December 2017 Moms

Weekly appointments: 4/10-4/16

Anyone have an appointment this week?

I have my first on Thursday! Feeling good and hopeful but also eager to have it be here already. It's an ultrasound followed by an appointment with the doctor. Weirdly enough, my regular doctor is out on maternity leave, and the covering doctor is a man so I'm just a teeny bit uncomfortable with that, but there's not much I can do since it's just the two doctors in the office. I'm sure he's nice, it's just that I've never had a male physician, especially a male OB/GYN. DH will be with me and he's a lot more anxious than I am since the last time we were in the office together for an u/s with my first pregnancy, *TW* -- the u/s showed an empty gestational sac and my doctor gently told us to prepare for a miscarriage, which was probably as bad as any first ultrasound could go. So, obviously hoping this one goes a little bit better. I think I will be just a little over 6 weeks on Thursday so I'm crossing my fingers for a heartbeat!
Me: 33 DH: 34
Married: Oct 2015
TTC #1: Sept 2016
BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
TTC #2: July 2018
BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

Re: Weekly appointments: 4/10-4/16

• My doctors do not do ultrasounds and full on appointments until you are over 8 weeks so I have to go in on Friday to get my blood drawn to confirm my pregnancy and do an intake evaluation to get everything rolling. Hoping all goes well with everyone's appointments this week!
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • @missbmama sending lots of prayers for your dating ultrasound! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Intake appointment on Thursday. Blood work, history, and hopefully more clarification on if I'll be high risk and if I need to see a genetic counselor. 
  • @dragonette505 Fx for you! I'm sure your appointment will be totally fine and that little bean (beans? is that a possibility?) is stuck in there good :wink:
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kvacmak  Yup! I transferred two, so I'm going to keep referring to that until I know different
  • @dragonette505 FX for a happy appointment on Wednesday. I can understand why you're nervous but here's hoping for great news all around. :) 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
    Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

• @Marley629 thanks! and good luck to you on Friday! 

@justsuzie thank you, same to you! Let's send good vibes to each other at the doctor's office on Thurs. :)
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• @CandyApple2012 Yeah...... trying to keep positive, but I guess I like to be honest too! :) After*tw several losses end tw* it's hard not to be practical and just the eeensiest bit pessimistic ahead of these appointments. And I'm a born "glass half empty" girl! :) But thank you!! :)
  • @justsuzie Definitely sending positive vibes! Stick baby stick! I'm super nervous about another MMC, so I get the anxiety going in for ultrasounds too. I won't have mine until May 1st though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @justsuzie Thank you! I actually had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 1 day with my son and all they saw was the gestational sac and obviously that pregnancy turned out fine.  ***TW*** Unfortunately, after having my loss I really just want to get further along so there's something to see! ***End TW***  FX everything goes well at your appointment!
  • Thank you @acgonzalez22 I'm hoping my endo gets back to me soon! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @justsuzie sending positive vibes your way.  I'm sure the spotting was due to the sex.  I actually asked my doc about that today, and he said just to hold off for awhile to avoid undue anxiety.  Many women do report spotting afterwards and especially having a history of loss its best just to play it safe.  It isn't that sex isn't safe, it's more for peace of mind. 

Good of luck on Thursday!
  • You ladies are wonderful. 
  • My 1st appointment is Wednesday afternoon. So scared.
  • Called a new OB on Thursday and spoke with them today; due to *TW* my history of 2 very early losses *end TW* they wanted to get me in for betas ASAP, so we did that today. I'll go back next week, and then two weeks after to meet the doctor. So much waiting, but at least I'll know my numbers along the way! Hopefully the results come back tomorrow and look great. Sending good vibes everyone's way this week!
    Angela

Pregnancy Ticker

• We go for our 3rd beta on Friday, I'm ready for the US already.  I just need to make sure everything is fine and the baby is measuring right on time.  

****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • I had my second beta draw today and it almost tripled in 72 hours, so hopefully I'm fine until our first appointment with ultrasound in two weeks (I'll be about 6.5 weeks then).
  • OrlaaOrlaa member
    I have my first appointment tomorrow morning. I'll only be 4 weeks 5 days so I hope I'll be able to see something on the ultrasound.
    With my last pregnancy I had the first ultrasound scheduled for 8 weeks but didn't make it that far.
    Also since I've been having no symptoms I kinda just want confirmation that this is real.

I'm 34, SO 39
    TTC since July 2015
    Unexplained infertility - delayed/weak ovulation but don't know why
    BFP Feb 2016 MC at 6.5 weeks
    Started Clomid November 2016
    BFP March 2017 (third cycle on Clomid) HCG failed to rise, MC at 6 weeks.
    IUI July 2017 BFP which turned out to be CP
    IVF scheduled for Feb 2018

• @Orlaa FX that you get to see something on your US tomorrow! We need to get an ultrasound thread started...
  • I have my intake appointment tomorrow and I'm excited yet nervous this is baby #2 and pregnancy #3 *TW my first pregnancy ended with a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks that my doctor didn't catch till 12 weeks when I had my first ultrasound end TW* I was very cautious with my second pregnancy DD is now 16 months old, experienced really bad preeclampsia with DD so I know they'll be watching for that too with this one. So excited for all of us good luck with appointments mommas!!!!! 
  • I have one today (4/11) for betas. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have an appointment in an hour.  I had some brown spotting and my dr wants to do a viability scan.  Hate those words, "viability scan".  I am trying to stay optimistic but in my gut I feel like there is something wrong.  Only time will tell I suppose. I also have no pg symptoms so that is worrying as well. 
  • @justsuzie FX for a good appointment. Brown spotting isn't always bad, keep us updated. 
  • @justsuzie good luck!! Fx for a great appointment and a healthy babe! Let us know how it goes. 
  • @rainbowdashh, @Jellybelly119, and @jlemons-2 Thanks ladies. PGAL brain is driving me crazy.
  • @justsuzie Praying for great results! I am experiencing the same thing and go for an U/S on Friday. 
  • @justsuzie good luck! FX so hard for sticky baby! 
    Pregnancy Ticker