May 2017 Moms
Options

**Great Big Labor Thread for the week of 4/3/17**

Re: **Great Big Labor Thread for the week of 4/3/17**

• Options
    CarmCeG said:

@kat81 So Tuesday, I noticed I started to lose pieces of my mucus plug, then yesterday I started to feel mild back pain followed by nausea-not to the point of throwing up.

I had eaten breakfast, and once these symptoms started I sat down, drank water and ate a banana, but I still felt the pulsing back pain throughout the day..

I did call my MW and she said if it was bearable I could wait to see her today at my weekly appt.

I don't know, I just have a feeling I'll be going into labor sooner than my DD. So, I'd like to know about experiences of the weeks leading up to DD..

@CarmCeG Based on the combined symptoms, it does sound like it's possible you might be going into labor soon. The mucous plug, back pain, nausea...all symptoms that were discussed at my labor and delivery class the other night. I hope it's just some coincidental uncomfortableness that goes away for you soon.
  • Options
    @schnitz9 I almost liked your post, then realized it's way too early for you to be there. I'm sorry, and I hope everything is ok! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@BeachMommy2B Right! I'm afraid of hearing the "oh, you're a new mom" from a nurse again..

BUT I'm still going to ask lol

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thinking of you @schnitz9!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @starphish18 @SWE2Thank you. I want little man to be inside for as long as possible. I'm still working, but if I have to stop working for a little more peace of mind I totally will!

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    T&Ps @schnitz9! I hope they can keep baby in there at least through the weekend and hopefully longer!

@CarmCeG - fx for a great appoinment that doesn't include active labor!

Thinking of you @chailife34 and @mamatowildones.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes that "miracle of birth" made me laugh so stinking hard my eyes are tearing up and my co-workers think I am insane.

Sending happy, positive vibes to all the ladies that need it! You got this!!
  • Options
     Good luck to all the ladies in L&D, thinking of all of you! 

• Options
    @schnitz9 sending you positive thoughts! Sorry about the prolonged hospital stay :/ but hopefully they can keep baby in for a little longer.

@mamatowildones what a crazy night you've had! I'm glad it didn't stick and the baby can cook a little longer. How are you feeling am after all that?
  • Options
    @schnitz9 So sorry you're in the hospital now but certainly the place to be with what you are dealing with. FX for stability and a good 48 hours to get the steroid shots in! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm guessing that some of you ladies being in L&D was being discussed in the randoms thread, which I have been MIA from for the past 2 1/2 days. (And now there's 328 posts, and frankly, I'm scared!) 

Good luck to all of you and I hope you all can keep those babies cooking for a bit longer! 
  • Options
    @achays11 there's about 90 posts on ice or slushies in random good luck catching up 
    @mamatowildones glad things slowed down! Hoping things stay calm
  • Options
    @mamatowildones What a ride, you're right! I'm sorry you're going through all of that but it's great to hear it seems like labor stopped, you get to go home, and baby gets to cook longer. Thinking about you!
  • Options
    So @erinh2005, what you're saying is a I need a slurpee before I start reading?  ;)
  • Options
    Thinking about you, your DH and precious baby, @schnitz9! Sending all good thoughts your way. 
  • Options
    @schnitz9 praying you get to Saturday!! 
  • Options
    Thinking of you @schnitz9!!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @schnitz9 I'm praying you make it to Saturday! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @schnitz9 FX baby stays put and no active bleeding. Lots of positive vibes being sent your way.

@mamatowildones glad to hear labor hasn't progressed and that you may be going home soon!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @schnitz9 praying for you! FX baby stays until sat or longer! 

@mamatowildones
    Hope you get to go home soon and baby stays put for a little while longer. You're in my T&Ps! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options

@schnitz9 so happy to hear an update! hoping baby continues to enjoy his womb longer!

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for updating us @schnitz9! Hang in there.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update! So glad baby is still waiting and hope those contractions slow down for you!! 
  • Options
    livin541livin541 member
    edited April 2017
    @schnitz9 glad to hear baby is staying put for now, but sorry you are having to deal with contractions for so long. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    @schnitz9 I'm glad to hear the bleeding has slowed down and baby is staying inside.  I'm hoping you can make it to tomorrow and then some.  Thinking positive thoughts for you.  
  • Options
    @schnitz9 - I hope baby stays put today and that you're feeling ok with all the contractions. Hugs!
  • Options
    @schnitz9 Just reading all these updates now--I'm so glad to see that things seem to be going in the right direction...thinking about you and hoping for more positive updates!!

@mamatowildones hoping you get to go home soon!! Thinking about you! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @schnitz9 ! I'm glad the baby is still staying put and the bleeding has slowed. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @chailife34 - Sounds like a rough day! Glad you had a reasonable doctor and got a better bed. Assuming they gave you real food and not clear liquids? Maybe your hospital has an IV team that can put in your next line. My last hospital did, and I was impressed at the miracles they performed. I think it's totally OK to tell your nurse that you're a hard stick in case IVs aren't her strong suit. It never offended me as a nurse. Hope you have a more restful night!
  • Options
    @chailife34 big hugs girl! Praying for smooth sailing until your C! 
  • Options
    @chailife34 Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry you had to got through all of that. I'm glad you're stable and baby is doing well. I know this far more than what you wanted, but it's good you get a csection date of 4/19, like you were hoping. As long as placenta and baby can hold tight! I'll hope for smooth sailing for you all.

You have such a good attitude about all of this. (All of you mamas in the hospital do!) Hang on to your positivity, you DW, and knowing that a sweet baby is your reward at the end. Thank you for updating us and letting us share in your journey. Know that we are thinking about you all the time and sending all of our positive thoughts and wishes your way!