November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/15

What's going on in your world this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/15

• Options

It seems like S always has some kind of skin ailment.  Looks like she has eczema, anyone know of a really good lotion/cream?  Aquaphor isn't doing anything for it :(.  Its like it got worse over night.  I use Dove sensitive soap for baths and Cetaphil and Aquaphor for her skin. I've tried BM on it also but no real improvement with that either.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member

It seems like S always has some kind of skin ailment.  Looks like she has eczema, anyone know of a really good lotion/cream?  Aquaphor isn't doing anything for it :(.  Its like it got worse over night.  I use Dove sensitive soap for baths and Cetaphil and Aquaphor for her skin. I've tried BM on it also but no real improvement with that either.

I have done aquaphor, cetaphil, and coconut oil. When it got really bad the NP suggested hydrocortisone until it was better. That worked great, but I only used it sparingly and then used all the other stuff as well.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I've been using live clean baby eczema cream on M
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    Does anyone have a baby cleansing cloth they like? I was given some Johnson and Johnson head to toe wipes that are supposed to be good for between baths so it made me think a little better than just normal wipes but they are sooooo perfumed I can't stand it. We don't give him a lot of baths but I'd like to wipe him down better between. 
  • Options
    leighryleighry member
    So my husband and I have been discussing getting a security company to come out and set up a system at our house. He finally picked one and they came out Saturday to install cameras and sensors and whatnot. I really didn't have time to check it out since i worked all weekend but today both times when I left the house and typed our code into the wall pad, it doesn't arm and i have to go onto the app on my phone and arm the house that way. Not really a huge deal but I'm irrationally annoyed. Just work god damn it.
  • Options

We just had some super stubborn eczema and Aveeno baby eczema lotion took care of it in 24 hours.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options

kvruns said:
    Does anyone have a baby cleansing cloth they like? I was given some Johnson and Johnson head to toe wipes that are supposed to be good for between baths so it made me think a little better than just normal wipes but they are sooooo perfumed I can't stand it. We don't give him a lot of baths but I'd like to wipe him down better between. 
    I never knew this was thing. We bathe daily or every other... baby powder to take care of the super gross stuff.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member

kvruns said:
    I never knew this was thing. We bathe daily or every other... baby powder to take care of the super gross stuff.
    I thought you were just supposed to bath a few times a week? Uh oh do I have the stinky kid in class and don't know it? 
  • Options
    @kvruns our pediatrician told us to bathe A 2-3 times a week. Her skin dries out if we do it any more than that. Although between the blow outs and the scraps left over in between neck rolls, it seems like we've been bathing her every other day since we started solids.
  • Options
    I used to bathe S every other day but I think that caused a lot of her dry skin.  Every baby is different I'm sure, but she doesn't get super dirty or anything so I only do it once or twice a week.
  • Options
    jsmaijsmai member
  • Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @kvruns we also do not give her a bath very often :) I use clean wipes that I get from Amazon, which is supposed to be just water and some fruit extracts. Also, like when we did new born bathing I do sponge bath once a while. It is still cold in our apartment so I dont feel comfortable to give her a bath everyday. But I think I will start daily bath in the summer when she sweats.
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited May 2017
    kvruns said:
    I bathe my LO about 2-3 per week. My friend gave her LO a bath every night. So it's up to you on that front. 

As for you question. I will use my homemade wipes to clean her up whenever necessary. If I don't have those I just use regular wipes.

My homemade wipes I use a good tablespoon of coconut oil, a squirt of baby wash (aveeno) and about 2-2.5 cups of hot water. I pour this mixture over a paper towel roll (cut in half). I store it in a foldgers coffee plastic container.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    ZoeFer said:
    @kvruns we also do not give her a bath very often :) I use clean wipes that I get from Amazon, which is supposed to be just water and some fruit extracts. Also, like when we did new born bathing I do sponge bath once a while. It is still cold in our apartment so I dont feel comfortable to give her a bath everyday. But I think I will start daily bath in the summer when she sweats.
    @zoefer what are your amazon wipes?
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    thanks @m6agua  we've done just plain water wipes with paper towels when he had really bad diaper rash (and we wondered if the wipes were causing it) so your recipe sounds good.  Dumb question - is the coconut oil in the solid form or do you heat it to a liquid first? I assume the hot water would liquify it if not
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    kvruns said:
    thanks @m6agua  we've done just plain water wipes with paper towels when he had really bad diaper rash (and we wondered if the wipes were causing it) so your recipe sounds good.  Dumb question - is the coconut oil in the solid form or do you heat it to a liquid first? I assume the hot water would liquify it if not
    Solid form and the hot water liquifies.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    I probably should have mentioned I am knowingly in the minority of bathing daily... sorry @kvruns
  • Options
    We bath daily too... I just don't use soap every time. But I think the routine really helps single that it's almost bedtime and also relaxes him.

i use a dry wipe for diaper changes that I just wet with water from a peri bottle I keep near the changing table. I imagine they would work well for "sponge bath" type situations as well.
    Medline ULTRASOFT713 Disposable Dry Cleansing Cloths, 7" x 13" (1200 Count) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0054JESY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_z2ip4v2xOzjkF
  • Options
    We bathe daily as well and I use soap everyday. I do a lotion massage before pjs to help prevent dry skin. 
  • Options

Hydrocortisone was a lifesaver for E's dry head. I highly recommend it. 
  • Options
    We bathe daily, too. We skipped it the other night and she had a MOTN melt-down for the first time in almost two weeks so we're not going to miss it anymore, even though she doesn't really seem to be having fun right now in it (can't sit up on her own yet and too big for the insert). 
  • Options
    leighryleighry member
    I just went in little mans room to grab something and found him face down in his bed. I turned him to his side so his face at least wasn't completely shoved into the mattress. I sleep like that but it makes my stomach drop when he does it!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    kristah2 said:
    Anyone else get a little mom crazy when baby sleeps in so you run into their room and chance waking them to make sure they're still breathing? Just me? 
    I'm still waiting for mine to sleep in just once LOL  although this morning he didn't have his normal coughing fits so I did worry a bit but didn't dare jinx it by checking on him
  • Options
    @kvruns it's 10:20 am here and he's still sleep! Usually he's asleep 1130/12-8/830. 
    Guess he's sleeping his flu out but my boobs are soon going to explode! 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
  • Options
    @mrsmaryk2016 I remember lotion massages! But, alas, gone are the days of one kid...

kristah2 said:
    Anyone else get a little mom crazy when baby sleeps in so you run into their room and chance waking them to make sure they're still breathing? Just me? 
    All the time! Try to enjoy it!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    I bought 3 pairs of pants with suspenders for LO yesterday through my FB baby page :#  Was really just looking for one pair of 6 month but no one had those and instead I ended up with 1 khaki 12 month, 1 denim 12 month and 1 18 month denim. Guess this kid is going to have suspenders for his 12 month pictures, I can't wait!
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    Anyone else here struggling with weight and body image? I am almost back up to my pregnancy weight and the most I weighed before pregnancy. I know I can loose the weight (about 30lbs), I have before doing Whole30. It's just that all the food is so good, especially sweets. Also trying to find time to cook and meal prep is difficult.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I lost about 20 lbs immediately after giving birth and kinda stopped there ! I had gained weight during infertility treatments before getting pregnant so i dont know if i can ever go back to my normal weight. BF was supposed to burn the calories but does t work for me?
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    ZoeFer said:
    I lost about 20 lbs immediately after giving birth and kinda stopped there ! I had gained weight during infertility treatments before getting pregnant so i dont know if i can ever go back to my normal weight. BF was supposed to burn the calories but does t work for me?
    I had lost all my pregnancy weight 4 days after birth because I got sick. I am convinced this really was a problem to loose that much so fast and is probably part of the reason I kept slowly gaining after.

I only BF for a week, but I was sooo hungry I can't imagine how anyone can loose weight BF. My best friend hung on to all her weight while BF as well. 
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    100% yes. I had the same issue last time and couldn't really be successful until after her first birthday. They have more autonomy by then and, for me, BF stops. I'm trying to be positive for the sake of ODD and re-train my brain (again) as we come up on 6 mo. I will be starting to record my food intake and progress to Whole30 sometime after ODD's 3rd birthday (June) when some chaos should die down and LO will ideally be BF-ing less.

Hang in there @m6agua!
  • Options

ZoeFer said:
    BF does NOTHING for me as far as weight loss. If anything, it hinders it!
  • Options
    It's crazy how much I can eat now that I'm BF. I'm not necessarily struggling with the weight but more so my body shape. It is completely different now. My butt has completely left the building and my legs have gotten too skinny. And my stomach sticks out weird. I think my diet is fine but need the time and energy to work out to build back the muscle I've lost and get my stomach in check. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    yep I agree @m6agua I got down to pre-pregnancy (which was still 20 lb over what I want from slow weight creep the prior few of years) and now have been putting some back on. BFing doesn't help me lose and lack of sleep/stress/etc makes it easy for me to emotionally eat. Not to mention at work I'm surrounded by snacks and usually free lunch or leftovers at least once a week so I make bad choices.