January 2018 Moms

Ultrasounds!

I stole this from December.  (Who stole it from November, thanks guys!)

This thread is for pictures from our ultrasounds throughout the next nine months!!!

**If you have an upcoming u/s appointment, please don't tell us here.  You can share that in the weekly appointment thread and/or your ticker change thread to help us keep this one relatively clean.  **

Please check your picture before sharing to make sure that any personal information you don't want to share with everyone is covered up.

Some love to start their own threads to AW happy moments.  That is fine too!  Also please share the picture in here if you feel so inclined.  There are never too many places to celebrate these little ones and their mamas.  

@bumpAdmin can we sticky this thread please.
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Ultrasounds!

• Loading the player...
  • Yay for baby pictures! @bumpadmin can we get this stickied please?
  • Oh man, all these sweet ultrasound pics are getting me excited about my appt next week!
  • New Years baby! @cyanope hang out with us!
  • @cyanope Oh, beautiful! And heck no, girl! You better stay with us. :wink:
  • cyanopecyanope member
    Thanks, @rachelg777 and @caeilievalor! I love our BMB, so I would hate to leave! 
  • @cyanope Nope, if you get to have the tax write off and not reset your deductible you have to go to the December board with the rest of the lucky ones >:( 

Just Kidding :) But I am jealous!  ;) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • gulimzgulimz member
    Had my 3rd U/S this morning.  Once was a little over a wk ago to confirm pregnancy, Friday I had one due to bleeding and cramping and one today listen to the heart beat and seeing it again
  • cyanopecyanope member
    Nope. I'm staying put, @miranda21037! You guys are stuck with me! If it makes you feel any better, I don't have a deductible. I pay $30 to have a baby. That's it. One of the glories of being a teacher: having AMAZING insurance! But, the tax write off will be nice! Let's hope this baby comes on time!
    Ps...this post has a LOT of exclamation points...!
  • akingmommaakingmomma member
    edited May 2017
    I'm so emotional ladies. I thought I was 7w1d and went in for my first ultrasound and he said I must be like 6 weeks according to the yolk sac measurments but there is no heartbeat to be seen yet. He said I'm still early and this looks healthy and doesn't look like a miscarriage to him but I have another ultrasound in a week and a half to check growth. I'm worried sick.
  • @akingmomma FX for you. It is so common to ovulate late and have your dates off. That US looks promising! I know waiting is the absolute worst. Hugs. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @akingmomma positive vibes to you!
  • edited May 2017
    @akingmomma sending prayers and love your way.
    Second ultrasound today. Sweet little peanut is doing good. Heart beat strong at 150 bpm. 

*********************************** TW *****************************************
    BFP #1 Dec 2015 - CP Dec 2015 
    BFP #2 Jan 2016 - MC March 2016 
    BFP #3 May 2017 - Down Syndrome dx @ 12 wks - MC August 2016 

BFP #4 November 2017 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @akingmomma - FX for you!  We're in the same boat.  My RE thought I would be further long due to date of LMP but I'm a late ovulator.  I go in on Thursday for a follow-up and we'll hopefully find the HB then.  Just remember:  right now, you're pregnant.  Enjoy it.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• I am having my first ultrasound at 8 weeks and 4 days. Will they do it abdominally or vaginally? Thanks guys!!
  • EmilyLove25EmilyLove25 member
    edited May 2017
    @laurent90 I just had my first ultrasound last week at 7 weeks and was shocked when the tech said "let's try an abdominal one." With DD, they did a transvaginal one at 7.5 weeks. However, this tech was awesome. She said since I was thin (lol, not sure what she was seeing) she thought it was worth trying; however, often the position of the placenta and/or uterus (tilted or not) can make it hard to see anything with an abdominal one so early, so I think many techs default and just do a transvaginal. And FYI, the transvaginal is awesome because you get such a clear picture! Also you are so consumed with the screen etc. that you don't feel it (or I didn't). 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @PleaseSendPicklesNow I am so so excited for you! 
  • cyanopecyanope member
    The cats are a nice touch, @PleaseSendPicklesNow!
  • @akingmomma, Im a late ovulator.  Ive always been 10 days "behind" what lmp says.  Going by lmp assumes you have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14, which less than half the population has both of those true.    That ultrasound looks great. 
  • Great looking U/S ladies. Look at all those cute little jelly beans!  Pregnancy Ticker
    *********************************** TW *****************************************
    BFP #1 Dec 2015 - CP Dec 2015 
    BFP #2 Jan 2016 - MC March 2016 
    BFP #3 May 2017 - Down Syndrome dx @ 12 wks - MC August 2016 

BFP #4 November 2017 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @laurent90 Usually for abdominal ultrasound they ask you to drink a certain amount of water couple hours prior to the ultrasound... Having a full bladder helps them see baby better. If there are no instructions like that, then they will probably do a vaginal ultrasound. 
  • Love all these beans, ladies!!!! 

@aimsforyou2014 you might want to crop/edit your picture so your full personal info isn't visible. 
  • @hwoodmama that's what I'm thinking. I actually ended up checking my period tracker app and me and hubs DTD on the EXACT day that would measure up with the ultrasound. It's a week later than the generic timing that the app had for me ovulation. So I think I ovulated a week later. I am staying hopeful everything is fine! ❤️
  • @laurent90 I agree with what @EmilyLove25 said. During my us yesterday, they tried abdominal first since I was over 7 weeks. However, they had to do the transvaginal because I have a retroverted (tilted) uterus. I'm a STM and had no clue until now!
  • Yes I have to drink a litre of water an hour prior and I can't go to the toilet!