May 2017 Moms

Appointments week of 5/1!!

124»

Re: Appointments week of 5/1!!

• Loading the player...
  • Yay for being head down! @Louise_Belcher

Had my 38wk checkup this morning. Overall it went well. Also declined the cervix check. For the first time in over a month she didn't check if he was still head down. Now well see if I make it to the 39 week checkup

• @Louise_Belcher Yay! I kept checking back for an update - and hooray it's a good one!!
  • I'm so happy it worked @Louise_Belcher!!!  FX he stays that way!
  • Hooray @Louise_Belcher!!

I had my 39w3d appointment today - did a cervix check. I'm at a "very tight" 1 cm, and doctor couldn't do a membrane sweep.  Due date is on Monday - hoping baby comes soon otherwise I will be waiting until May 15th for an induction. I am more bummed than I thought I would be. I just keep repeating to myself....just means baby needs more time and anything can happen.
    boooo :( I SO feel you. How come she couldn't do a sweep?? I'm asking for one tomorrow and going to be so bummed if she cant.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @rosemarylaff Sorry about the disappointing news! But that's a good outlook to have: "baby just needs more time". And yes, anything can happen!
  • Hooray @Louise_Belcher!!

I had my 39w3d appointment today - did a cervix check. I'm at a "very tight" 1 cm, and doctor couldn't do a membrane sweep.  Due date is on Monday - hoping baby comes soon otherwise I will be waiting until May 15th for an induction. I am more bummed than I thought I would be. I just keep repeating to myself....just means baby needs more time and anything can happen.
    boooo :( I SO feel you. How come she couldn't do a sweep?? I'm asking for one tomorrow and going to be so bummed if she cant.
    If your cervix is too posterior the provider can't reach it for a sweep. This happened to me for both DD1 and DD2. My OB would try and it was awful. My cervix was just never anterior until I was in active labor for some reason. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @MTB16 glad you got released! Keep baby close and safe 
  • m3ganmcm3ganmc member
    Appt this morning...39 weeks 5 days. She barely gave me 2 cm dilated and was just like "ok well, see ya next week." I literally had to stop her from walking out the door to see what next steps are and see about scheduling induction. I hate when I've waited for 45 min and they rush out of the appt...especially when I have questions! Rant over. They will call me with an induction date...at least there is an end in sight but hoping he comes sooner. 
  • @nda_roxybabe since I was a very tight (her words) 1 cm, she said she would "really hurt me" if she did one. FX you can get a sweep. 
  • @RainyDays86 You are lovely! I'm glad the expander is filled up so you're ready for the implant. Is there a date for that? Sorry no drains came out today, but better to let that output keep flowing. Was it a good visit overall?
    @MTB16 I'm glad you didn't have to get an immediate c-section. I hope everything goes well for you from here out. And yay for working from home!
  • I had an appointment yesterday at 37 & 6. Doctor said I was dilated to 2-3 and 75% effaced with the baby's head really low and she could feel a contraction. She said we could do a membrane sweep next week if I need it/make it to next weeks appointment. She made it sound like it wouldn't be bad so hopefully it won't be a big deal.
  • @nda_roxybabe hang in there! Enjoy your weekend of two of you aren't too uncomfortable! Pineapple, dates, spicy food, sex perhaps??? Lol

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17