May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms, 5.29-6.2

Re: Weekly randoms, 5.29-6.2

• Options
    @chailife34 I'm so sorry things have been so tough on you this week! Have you talked to your wife about how you're feeling?  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kns1988 thanks for asking.
    It has been an extremely disappointing week.. where do I even begin..

- my breastmilk supply has significantly dropped after dealing with a lot of family stress. So much so that now we have to start formula supplementation. I'm doing the best I can, I'm on fenugreek and a milk rich tincture, pumping as much as possible, power pumping daily, and still can't keep up. I'll keep at it, even with the formula, as I'd like DS to have as much breastmilk as possible, but it's a low blow.

- I found out I didn't get the job promotion I have been working towards. I didn't interview well, even though I thought I had, so I clearly have more work ahead of me. My (new) boss is keeping a position open so I can work for it but it still hurts. Timing is everything, so hopefully I can dazzle him when I get back and reapply. 

- we have to rehome our dog who we've had since he was a puppy because his food aggression has gotten worse and he's bitten DD trying to take food from her. We are really sad about it but safety of our children comes first. He is nine so he still has a lot of life ahead of him, so we are working with a rescue organization to get him into a home with no kids. 

Frankly I'm doing more than I should around the house, but it's helping me channel my emotions. I finally cried, but can tell there is more I'm holding back. Idk what else to do, just trying to keep moving forward.

Glad to see so many of you! Missed you after the great migration to hogwarts. The board actually feels alive now
    I'm a lurker from June. I had to put my dog down recently because her food aggression was out of control. She viciously attacked another one of our dogs in front of DS. I chose to put her down over a rescue because I was worried what her future would look like elsewhere. Take some time to think through all of your options and then move on. It was heartbreaking but I feel a sense of peace knowing we did everything we could and now everyone including her is safe.
  • Options
    Random question: how long did it take for you to get baby's Social security card and  birth certificate? I'm worried about getting them and adding DS to insurance. He is already 3 weeks old. 
    We were given a record of birth document to use for things like this, issued by the hospital and I think signed by a pediatrician, while we wait for the actual birth certificate to be ready which for the town DS was born in is at least 2 weeks from filing before it's ready. I forget how long it took to get DD's SSN but I don't believe the insurance company even asked for it. DS is 13 days today, we signed the final docs in the hospital late in a Friday night, and we do not have the SSN yet. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    @chailife34 - I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going well. No one needs so much added stress on top of a new baby! 

It sounds like you have some good measures in place to try to boost your supply. I just wanted to throw out that I had some good results for Mother's Milk Tea when I was nursing Isaac. Full disclosure: it upset my stomach some, but of all the things I tried, I could tell the biggest difference with that. 

I hope you get some checks in the WIN column soon! 
  • Options
    @chailife34 I'm sorry to hear about all the blows this week. It sounds like you're working through each thing as to not get overwhelmed. I always love a good cry- maybe let another one our during your next shower? How's your DW handling/supporting you with all of this?

Cheers to Wines-day @SKZW!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Hang in there @chailife34 , it takes awhile to figure out a routine and get settled with a New baby. Don't be too hard on yourself ! 

Another cheers to wines day! 
  • Options
    I'm sorry life really sucks right now @chailife34! Hopefully it gets better sooner rather than later. Sending creeper hugs your way
  • Options
    My newborn woke up the toddler way early this morning and now the toddler woke up the newborn before AND after his nap time. Seriously?!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @chailife34 I'm so sorry about how your week has been. Any one of those things is crushing to deal with especially rehoming a fur family member. Hugs to you and as @mrsrep123 said maybe take a moment for a really good shower cry. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816  - sounds like perfect
    prioritization to me!!! 

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    Anyone have suggestions on making diaper changes calmer for the baby? I know @pshaortao mentioned (in Hogwarts) that she put up high contrast pictures to catch his attention, so I may give that a try. Any other advice? Juniper is generally not fussy, but cries bloody murder during the tail end of a diaper change when we're putting a new diaper back on and readjusting her clothes.
  • Options
    The high contrast doesnt work everytime,  he gets mad when he was snoozing lol.  Sometimes the shhhhh sound help. The rest of the time,  just be fast! Easier said than done though.  

• Options
    For us the diaper changes have gotten better over the past several days, since his circ is feeling better and belly button is healed. The first few days he screamed every time, it's tough. I almost bought a wipe warmer in the middle of the night after a screaming episode. It will get better @starphish18
  • Options
    @chailife34 sorry to hear about your struggles. I was going to recommend the same thing as @mrsrep123 a good shower cry always helps me feel better! 

@starphish18 so happy to hear the blanket is no longer necessary. Regarding diaper changes Mason cries bloody murder too, but I have noticed it has gotten better as he has gotten older (16 days old now). I agree with @skzw getting them as short as possible also helps. I know in the beginning H and I fumbled a lot. You will see you get more efficient the more practice you get (and trust me, you will get a lot of practice). 
  • Options
    +1 over here with the newborn and toddler struggle. DD loves her new baby brother, but she's also been a bit of a pain as far as grumpiness goes. She literally cries more than DS and I'm beyonder too tired to feel like I can put up with it for too much longer. I know it's all new to her and she literally turned 2 on Saturday, but it's so frustrating.
  • Options
    I'm sorry things have been rough, @chailife34! That is a lot of stuff to deal with at once. I hope your wife steps up and helps more with the feedings now that you're using formula. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    Anyone want to be friends on my fitness pal? I was really good about logging in it when I lost 15 lbs for my wedding, but now I can't get back in the habit. Having accountability would help. PM me your MFP name.

• Options
    @kns1988 I'm not ready yet because I'm still pregnant but I'll be your friend!
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @CCNellans: Congrats on your little one's arrival and on a quick labor!
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I'm at least two days behind on your question but I had to use miralax regularly through the last several weeks of pregnancy.  Including the day I went in for induction.  
  • Options
    @chailife34 It seems like you have a positive outlook and I'm giving you huge props for that. I hope your DW snaps out of her funk and starts being more helpful. This moming thing is tough, but like you said all of it will pass soon enough.
  • Options
    KipperooKipperoo member
    edited June 2017
    @chailife34, I hope that things slow down for you soon. I cant imagine dealing with all of that, especially with a toddler an so  newborn. Creepy internet hugs headed your way.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @chailife34 So many creepy internet hugs. (Sorry I'm late to respond - TB app finally let me log in again!) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    @mrsrep123 Oh my word! I would probably started ugly crying right there if that happened to me. Props to you for laughing about it now. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, @mrsrep123, nothing worse than cleaning poop at 5 AM!

• Options
    Oh my @mrsrep123

Congratulations @absbubbs!

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Congratulations @absbubbs

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Congrats @absbubbs I was excited to see your name pop up! 

Does anyone remember which steam vacuum someone on here recommended? I think it was @Jkp7749. My mom got me the owlet for my birthday and we hated it! So instead I'm gonna exchange it for a new vacuum, hooray #momlife