July 2017 Moms

Nurseries

Re: Nurseries

• @Rae1 that closet is amazing, all the organizational spots make me happy!

@Poppyseed72017 I love those ideas! We are also team green and also thinking a neutral naturey theme. Those poppy sheets are gorgeous! 
  • Everyone's posts are making me realize that I need to go through my and my husband's closets to see where I can make room.
  • Loading the player...
  • @stokesm21 Looks amazing already!
  • @stokesm21 love the pink and white balls and the rug!  Is the glider leather?  Looks comfortable!  Where is it from?
  • @stokesm21 That will look amazing! Love the pink and gray. I think we are going with the same colors. Still deciding.

This was DD1's tiny nursery. We are using the same crib and dresser, but hoping to get a more comfortable glider. It's funny how quickly your taste changes too. Three years ago I was all about turquoise and pink and now I'm leaning toward other colors.

I am also jealous of @Rae1 's closet organization. This baby's future closet is full of DH's clothes and shoes, and I'm not really sure where to put them as our bedroom closet is packed full of my clothes! I guess I'll have to downsize my wardrobe.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @acstec1 climbing out at 18 months wow!  I don't think our toddler is there yet.  Good luck with the move to the new room!
  • @stokesm21 love the pink and white balls and the rug!  Is the glider leather?  Looks comfortable!  Where is it from?
    I wish haha!  Bonded leather.  It's from Walmart which I was a bit iffy about but BRU had the same brand but a different model at their store so I was able to try it out.  Comfy!  I don't think this one is sold in the U.S though.  It's Charleston by Concord Furniture I believe? 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • I have no idea what we're doing. I don't want a theme at all but want it to look like it all belongs together and I don't have any decorating skills at all. With dd we were team green and we're keeping the room fairly neutral until after she was born, but with an animal theme to it. Everyone gave me so much animal themes stuff and expected us to display it somewhere in her room. What a mess. 

@kerils We have a pnp mattress that I bought on Amazon for around $30.00. It's great! Way better than the one that comes with it. It's the Dream on Me 3.

• So much cuteness going on!

We just got the new carpet in our bedrooms/hallway after my husband finished scraping the ceilings and repainting all the rooms and I'm so excited (and the carpet is amazing and cushy, esp. compared to the old stuff!). The nursery looks great and we started shopping for furniture to put on our registry this past weekend. We haven't gotten any of it yet as we're still using the rooms to move things around/storage as we finish the other rooms in the house.

We're going with a pack N play with the bassinet option to start with and then will move on to the convertible crib after awhile. Can't wait to get my hands on some of this stuff and get it all set up!
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Ommmg so we did our furniture trough pottery barn kids and all I can say is STAY AWAy. They sold us a whole set and didn't tell us the line was being discontinued. Our cribs came in and then we were waiting on the double dresser. I called to check the status and they cancelled our order and said it's discontinued. Meanwhile they're still selling said dresser online. I can't even. I know there's a solution but dang I'm PO'd - I like things to match ya know!? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 omG I hate when that happens! I hate when my fav thing gets discontinued too (bed covers etc) because what if you need a replacement?! Sorry about that !!
  • @Cait32 OoOo I love the mint and navy combo!! SO pretty!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ommmg so we did our furniture trough pottery barn kids and all I can say is STAY AWAy. They sold us a whole set and didn't tell us the line was being discontinued. Our cribs came in and then we were waiting on the double dresser. I called to check the status and they cancelled our order and said it's discontinued. Meanwhile they're still selling said dresser online. I can't even. I know there's a solution but dang I'm PO'd - I like things to match ya know!? 
    Uhh... we also did our nursery furniture through PBK and chose a double dresser. This really freaks me out. What are you guys going to do?
  • @oheliza44 did you get the Emerson? I went to the store w the intention of buying a different white dresser only to find out that they don't have the same white in any other collection. The woman at the store was helpful but I was about to return the cribs as well and just get a whole new set. The store associate got on the phone w some people and long story short she said they apparently started using a new distributor for that dresser and that they changed the sku so they couldn't find any that were available. She got the new sku and they apparently have 100 left. So now I am told it WILL be shipped to us mid April. I am not convinced though so I made sure they'd still take back the cribs later in case it gets cancelled again. I seriously hope it doesn't happen to u! I honestly want to take my business elsewhere after this, but just hoping this dresser shows up. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am loving everyone's ideas! We are moving when this baby is 4 months old so we won't be doing much here but I can't wait to get to our new place and put some ideas into the room. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Which app do you guys use to make these inspiration boards? Your colors look great, @Cait32 !
  • oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited March 2017
    @irishrose54 yes! I did get the Emerson double dresser and the crib in white. Ah I am going to have to call tomorrow to confirm it will arrive as planned! When I ordered it they mentioned they were switching paints and for whatever reason the newer paint was cheaper in the system- I have no clue if I got the 'new' or 'old' paint style and frankly I don't care as long as they match the crib and actually arrive as promised. I was so excited because I got them super cheap due to a system glitch (I could stack coupons on furniture of all things) and now I am really freaked out!

Ps- you have good taste. ;)

ETA- how did you know this happened? I ordered mine in the store so I don't have a tracking/order number I can use for checking online status. We are also having it shipped to the store for pickup because the home delivery cost was over $700. (Who in their right mind would pay that for delivery?! It is twice the price of the crib!)
  • @MJ8215 I just used Microsoft Word! lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Cait32 we are having a girl and our room is gray/navy with white furniture and pops of mint too!! Love the combo, I think it works for any gender but it's so much fun starting to find stuff we like to accent everything!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • We painted the walls and ceiling this weekend. You can't see it, but there is a small moulding at the top and we are trying to decide what color to paint that. DH wants to do a light pink, but I don't want the room to be too too baby-ish if we decide to move. Thoughts? It's literally the only room in the house with ceiling moulding, but it's glued on, so it would be a pita to remove. 

New carpet will be in next week and furniture is white. This wall will have the dresser with a changing pad on top. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline Have you gotten your dresser already? I'm curious if it's a true white. I'm definitely leaning toward getting the same one. When our boys eventually share a room it would be nice to have a good sized dresser with lots of storage space! 
  • My husband randomly started moving some furniture around this weekend. It wasn't much, but it does represent two less steps we have between us and a working nursery!
  • mamadcb said:
    @maybeitsmadeline Have you gotten your dresser already? I'm curious if it's a true white. I'm definitely leaning toward getting the same one. When our boys eventually share a room it would be nice to have a good sized dresser with lots of storage space! 
    Oh girl yes. We got it two weekends ago and it's sitting in three lovely brown cardboard boxes waiting to be built!   :D

DH hasn't even taken it upstairs yet and I'm sick of seeing it in my living room.  I'll break the box open and take a pic of the color for you tonight!  I think it's supposed to be a bright white, but I haven't seen it since we picked it out in January.  Stay tuned!  :)

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @oheliza44 so we didn't get charged for delivery...I think bc they saw how pissed I was? But the rate for the cribs to be delivered was $100 (we picked those up in store- I can't believe they are charging $700 to deliver that sounds batty!!) And I just got a phone call that it's coming tomorrow. But now hearing they switched paints makes me think none of it will match. If I went through that BS for it not to match I'll make them take everything back. That would be awful! 
    I was able to find out about the cancellation because my mom bought it as a gift for us and emailed me the receipt so that I could figure out the delivery. I called multiple times and they kept saying it was on backorder. I called a third time and the lady was like "oh that order was cancelled and we are sending your mom a pb gift card" ummm wtf. No you're giving her her money back. Annnnyyyway the saga continues. I'll let you know if the paints match. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh I'm sad. The crib I was just about to order isn't the colour it looks in the photos. Now I have to change it all up. I was quite sure of the entire room until I saw the real colour of the crib (it's a greenish full gold kind of like a hospital bed blekh)Does this one go with my theme now? I'm sad. I really wanted a gold crib. 
  • @BusyZee I think it still goes! Looks like you have a couple other natural wood items in your plan so the crib should fit right in. 

@maybeitsmadeline Thank you! I'll be curious to hear. It looks like a great dresser. Did you get any of the storage baskets to go in the drawers?

We got our old guest bed out of the new room today so now I just have to sell the dresser (it's the tall kind so won't work as a changing table, nor does it match) and then we'll have a clean slate! 
  • @irishrose54 that is so annoying- please keep me updated. FX everything works out and the paint matches. Also, from my understanding they were just moving from one type of paint to a water-based paint. I don't know if that will affect the coloration or not so hopefully it won't be an issue? 
  • @oheliza44 I'm on the edge of my seat today waiting for these delivery dudes haha. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll def let you know/snap a pic! is your order still on order? Hopefully it didn't get cancelled like mine did, but probably not...I feel like mine was just crap luck at this point.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54
    we almost had something like that happen with us at BRU - tried to buy online and while it said it was available, wouldn't allow us to deliver at home or at store. After spending quite a lot of time with an associate, we finally figured out that they're updating inventory and the item we were trying to get was just being treated like  a new item (so not "in stock") and that we should be able to order it again in a couple of weeks when their system is up to date. (They couldn't even order it in the store). We were worried there for a bit because it's the was the only piece of the set we had already bought that we couldn't get and the one we esp. wanted. Hopefully all will be well soon :) 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited April 2017
    @caribbeanmama @acstec1 I saw both of you got your cribs/furniture from RH and would love to know if 
    a) you guys are members 
    b) if it works to become member and then cancel the meberbship once the item is recieved. Also any way to avoid shipping costs etc (I live close to a branch so I will going there soon too) but would love to know how you guys went about this before heading out. Thanks!
  • @irishrose54 somehow I overlooked these posts but yayyyy for delivered matching furniture!!!! It looks fantastic!

• So, I'm still in the digital planning stages, but could use some advice from you guys since you are way more talented decorators than me judging by everyone's posts! 
    Our nursery is currently the guest room / office and the only items in there are a desk, a sofa bed, and a small bookshelf, otherwise the room is empty and waiting to be filled with baby stuff. I want to keep those existing items - without them clashing with baby's things. 

This is what I'm currently thinking:

Top row - existing furniture

rest - baby furniture I like so far 

the current desk and bookshelf would be on the far side of the room, baby gets the remaining 75% of room. Does the wood clash with the grey?

also I realize the sofa is a cherry fabric and we're having a boy but I don't feel strongly that boys stuff has to be blue. If the cherry ends up clashing with other decor we can replace the cover pretty cheap though (IKEA).

thanks in advance for your decorating wisdom :)
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    @mj8215 I don't think the cherry is a girly cherry colour at all, it is all quite neutral when put together and inclining more towards boyish/masculine look in my opinion. It all goes perfectly well. If anything, the cherry goes better with the grey than the other two office pieces. 
  • @mj8215 I certainly don't think it would be the end of the world to have the wood finish and the gray in the same room, but I do think it would bother me. Could you convince your husband to take on a painting project? :) It may be more trouble than it's worth just for aesthetics... depends how important it is to you. The baby surely won't care! Regarding the cherry sofa, that doesn't strike me as too girly at all. 

@maybeitsmadeline In an interesting turn of events, my purchase of the IKEA dresser looks like it will be postponed for a few years. I posted my (too tall) dresser for sale on the local moms' FB page and the buyer came today. We got talking about what I'm looking for and it turns out she is buying this to replace her son's white dresser now that he's older! So we decided to do a trade plus she'll pay me $45 for mine. I definitely come out ahead of if I had bought the IKEA dresser but it's taking a few hours for the vision I had to adjust :) She's going to take off the stickers and we're going to touch up the paint, but here's what we're getting (minus the toys, ha): 
  • @mj8215 you can add gray accent pillows to the cherry chair and maybe a throw blanket or baby blanket in that cherry color to your glider to tie the upholstered furniture pieces together. The clashing wood colors would bug me in the same room but that just me. If your DH is up for it like mentioned before maybe paiting the existing furniture. I actually spray painted my furniture to accent colors in my living room and entry. It was easy and came out loooking great. I used a satin finish spray paint.
  • @mamadcb Hey that's great!  So sorry I haven't had a chance to snap a pic, but doesn't look like you'll be needing it after all!  I'm glad that saved you some money because who doesn't love saving money???  :)

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker