November 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/15

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/15

• @kvruns That would freak me out.  I think I would like to be oblivious too, but once I saw it, I don't know how I would handle taking LO back.  I think I would have to mention what I saw to someone with authority though.
  • Loading the player...
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @kvruns That would freak me out.  I think I would like to be oblivious too, but once I saw it, I don't know how I would handle taking LO back.  I think I would have to mention what I saw to someone with authority though.

STUCK:

I probably described it worse than it was but I will admit I don't care for this lady's style. There are 1-2 other teachers in the room at the same time who I really like so I don't worry about him in that way. I think she had the "old school grandma" style 
  • @kvruns - Going in late a few times or picking up early is what made us switch daycares with ODD.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @kvruns - Going in late a few times or picking up early is what made us switch daycares with ODD.
    I have to pick him up early Thursday for his Dr appt so I'm going to observe then too. 
  • @kvruns we're they at all apologetic or just blase about it?
    Side note, one of the moms pulled her baby from A's daycare because they didn't have a room for her to privately breastfeed. I ran into her over the weekend and she was telling me all about it. I pointed out that technically, they only need to provide a private breastfeeding space for their employees and she looked st me like I had 3 heads and told me she couldn't keep her LO in a place that "looks down on breastfeeding." Am I crazy or this is a little OTT?
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @RhodaMorgenstern I didn't raise a concern it just seemed an odd way to try to get a baby to sleep. I just don't get the super loving vibe from this lady like the others there 

I do think it is weird to expect a private BF area at daycare! I know mine said if you are BFing you can come feed him but I think it would be in a semi open area they don't have separate spaces. That would be way too hard to coordinate feeding times IMO 
  • @RhodaMorgenstern Yep, totally over the top to expect your daycare to have a private nursing room for you. I mean, come on. 

So, I'm currently battling a little head cold and won't be able to go meet my new nephew at the hospital today which I am SUPER bummed about. I want to bring something to their house when I go later this week but I have no idea what to take. I just had a baby 6 months ago and I can't think of anything to take over lol! Pregnancy amnesia is real. Suggestions?
  • @RhodaMorgenstern Yep, totally over the top to expect your daycare to have a private nursing room for you. I mean, come on. 

So, I'm currently battling a little head cold and won't be able to go meet my new nephew at the hospital today which I am SUPER bummed about. I want to bring something to their house when I go later this week but I have no idea what to take. I just had a baby 6 months ago and I can't think of anything to take over lol! Pregnancy amnesia is real. Suggestions?

All the food!!!  I didn't have time to cook anything so we had a lot of take out, but I would've preferred healthier meals.
  • I've nursed A in the room with the cribs but I never expected a private room to nurse in. But then again, I've become that woman who whips my boob out in public now...
  • @kvruns - I wouldn't be comfortable with that either. One of the reasons we chose the daycare we did is that they have no bouncers, swings, exersaucers, etc. - the babies are being social on boppies/ playmats/playing around the room if they are mobile, in a worker's arms, or in their crib. I know she isn't being left in a swing by herself all day which looked to be the case at some of the daycares we checked out. The head teacher did leave a month ago and I don't love the new one, she just gets me on the defensive and I can't say why, but the rest of the staff is great. 

@RhodaMorgenstern - that is a ridiculous expectation - the one time I breastfed LO at daycare it was just in the room with the rest of the babies and staff.

@MrsMaryK2016 - our doula brought us pre-frozen pumpkin muffins for our freezer and I consider it the best thing we received food-wise. 20 seconds in the microwave and I had a quick snack when I was crashing and didn't have time/energy to grab anything else. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Food is always good! I hardly ate when I had my LO the first months @MrsMaryK2016 as making dinner or going to the store was not on my list.
    A cleaner to help with choirs is something I would have appreciated too. I had my after delivery care for 2 weeks (its standard in NL to have one for 10
    days) she made me breakfast and lunch and cleaned my house, check me and my LO. Gave advice and took care of my visitors. Once she left it took a while before I cleaned!

A private room to breastfeed is a little much to ask if think @RhodaMorgenstern, so you're not crazy or have 3 heads :)
    I don't think we have any space for that in the Netherlands, but then again breastfeeding is no big deal over here. You may whoop them out anywhere anytime.

My LO only been to daycare once, but I would love to be a fly on the wall to just see how it goes @kvruns
    Its good though that you have a good feeling with the others!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @lajoliedreamer Good idea! I'm trying to remember what I snacked on or needed all the time but I really don't remember much from those first two weeks. Probably a combo of newborn sleep exhaustion and the Percocet from the csection. 
  • Feel better @mrsmaryk2016. You could always throw together a "mom essentials kit" if you don't think she'd be offended or not her thing (i.e. BF remedies like Lanolin or diaper rash aids or rubbing alcohol for the umbilical cord - you know, the weird little stuff no one ever wants to think about needing but then sends DH about to get ASAP). I realize that could be perceived as too forward with some people though. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @RhodaMorgenstern Yep, totally over the top to expect your daycare to have a private nursing room for you. I mean, come on. 

I say food. Even if its just a pre-made meal from your grocery store deli. Something easy to heat up and eat. Also while you are there see if there is anything you can help her with. When my brother and his partner came to visit, while I was putting LO down I asked if they could do the small amount of dishes I had on the counter. It was really helpful.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• kvrunskvruns member
    Feel like I need to take bets on if/when I get the call to pick B up from daycare. His eyes weren't gooey this morning but they seemed a little red and his cold seemed worse than usual. Meant to check his temp because he felt warmer than usual but I forgot that too. I really hope they don't call, I have too much to get done these days
  • Anyone familiar with pinkblush non-maternity dresses?  I'm looking for something to wear to S's christening and am wondering if I should get the Medium just like I did in their maternity dresses.
  • @Ladybug2821 I have one or two and they're generally pretty true to size. I bought a Tahari dress for A's christening and my MIL told me it's inappropriate because it's black (and white). Insert eye roll here.
  • @RhodaMorgenstern That is annoying. I didn't realize there was a "color dress code". I've seen a few black dresses with some designs that I thought were cute that I'd consider wearing to the christening. 
  • @RhodaMorgenstern and @Ladybug2821 I wouldn't have an issue wearing black, especially if it had a design or another colour in it. You are the mom you wear what you're comfortable in! 
    I found it hard to find something I like with my new body shape. It happened what I wore wasn't black but if I found something that was it wouldn't have stopped me if I finally found something I was happy with! 
  • @kristah2 Oh I completely agree. I would wear whatever I wanted regardless of what anyone said.  I have a new body shape too so I might have to get something that I can actually try on in person. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @Ladybug2821 I have one or two and they're generally pretty true to size. I bought a Tahari dress for A's christening and my MIL told me it's inappropriate because it's black (and white). Insert eye roll here.
    does she think a black dress is summoning the devil or what
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    My dress was black with pattern @rhodamorgenstern.
    I didn't (and still don't) feel like shopping for me and that was the only dress I didn't feel like I looked pregnant in!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @kvruns she told me it was "depressing" to wear to a christening. Too bad. I ripped the tags off so no takesie backsies!
    @tvh1982 I bought he dress because it hides my c section pooch so i can completely relate.