May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 4.3-4.7

1789101113»

Re: Randoms and Questions 4.3-4.7

• Options
    @bacorrea I personally would sit that one out. For me, the idea of having definite plans within the first couple weeks of baby's life sounds immensely stressful. I'd probably ask if I could RSVP a day or two beforehand, though, to see how I'd actually be feeling around then. If that wouldn't work, I'd just decline. I would think people would be very understanding if you didn't go, or had to cancel last minute, though (at least, I'd hope so).
  • Options
    jayandaplusjayandaplus member
    edited April 2017
    @hp_momma I can't believe he hasn't seen it! Are you sure he's not just disappointed with the name you chose?

@bacorrea I think it's great you found a snot sucker you like. Yes, I'd go ahead and sterilize unless you can find anywhere that says not to.

ETA If you feel up to going, go for it. Like mentioned, if you don't feel up to it the day of I'm sure they'd understand!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    So my future SIL bridal shower is May 21st. I'm due May 12th. If I go over I could go and be very pregnant, or I could go with a brand new baby. WWBD? It's only about 30min away and my sister and mom would be with me. I feel so bad missing it, I am supposed to RSVP by May 3rd. Would you go? 
    I probably wouldn't. I mean it's not even the wedding.
  • Options
    @bacorrea I would go and baby wear. If you're worried about being uncomfortable maybe ask to be seated near the back in case you need to excuse yourself. I also agree that I would hope people are understanding if you'd need to cancel last minute. 
  • Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    edited April 2017
    Nose fridas are awesome! Has anybody used the windi? Made by the same ppl but for gas?

As far as the shower goes, if you truly want to go you probably could (i took dd to my brothers reveal party for their baby a week pp) and if shes okay with you canceling last minute (which she ought to be) then you could atleast keep your options open!! 

Oh and the little combs from the hospital are way better than any baby hairbrush you will buy !! I plan om trying to get a few of those this time... They were wonderful in dds hair and helped tremendously with cradle cap!
  • Options
    redheelerredheeler member
    edited April 2017
    bacorrea said:
    So my future SIL bridal shower is May 21st. I'm due May 12th. If I go over I could go and be very pregnant, or I could go with a brand new baby. WWBD? It's only about 30min away and my sister and mom would be with me. I feel so bad missing it, I am supposed to RSVP by May 3rd. Would you go? 
    I had this issue with DS, I basically just told them there was a possibility I wouldn't be there, (wedding was on my due date) I ended up being induced 2 weeks early and we took him to the ceremony only then went home, this may be an option depending on how you feel about it, whether you've just given birth or you're 42 weeks pregnant you're going to be really uncomfortable.
    If it means a lot to you not to miss it, I would tentatively say yes with the note that you may not be there regardless, I'm sure they'll understand.

eta: I can't read apparently and for some reason read it as that was the date of the wedding -.- 
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I saw the Windi recently... I'm honestly freaked out (although I'll still do it if necessary) by a rectal thermometer so the windi doesn't look like something I'll want to use! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    I'm a no on sterilizing most things. If you're really paranoid with the bulb sucker just lift one from the hospital, they come in sterile packages. 
    This is a PSA for all the FTMs: take everything the hospital gives you to use for the baby! Diapers, wipes, combs, bulb suckers, little shampoo bottles... take it all! 
    Yes I believe anything you leave can't be used for another baby/mom so it will be thrown away if you don't take it. 
    And your insurance is already getting charged for it, so you might as well take what you paid for! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 Haven't used it yet, but plan to try out the windi if needed. I think it makes sense, so we'll see.
  • Options
    Anyone else considering the Owlet? It's a monitor the baby wears as a sock to alert you if they stop breathing. Considering this LO is coming early, my dad is gifting it to us (it's speedy but seems totally worth it). With DD I spent so many hours watching her sleep to make sure she kept breathing, so I'm praying this offers more peace of mind. Curious if anyone else has thought about it
  • Options
    Anyone else considering the Owlet? It's a monitor the baby wears as a sock to alert you if they stop breathing. Considering this LO is coming early, my dad is gifting it to us (it's speedy but seems totally worth it). With DD I spent so many hours watching her sleep to make sure she kept breathing, so I'm praying this offers more peace of mind. Curious if anyone else has thought about it
    I have heard that they can be really unreliable, they will go off for no reason or not go off when there is actually an issue
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    I've thought about it. We bought a Snuza for DD, but I was too nervous about false alarms to use it. I haven't read up on the Owlet a ton yet. Do you know if it has a lot of false alarms? 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Hahaha @clebl24 luckily you dont have to suck the windi... You just kind of insert it like a rectal thermometer and its supposed to release the gas. As many tummy troubles as dd had, i would try anything to help and it seems like that would be a huge help!
  • Options
    We got one.  We used a Snuza with DS2 and we were happy with it.  My husband is an engineer and the Owlet is his baby "thing", mostly because he wants to take it apart with the kids when we're done with it...
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • Options
    I was planning to pick up the windi for this baby, my ds had tummy troubles as well and I remember seeing it after he was several months old and I wished I saw it sooner! I read not to use it too frequently though so baby doesn't depend on it. 
  • Options
    I had a Snuza with DD and that damn thing false alarmed several times. Super scary. **TW**  I've since read that owlets, snuzas, angelcare, etc. would be of no help preventing SIDs as true cases of SIDS can happen in an instant and even in a parents' arms. That said, if it brings you peace of mind, it's up to you. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    I'm bumping on my work computer right now... and these signatures are too funny. Gosh, I've been missing out on sooooo much!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    I had a Snuza with DD and that damn thing false alarmed several times. Super scary. **TW**  I've since read that owlets, snuzas, angelcare, etc. would be of no help preventing SIDs as true cases of SIDS can happen in an instant and even in a parents' arms. That said, if it brings you peace of mind, it's up to you. 
    I guess I would rather have false alarms then it not alert, but does go to show the reliability factor can't always be counted on. So scary that it can happen so fast, even in parents' arms. Ugh! There's no easy answer in raising kids!
  • Options
    I thought about the Owlet but after reading reviews and what not decided against it. It doesn't completely safeguard against SIDS and as long as you are doing everything right, hard service on back etc your baby should be good. There is just no guarantee. Seemed like a lot of money to spend on something that wasn't a sure thing 
  • Options
    @chailife34 I haven't looked into it myself but my mom is giving it to us for this LO so we will use it even though she said the reviews aren't perfect I have a friend who liked hers and even if it brings slight peace of mind I think I'll be happy to have it. 
  • Options
    clebl24 said:
    Definitely take everything from hospital that isn't bolted down and don't be bashful about asking for more. My nurse at discharge was a new mom and she kept asking if I needed anything else so I asked her what did she think I would need since it was still fresh in her head.  She hooked me up with an extra nose bulb, diapers, wipes, gauze, neosporin, pp pantries, pads, etc.  
    To add to this, don't wait until your last day to start taking stuff! Start stashing a little bit of everything in your bag from day 1. The nurses walk in to see what you are low on, and will restock stuff immediately. I was lucky with one nurse who was actually stashing stuff away for me, but my discharge nurse wouldn't hand me anything else as we were packing up to leave! 

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    My goal is to get a few of the bulb syringes, instead of just one. The hospital ones are so much better than any of the ones I bought in stores. (We had a nose frida, too, but I found a bulb syringe easier to manage with a squirmy snotty baby.)
  • Options
    This is probably a FFFC but I even take a couple of the pads they have on your bed to protect it from bodily fluids.... obvi you aren't suppose to take them, but they are the best to have on hand and you can't buy them anywhere (at least not as good as the hospital ones that are washable). Especially during the first few weeks with bleeding then again during potty training....
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm weird on the Windi.  DS dealt with severe constipation issues and the pediatrician and GI didn't want him to have any unneeded rectal stimulation (fear of building up tolerance).  We lived by Gerber Soothe Drops though so will probably do that again.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN