May 2017 Moms
Options

Appointments week of 5/1!!

What's the doctor have to say this week?

Re: Appointments week of 5/1!!

• Options
    I hope it goes well @rkstro2
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First of my weekly checks today...lovely. I was having INSANE lightning crotch yesterday so I expect a little
    something is happening. 37 weeks today!
  • Options
    I have an appointment tomorrow. Wondering if I should do cervix check. Boo. My doctor said they only "benefit" to getting one now is so they could determine if I'm progressing at all? So like say I go in tomorrow and I'm at a 2 and then I think I'm in labor next week and they check and I'm greater than 2 then it would mean I'm progressing? Hmm idk. I wasn't checked with DD until I had to be induced.
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    @bacorrea Although cervix checks are slightly uncomfortable, for me I NEED to know. Especially to see if I'm making progress week to week! I haven't had one yet this pregnancy and it's driving me nuts. I'm getting one tomorrow so that we can have a better plan of how we will start the induction next week if I'm already making progress. 
    See I don't want to be disappointed though! My mom walked around at a 3 with me! There is no evidence that being dilated means labor is impending! So I think I would just be frustrated. I would rather not know. Plus I've had zero signs of labor so far...so I'm like meh. I know if I decline tomorrow they will insist next week because I will be 40 weeks. 
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    hp_momma said:
    @bacorrea Although cervix checks are slightly uncomfortable, for me I NEED to know. Especially to see if I'm making progress week to week! I haven't had one yet this pregnancy and it's driving me nuts. I'm getting one tomorrow so that we can have a better plan of how we will start the induction next week if I'm already making progress. 
    See I don't want to be disappointed though! My mom walked around at a 3 with me! There is no evidence that being dilated means labor is impending! So I think I would just be frustrated. I would rather not know. Plus I've had zero signs of labor so far...so I'm like meh. I know if I decline tomorrow they will insist next week because I will be 40 weeks. 
    Oh I know, I'm probably the odd one! I walked around at 2cm with both DD1 and DD2 from 36wks on so I get first hand that it means absolutely nothing. I just can't stand NOT knowing if anything is even possibly happening! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I have my 38wk appt tomorrow.  My doctor will discuss my induction plan for next week.  I'll have my first check tomorrow to assess the steps necessary for induction.  I'd rather not have one.  When I was induced with DD I had zero progress at every check at the clinic.  Then I went to a different clinic (maybe a MFM? Can't remember.) at 40w4d for some induction drug (cervadil? The other one that gets inserted?) and that did nothing.  I checked in to the hospital at 40w5d for my actual induction after having a few contractions overnight after that insertion and I was either still at 0 or only at a 1.  I don't like the numbers.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    @bacorrea - I also like to know, but just because. I guess it's always made me hopeful that something could be about to happen but like you said, most of the time it means nothing unless there is significant progress from one week to the next. With DS I was 0 dilated at my 39 wk appointment and went into labor 3 days later so I say do what will make you happiest.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @bacorrea I hear ya on the disappointment aspect. Especially being a STM I've heard you dilate sooner and can be at 2 or 3 for weeks. Not an easy choice in my opinion.
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    This is me! Even though being stuck at 1 for 3 (or is it 4?!) weeks in a row now sucks, I have to know. I look forward to finding out something, anything...
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Possibly having my first cervix check today and I'm kind of in both camps...I want to know because that might help me feel better knowing if what I've been feeling is because of that or not, but on the other hand it might make me more anxious haha I hate not knowing things though! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    With my first I was 3cm at 38 and 2. next week I was 4 at 39 and 2 then I went into labor 4 days later had my son a day early. It's different for everyone but I like to know the numbers
  • Options
    @MrsFreeman2010 that's so exciting! You're so close :smiley:

I see the midwife tomorrow for my 38 week appointment. The plan is to soften up any scar tissue from the cerclage *cringe*. I'm hoping there isn't any because she told me it's going to be pretty uncomfortable. I know it will help in the long run but...
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MrsFreeman2010 ahh so soon and exciting!!

As far as knowing dilation and effacement; I was excited to be checked last week during my swab but I wasn't anything so it's disappointing. I think I will skip tomorrow's as hearing from everyone it really doesn't mean much and it was such a disappointment that I had no progress. 
  • Options
    @MrsFreeman2010 Yay! So exciting! I hope it all goes smoothly and can't wait for your announcement!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Louise_Belcher good luck!

I'm currently waiting for my doctor but I just got weighed and gained 2 pounds since my last appointment which was 4 days ago! How is that even possible? I went running twice this weekend!
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher I hope it goes well!
    @chocolatelemons Maybe you just need to go to the bathroom? ;)
  • Options
    chocolatelemons - ditto @jayandaplus. Maybe all you need is a good poop.
  • Options
    @chocolatelemons your running! Major props
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 Yay!! Great news. Yes, spotting is normal. Shouldn't be more than what you'd use a pantiliner for and should stop tonight. 9 lb babies are very normal. My nurse says "your body will make a baby that can fit trough your vagina." :)
  • Options
    Well I'm completely closed but "softer" whatever that means. Kind of counting on another induction which is fine by me!
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 That's all exciting! I'm terrified this baby is going to be HUGE. I had spotting after one of my cervical checks, totally normal, but also worth calling.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 Yay!! Great news. Yes, spotting is normal. Shouldn't be more than what you'd use a pantiliner for and should stop tonight. 9 lb babies are very normal. My nurse says "your body will make a baby that can fit trough your vagina." :)
    Haha, I like that! When my Grandma had my 9lb Mom she did not fit and broke her shoulder (or maybe collar bone?) coming out!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Good luck @MrsFreeman2010! So exciting!!!

I've got a 39 week apt on Friday. Question: (probably a good one for my doc but I figure no harm asking what any of you would do) Should I schedule a 40 week visit? I've already got a 41 week induction lined up.
  • Options
    cclaineDC said:
    Good luck @MrsFreeman2010! So exciting!!!

I've got a 39 week apt on Friday. Question: (probably a good one for my doc but I figure no harm asking what any of you would do) Should I schedule a 40 week visit? I've already got a 41 week induction lined up.
    My office had me schedule my 40 week, I would.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher how did it go?!? Has the baby turned?

@BabyMC517 yay for a head-down baby!!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    rkstro2rkstro2 member
    Congrats on head down @BabyMC517!  Me too!  So excited that my exercises worked...lol I know it really was probably just what baby wanted to do :). I'm so glad not to be forced into anything at this point.  Hoping our babies stays that way!!!
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now. I hope they can get some answers for you by tomorrow so you'll maybe feel a little bit better about the decision you have to make. Do they not think the baby will turn in the next couple of weeks? Sending positive vibes your way and creepy internet hugs! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Aw @Louise_Belcher, I'm sorry the baby is still breech. I don't have any great words of wisdom, but sending creepy internet hugs your way.
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 She hasn't really said the chances of baby turning on his own at this point but he has been cozy in the same spot for the last 4 weeks so I don't find it likely. I will certainly keep trying positions and such to coax him into flipping. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20