May 2017 Moms

Weekly randoms, 5.29-6.2

124»

Re: Weekly randoms, 5.29-6.2

• @erinh2005 not sure if you're thinking of my post or not but I have a combo vacuum steam mop that I LOVE. it's called the Bissel Symphony. For hardwood/laminate it's a lifesaver. Won't get any huge pieces of debris but basically anything smaller than my dogs food morsels it can pick up and mop at the same time. Or you can do one or the other if you don't want to do both. 
  • @ShadeofGreen816 Yes it was you sorry! Thank you I'm gonna look into it sounds awesome!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not really loving the in-between-size phase. The newborn sleepers are too tight and the 3 month ones are too loose.  :|

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• SKZWSKZW member
    @absbubbs: Congrats!! Welcome, Lucas!!

@mrsrep123: So true, what a pain! Relatedly: For 2 weeks I've been rotating the same like 5 little sleepers because they fit so well. Yesterday I put him in the smallest newborn-sized onesie he has... and it was so super snug, that'll be the last time he wears it... and it was his going-home shirt! Mixed emotions over here.  :/
  • @starphish18 my mom just bought a couple gowns for Ollie and I hate them! He doesn't seem to like them either because they are more difficult to put on. We totally gave up on one of them because he was just not happy about it. We tend to use the footie pajamas or a long sleeve onesie with the halo sack for night. He has a couple of rompers in NB size but we didn't get too many because we figured he wouldn't fit them for too long! It's mainly onesies at this point. Can't wait for the little bit older stuff where we have a ton more options! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • We have tons of 0-3 and 3-6 month stuff because I didn't think we would use newborn clothes for long. Turns out Jack is pretty small and everything is huge on him. He was still only 7.6 at his 2 week appointment. Hoping the around the clock nursing will bulk him up a bit.

• mcvgalmcvgal member
    No gowns for us either. They are too much hassle for diaper changes. 

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Also, I posted a exercise and diet check in- I was t sure what to put as the questions so change them as you'd like 
  • You're so close @Jens_Hoes!! Hang in there! You'll have your LO one very soon to snuggle with! :)

• mcvgalmcvgal member
    You are almost there @Jens_Hoes

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @Jens_Hoes last gal standing! Yaye for your induction tomorrow! Hope you keep us posted on TB and everything is uneventful for you and your LO!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• 4 weeks pp and I have my follow up appointment today. Still trying to decide if im going to have the copper iud inserted.  :|

DS2 will be going through his first leap this week... I'm hoping it's short and sweet. 

What's going on with all you other mommas?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @vrj0522 Yes, we do put them on from the bottom. For some reason, it always just takes me longer to snake it up her body than plopping her into a zip or snap up. So far, I don't have too much of a preference between zipper and snap fronts.
  • lnds32 said:
    @mrsrep123 let me know what you decide about the IUD. I am on the fence myself and need to make a decision by my pp appt in a few weeks! We were planning a vasectomy but now my husband thinks we should wait a year to make sure we don't want a third. We don't. Lol.
    @lnds32 I did it. Just some minor cramping while my OB placed it and it took like 10 min or less. She said to expect some spotting today. The copper IUD is good for 10 years. I really only need 4 to really make sure we are done, although like you said, pretty sure we are. Cons: may cause heavier bleeding, more intense cramping, and back aches during your period. FX those symptoms skip me  ;)

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @starphish18 I actually like the snaps because I only have to unbutton a few for diaper changes if the buttons are on both legs otherwise the zip one is good  
  • lnds32lnds32 member
    @mrsrep123 good to know! I definitely don't want to get pregnant accidentally so I need an option that will work while breastfeeding! I think I will call my OB so I can have it placed at my appointment! Thanks again for the info! Fingers crossed for no side effects!
  • @mrsrep123 how was the pain with the iud?
  • lrwardrop said:
    @mrsrep123 how was the pain with the iud?
    @lrwardrop minor period cramping only while it was placed. Your cervix is first stabilized with an instrument in which you feel a pinch. Then your uterus gets measured and then the IUD placed, which is where the cramping happens. Nothing but spotting afterward, but I did take ibuprofen just in case.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• mrsrep123 said:
    lrwardrop said:
    @mrsrep123 how was the pain with the iud?
    @lrwardrop minor period cramping only while it was placed. Your cervix is first stabilized with an instrument in which you feel a pinch. Then your uterus gets measured and then the IUD placed, which is where the cramping happens. Nothing but spotting afterward, but I did take ibuprofen just in case.
    I'm here and finlly have a second to respond to something! Haha. So the iud is safe while BFing? I'm going back and forth. We may or may not have another and have decided to reevaluate our family planning in 3-4 years. I took the pill successfully for years and then just condoms after our 1st baby. I'm afraid of an unexpected pregnancy at this point so it's gotta be pill or iud this time around. My appt is tomorrow and DH and I are dying to have our romantic life back. It's been like 12 weeks!!! But I'm so terrified of getting pregnant. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Jens_Hoes said:
    Induction scheduled for 630am tomorrow!!! So pumped
    Woo! Good luck!
  • @mamatowildones yes, an IUD is safe while breastfeeding. I chose the copper one because I didn't want any additional hormones with my birth control anymore. And since we want to make sure we are really done, I chose this method because condoms just wouldn't work for us, lol.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• SKZWSKZW member
    Thinking about you @Jens_Hoes!
  • @Jens_Hoes totally worth the wait, I promise! Even when I'm in tears like I was earlier tonight (mostly bc I'm a hormonal mess!). Thinking of you and good luck!!!
  • @ShadeofGreen816 Congratulations and welcome Claire! 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• mcvgalmcvgal member
    Congrats @ShadeofGreen816 !

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• SKZWSKZW member
    Congrats @ShadeofGreen816! Welcome little "junebug"  :)  and glad you're doing well!
  • Congrats @ShadeofGreen816!!

And good luck today @Jens_Hoes!
  • Congratulations @ShadeofGreen816!!

good luck @Jens_Hoes!!

• Congrats @ShadeofGreen816!!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • erinh2005erinh2005 member
    edited June 2017
    Congrats @ShadeofGreen816 welcome to the other side!! and congrats to me I love my new vacuum/steamer based on your recommendation - yay for keeping up with cat/toddler messes for once! 

ETA: @Jens_Hoes thinking of you and hoping to see an update/announcement every time I log in!