May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chat (4.22, 4.23)

Re: Weekend Chat (4.22, 4.23)

• Options
    I indulged at lunch by getting a milkshake too (my reward for sitting through 2 extra hours of gymnastics for DD1 this week) and now I'm fully regretting it as I'm overstuffed. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @emilyalso: I love everything about that! The tree, the names, the handwriting  ;)  That sounds lovely! Will it be a nursery/room decoration after being in the hosp? Such a sweet idea.

@starphish18: Ditto to what others have said re: burping every 10 mins and/or halfway through a bottle or between breasts. Our LO (who spit up every.burping.opportunity) ended up being diagnosed with baby acid reflux (after some time had passed). So it turns out the sphincter at the top of the tummy isn't fully formed until the 1-year mark, which is when the reflux went away. But my related point is this: There are other ways to burp a baby that aren't the normal "hold over your shoulder" style. You'll find what works best for you! Our little guy, like I said, majorly spit up with every burp and multiple times every feeding... at least half of what he took in... and in a projectile sense... yeah, so getting stuff dribbling soaking down your back loses its appeal awfully fast. Our best solution: I'd put him in my lap, sitting facing sideways, and have a burpcloth spread out below his chin with one hand and pat his back with the other, and wait for the deluge. We ended up having maybe 30 burpcloths and washcloths in heavy rotation. Anyway, off tangent. Yes to burping often: you'll see how relieved it helps them feel! Just like when we ever have a huge helpful belch, it just feels good!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seconding @SKZW DS spit up at every feed, not reflux, but formula fed, he tended to eat too much nbd. I used to do the lap burp too, the best method is actually to have them sitting upright in your lap, thumb and forefinger under the chin supporting the head (usually with a burp cloth draped over, I used flat pre-fold diapers as burp cloths) and rather than patting their back, move their whole body in a circular motion. 
    At night I preferred over the shoulder because he would stay asleep like that and it was easier to put him back down from there.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    **TMI*

Question/freak out: My mucus plug came out, unmistakably. I'm 35.1. I know it can happen weeks before labor, but 5 weeks before?? I've been nesting, I've been very uncomfortable today with low back pain and pelvic pain (not unusual for me, though, worse today). Everything I read online tonight has me worrying. Worth messaging my midwives now (they probably won't see it for days) or should I just call on Monday or wait until my appointment Tuesday evening? Thanks for humoring my FTM freak out!
  • Options
    @jayandaplus, I agree with @hp_momma, if your back pain is timetable it's definitely worth calling. I notice my nesting urge is a lot stronger on the weekends. If you've been working on stuff around the house, that could be the culprit for more pain. As always though, trust your gut. If you feel like you should check with a doctor, call or go. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Trying to catch up. Two nights out in a row for us. School year end awards banquet last night and dinner out with friends tonight. It was fun to dress up for the banquet. DH looked so cute in his bow tie! I on the other hand resembled a floral covered whale and had to pee a minimum of 5 times during the event. We rarely do weekend babysitter needed things so it feels like I haven't seen DS in forever.

Cannot wait to see peeps shower pics! Also envious of everyone's nesting or at least your energy to do things. Hard core feet dragging denial is happening over here. 

@Jens_Hoes  I sterilize once (unless something gross happens) and I tend to not wash new clothes unless I think they will shrink a lot. I do wash anything used. I like how new clothes look vs after the first wash and have been fortunate that there were no skin irritation issues. 

@starphish18 I second (or third) the on lap burping so that you could used a burp cloth covered hand to catch any spit up. We also did it half way through a bottle or when switching sides. Sometimes this would overly upset our aggressive eater though and burping attempts would be cut short. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @hp_momma @chailife34 crazy record rain this year, but it's definitely good for all the spring and summer growth!

Being cooped up on rainy days makes time go so slowly. My body is a wreck and I am ready to have this bebé!
  • Options
    jayandaplus, it happened to me today at 34w5d and my OB said that it doesn't mean anything and not to worry, but I wasn't having any pain or contractions with it. I second everyone else that if you're having contractions, definitely call, but otherwise it's normal. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @jayandaplus If it is time, you'll do great!
  • Options
    @jayandaplus if it's time you got this!  Keep us posted!
  • Options
    Good luck, @jayandaplus! I think you and I are having a similar weekend!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    Good luck to you @kns1988 hopefully they pass over night
  • Options
  • Options
    Good luck @kns1988.  Hoping everything calms down for you soon! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    Good luck @jayandaplus and @kns1988! If it is the real thing I'm sure you'll both do great!
  • Options
    @kns1988 I'm glad you're having feelings of "okay". Hang onto those! Good that your DH is being supportive and attentive.

I don't know what your OB would say, but I would think they'd try to delay labor a little unless you were 6 cm dilated. My midwife said once you get to 6 cm it's go time, period. But they might try some easy, minor things, like the terbutaline shot, fl uids, bedrest, etc. to see if you respond to that. Especially with just having your shower, I wonder if "too much excitement" is thing? (I went to a soccer game last night that was very exciting and we keep joking it was too exciting for my uterus.)
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    Best wishes, @jayandaplus & @kns1988! What a nerve-wracking time! Try to breathe, count, and follow your providers' guidance, and you guys'll do awesome!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    This might vary my doctor, but my OB will stop labor before 36wks. If she can, obviously. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Sending all the good vibes your way, @jayandaplus and @kns1988! Keep us posted! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I think 35 is on the cusp, it's not a medical emergency, but LO would more than likely need oxygen and NICU time. I would think they'd still give steroid shots though, so they mustn't be too concerned if they haven't had you come in for that
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    @MollyandD i follow one local Russian-speaking one + i follow some pages like CloudMom and Pregnant Chicken

@achays11 wow, that's really cool! Whales are awesome!

@kns1988 looking forward to the pictures! Reading the posts further: oh dear, it sounds a bit early but that should still be fairly okay it seems. Good luck, hope they go away for now! At my last weeks appointment, at 37 weeks, they told me for the first time if i were to start going into labor after this they wouldn't attempt to stop it.

@jayandaplus every time i see 'randoms' autocorrected to 'ransoms' i lol a little bit inside. Good to hear you and the baby are okay!

We've done quite a bit of unpacking in the house, mainly kitchen stuff, went through 10+ tubs. Got our new king size mattress delivered, the washer and dryer came too, getting the internet on Tuesday and hopefully filling our propane tank on Thursday or so (it's pretty empty right now). This is all very exciting. I still have to do a work related certification exam on Friday so i'm staying put where there's internet, studying.
  • Options
    @jayandaplus and @kns1988 - glad babies are hanging in on the inside! T&Ps for you and your babies!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Sounds like everyone has had a pretty exciting weeken! Lots of nesting, possibly labor, and prepping! Thoughts and positive vibes to those having contractions! You'll do great if you do go into labor early!! :) 

We had our breastfeeding class and cpr class today. Learned some stuff in breastfeeding and they told me I should get the Medela PNSA starter kit through my insurance rather than the spectra. Cpr was basically a review for me because I was certified last year. Kind of annoyed to have paid and didn't get any certification, but it was a nice refresher. :) my back is a bit sore for sitting in the crappy chairs so just relaxin the rest of the night :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin