my absolute favorite ice cream and every time I go back to Oregon to visit my family, I always buy so much of it and binge on it the whole time.

Edit...Uh this comment posted under a different screen name than I use and I can't delete it, I'm sorry!
  • NxyNxy member
    @SpotConlon Yay for Tillamook Ice Cream!  I was born and raised in Oregon and now I live in Massachusetts and I can't get it here.  Tillamook Mudslide is my absolute favorite ice cream and every time I go back to Oregon to visit my family, I always buy so much of it and binge on it the whole time.

Edit...Uh this comment posted under a different screen name than I use and I can't delete it, I'm sorry!
    So what username was this supposed to be under..?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    Marble Slab - Rocky Road
    Baskin Robbins - Pistachio
    For when I DONT want to get sick...Ben & Jerry's - Chocolate brownie non-dairy
    <3
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    Does anyone live in the Seattle area? My husband's cousin owns an amazing ice cream shop called Parfait.
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• @OTmom3 I live close to Seattle. I might need to take a trip to the city. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SpotConlon Yay for Tillamook Ice Cream!  I was born and raised in Oregon and now I live in Massachusetts and I can't get it here.  Tillamook Mudslide is my absolute favorite ice cream and every time I go back to Oregon to visit my family, I always buy so much of it and binge on it the whole time.

Whoever you are, you have great taste in ice cream. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Blue Bell! And either mint cocolate chip or cookies and cream.