October 2017 Moms
Options

Random Chats (6.12.17)

Re: Random Chats (6.12.17)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @carries2018 that's a good point. I'l have to ask about that!
  • Options
    Well I guess I'm in the minority but I think shower games are fun! Bring on the games, whether bridal shower or baby shower :) 

I haven't been super worried about finances over maternity leave because I am working those hours now, and will be able to take them off "for free" once I have the baby. But this whole summer and early fall really suck because I'm working an extra 5-10 hours per week. It doesn't sound like a lot but it definitely increases my stress level and makes it harder to get stuff done in other areas of my life. 
  • Options
    Most companies I've worked for have had the same policies as @purplestarz where if you are on disability over a holiday the holiday is treated like a normal work day and there is no make-up day. If your company agrees to it and you have a childcare plan for the in-between weeks, you could break up your maternity leave to come back right before Thanksgiving, and then take the rest of your 12 weeks in the new year. And if you are on unpaid leave, there may be other ways to still get paid holidays. 

However, my current company requires us to take 3 weeks unpaid over the holidays (1 week at Thanksgiving, 2 at Christmas/New Years) so it should work out well for me to be on maternity leave then.

• Options
    @roo_baby did you have to fast? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No fasting but they said not to eat an hour before. Once I drank it I could only have water. Which is fine since it's been more than an hour and I feel all sorts of first trimester level sick. I had orange flavor and it tasted fine but it was a lot to drink all at once.
  • Options
    I finished OITNB it def gets better. But I wish they started at episode 7 and added 3 more to the end. 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    Did anyone's Bump app bug out yesterday? I was disconnected continuously on my phone and couldn't reply to posts. I hate the mobile app.  :|
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @beezeemarie I'm right there with you on the packing lunch thing. I didn't have enough time to pack today though. 
  • Options
    To be clear, my packed lunch usually consists of some sort of frozen meal. Hence why I'm always so eager to go out instead.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife to add to the skin commercial ads, can we talk about some of the perfume/cologne commercials they have no a days? Like what? 
  • Options
    @tyannej the ad with Jared Leto always cracks me up. So pretentious it makes me want to vomit.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife the Gucci Guilty ones always get me. Like it's so sensual and serious and then it's like bam, perfume for yo stench  :D