July 2016 Moms
Options

March Randoms

123457»

Re: March Randoms

• Options
    Does anybody have book recommendations on adjusting to parenthood?  When I google this, I end up finding books focused on the baby but I'm more looking for something for myself.  Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    @babycakesday Haha, me too girl!  Hubby has been teasing little man (22-23lbs) for awhile now about how carrying him gave me super strong mom arms lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @FTM53 I'm so sorry to hear about them letting you go. But it sounds like good things are on the horizon! Good luck on Thursday! 
  • Options
    @FTM53, I am late, but I am so sorry and this sounds so ridiculous. I am so happy for you for the freelance opportunity!

• Options
    @FTM53 I'm so sorry! Fx on the freelance work! 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    Mom confession- when I get my period, I get the runs...today, I stole some of DSs diaper cream
  • Options
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear about that!! @ftm53 I hope the freelance place works out for you. 

There are some days where Elise is just the biggest grump ever and I want to get out of the house. Ideally we would go on a walk, but I live in the Pacific Northwest so that's not really the best option these days. (Why don't they make baby raincoats? Lol) Any suggestions?? She's really active and likes to cruise and crawl around so I feel like my options are limited. 
  • Options
    @FTM53 Stop it!!!! Um that's amazing!!!!!! Cha ching! Everything happens for a reason...at least I like to think so. 
  • Options
    Was backing out of my parking spot today and got in a lil fender bender.  Elijah is fine, he didn't even cry or anything. No actual damage to either car, just some paint got on both.  Do I need to do anything to make sure Elijah is okay?  He's acting completely normal.  I do know I need to replace his Graco4ever car seat now.  So much for lasting 10 years- it lasted 1 month.  :(
  • Options
    TiffRox81TiffRox81 member
    edited March 2017
    @austinjl Hopefully that info above helps. You prompted me to do some searching because I did not know that!

Sounds like if it does need to be replaced, you'd probably be going through insurance and filing a claim, in which case you'd add the car seat to your claim. 
  • Options
    Yea I put a call into my insurance company and I'm waiting to hear back.  The first person I talked to said I'd probably have to pay my deductible, which is more than the seat.  She was going to check on this and get back to me.  Trying to focus on the important thing that neither of us are hurt!!!!
  • Options
    @holly142 Thank you so much for the suggestions! I was thinking about it more, and I think my issue is that I feel odd hanging out somewhere with just Elise because she is so young. I think I need to try and schedule more play dates! 

@ldsjm123 Elise has the same issue! I'll ask about that at my next appointment!! Thank you! 
  • Options
    kmurdock925kmurdock925 member
    edited March 2017
    austinjlTiffRox81 said.  Insurance companies do use those guidelines as evidence to not replace a seat if it isn't warranted.  If any of the qualifications are questionable they probably will replace it, but if you're not getting your car fixed it may not be worth it based on your deductible.  If you were at fault for the loss the seat would fall under your homeowners insurance because the collision coverage on your car only covers the car itself, not contents.  If the other person was at fault it will fall under their property damage coverage.  You're probably better off replacing yourself if you're not worried about the accident.  Based on there being no damage other than some paint transfer my guess is it is probably fine.
  • Options
    @austinjl glad everyone is ok! Even the small accidents can still be scary.

I'm so excited for it to be nice out tomorrow finally! It's been rainy and windy here all week. I think we may make our first zoo excursion of the year :) We haven't been since E was 4 months old, and she loved it then. 
  • Options
    I've been sick since Wednesday and I knew it was a matter of time before both babes got it too. We were up all night with screaming, snotty babies. Thank god my mom was able to come over and help me today. Feeding them all the foods with vitamin C!!
  • Options
    @shaylalr- I totally get feeling weird being alone. When DD1 was a baby, I didn't know the other moms at the library. However, now 1 friend goes each week too and it makes it more fun! 

@shanparadise- I'm sorry all of you are sick. I'm glad you have help! 
  • Options
    Ughhh.... last night I went to the bathroom while Elijah was sleeping and heard a thud as I was washing my hands.  Yup, Elijah fell out of the bed.  He's okay and not hurt but clearly I can never leave him alone again even while sleeping!  He woke up, crawled over the sturdy pillow and fell all within the span of probably 20 seconds. Feeling like the worst Mom ever.......please tell me this has happened to somebody else!!!!
  • Options
    @austinjl Me...twice. Hard floors to boot. I'm glad he didn't hurt himself, mine got a good bump on the head. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    M's 2 bottom teeth are finally visible. She hates when we look, but there are holes, but they aren't through just yet. I was starting to think she was the last to get teeth.
  • Options
    Elijah still has zero teeth though has been chewing his hands more the past few days.  
  • Options
    L refuses to eat her warm foods when she's teething. Pretty much just wants her milk 24/7. She also hates when we try and get in there and look!! However, I happened to notice a 7th tooth when she was on my lap and we were playing over the weekend.
  • Options
    S has full force bottom teeth and we're working on the pointy tip of a top one but every time we try to open her mouth to look the stinker sticks her tongue out & blocks our view!
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 That's exactly how L's are too! He's definitely still toothless but you can see the hole/indentation where it's going to come in. He also REALLY hates when we try to see in his mouth lol