July 2016 Moms

March Randoms

Re: March Randoms

• @FTM53 HR has to be more understanding. I caanot imagine that they wouldn't understand. So sorry! Hope it works out. 
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    Yea, well...I hope so, but they already were complete jerks about sick leave, so...here's hoping 
  • Loading the player...
  • HeathereaddyHeathereaddy member
    edited March 2017
    So sorry to hear that @FTM53. I dozed off during a therapy session last week and felt like crap about it. my client was super understanding. Here's hoping your job is too. To fire you for falling asleep once sounds excessive.
  • I just have to add, as a work from home mom, I can't even imagine trying to stay awake if I was still at my 7:30-4 teaching job. I was just thinking about that today when I was slugging through the morning. So regardless of what your boss or HR might try to make you feel, I just salute all of you making it to work and being moms and wives and all the other roles you play. It will make me so mad if they fire you for that, it's not like you crawled under your desk and tried to sleep the day away. Ugh. Sorry. @FTM53
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • ^^wss I am a work from home mom too, I have always worked from home, and I think all of you ladies who go into work are metal. @FTM53 I am so sorry to hear this!! 
  • @ftm53 that sucks!  Hopefully they will work with you .  Hopefully somebody in HR has babies and more understanding.
  • Have any of you ladies bought a car adapter for your pump and mastered pumping in the car?  Seems like it could be a hassle but I'm considering it because my commute to work is 45 mins.... any tips?
  • Omg omg @FTM53!!!! That is so ridiculous. I cannot believe they could get away with that. I personally don't even think it warrants a warning but that seems like a better approach than terminating you. Ugh!! I will be thinking good thoughts for you. 
  • @austinjl Two of my friends love pumping in their cars! They get all set up before leaving and wear a cover. Saves time! I haven't actually done it, so no tips. 
  • I used to pump in the car all the time when my commute was an hour. I brought a pumping bra and would set up before taking off. I have a spectra 2 with the rechargeable battery which is convenient for pumping on the go. At first I would use a nursing cover then I said screw it and would just pull my shirt over myself. It was pretty easy! @austinjl
  • I think you're doing the right thing following your instincts. It can be hard when you feel like family doesn't support you or your decision 100% but stay strong!
  • L won't hardly go to anyone else. My husband and my mom. That's about it. And in that order...me, husband, mom. It is definitely challenging. Especially when people want to hold her. I keep telling myself the same....it's just a phase and it will pass. That is reassuring about the big personalities!! We've always thought that about her so maybe this confirms it lol!
  • FTM53 I'm so sorry!  Ditto to @TiffRox81 - I think a warning would be sufficient.  This is yet another prime example about why the US' maternity leave laws are terrible :( 12 weeks (if you're lucky) is no where near enough.
  • YES I definitely heard that too about the hugs/kisses, @LDSJM123. And I agree. My husband doesn't totally get that. He's such a lover so he thinks hugs are awesome, lol. I think I'm going to find a few of those articles and make him read them. They explain it nicely. As for the clinging, it is what it is there. I'm personally not going to make her do anything she isn't comfortable with. I think with time, she'll outgrow that.
  • @FTM53 I'm so sorry! Hopefully you get off with just a warning, I feel like if it's only happened once that shouldn't be grounds to fire you. Ridiculous.
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    edited March 2017
    So...they effing fired me. Claimed it was a 'division policy". Now I have to pull my son out of an amazing daycare where they probably won't have a spot for him once I find a new job. 

Oh, and I just got my period cause today wasn't stressful enough. 
  • @FTM53 oh no. I'm so sorry. Creepy internet hugs! 
  • @FTM53 So sorry to hear that. Positive job finding thoughts headed your way!
  • @FTM53 I really can't believe they fired you! I'm so sorry. Sending positive vibes & I hope you find a new job (with a more compassionate boss) soon
  • Omg. I am so sorry @FTM53! That is super crappy. I hope you find something better fast. Which I'm sure won't be hard to do it sounds like. Did they actually terminate you or "lay you off?" do you have a shot at unemployment?
  • @FTM53 Unreal. I'm so sorry. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • So ridiculous! Ugh, so incredibly sorry. @FTM53
  • @FTM53 So sorry,  that's total crap! 

@LDSJM123 I've read a few of those articles, and completely agree. Whether it's affection or being held etc. I first read it when our oldest was a young toddler, and have (and will) just continue it. Family is super respectful of it, and DH's grandma even mentioned how forcing affection and such can cause resentment/not wanting to go to people's houses etc  and she wanted the kids to feel safe and want to be at Nanny's. Honestly for us it just made sense, since we are big on body autonomy. 
    We do praise affection though (ex: Mama loves when you give kisses!, You give the best hugs! I love when you give lovies!) So he is pretty affectionate with us, but weary of unknown people. (AND never any negative anything if they don't want someone or to give affection to someone)

L is super insanely clingy as well! @babycakesday@arhodes6 and I don't let him cry. It hurts me. Plus he is one of those kids that if he gets upset, it is hard to calm him and he will cry til he pukes... I honestly probably hold him more of the day than he is down. I'm ok with it... People that don't like it can kick rocks lol
  • @joberkiser Yeah, I carry Baby J more than she's on the floor. That's probably why she'll never learn to crawl. But on the upside, I can carry costco size dog/cat food bags like no big deal now from my super strong mom arms. 
  • FTM53 - ugh I'm so sorry :(  I know this is cliche but everything happens for a reason and hopefully a better opportunity will come your way.  In the mean time- you'll get tons of baby snuggles and a chance to hit the "reset" button.
  • @FTM53 HR reps are seriously the most heartless & cold people (sorry for any bumpies that work in HR). My mom was recently let go in almost the exact same way - "policy infraction". Someone she supervised claimed sexual harassment and they let my mom go because she "signed the policy" without asking if there was any truth to the claims.
    Sending you creepy internet hugs & a speedy job search! In the meantime, enjoy those extra baby snuggles as I sit here bumping at work ;)
  • @ftm53 that sucks so bad!!!  Positive vibes your  way!
  • Good luck @FTM53
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker