July 2017 Moms

AE's

124»

Re: AE's

• Loading the player...
  • @LuLiLaEv thank you for understanding and not judging too harshly!  :)
  • @rjoys8 I think that was the way to do it right  ;)
    Welcome out of the shadows, I hope to see you post more. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • LuLiLaEv said:
    rjoys8 said:

I'm one of the guilty lurkers, which I didn't realize until now was super creepy. But you're right it totally is and I'm sorry! 

I introed back in November, am on the spreadsheet, and posted a couple times, but after the nausea hit at 6 weeks I couldn't spend more than 5-10 minutes on my phone or any screen without feeling sooo seasick. So I stopped logging on altogether. I've been lurking the past few weeks and trying to decide if I wanted to post again, but with all the drama surrounding new people I got nervous and didn't really know how to become reactive after such a long time without making people mad! 

Anyway, just wanted to apologize for being an internet creeper. I'll hopefully contribute more if that's OK! :(:(:( 
    @rjoys8 I just wanted to say I really appreciated this! We actually just had a blow up in my FB group from DD because many of the contributing members were not comfortable with the amount of lurkers in the group. Unfortunately the admins sided with the lurkers and it caused a bunch of us to leave for safety reasons. I really appreciate you calling yourself out as a lurker and realizing it's creepy! :D As a participating member (I hope I'm considered active!) I hope more lurkers will take this as an opportunity to come out and join in the conversations. It seems like everyone wants in the FB groups when that time comes, and don't realize that even though they "know" us, we don't know them! I also acknowledge that you are totally right in that you might have been called out by some of us and that it's intimidating to join after being quiet for so long, so hopefully some of us more active members will keep that in mind and welcome the lurkers!!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that and welcome back and I hope you feel more comfortable posting going forward!
    I hate how many people are lurkers on fb in general! There are soooo many people that never post anything but are on there 24/7! Unfortunately my DH and BFF are two of the worst offenders....
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • About to hop in bed here but how do I join the PG? I did not read thru all the responses, sorry if mentioned there! Will look in the morning.
  • @LoveLee85 Are you mobile? If you are, go to community, groups and look for July 17 Moms <3. Click that and join group. :)
  • @SaphireSweetie88 sent a request out
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @LuLiLaEv You said that perfectly!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • clioclio member
    Speaking as someone who is not a frequent poster but who tries to be a good citizen here, I am worried that a PG will alienate people like me who like to follow certain threads and post a couple times a week but for whatever reason do not have the ability to post more frequently. I am a shy person both online and in real life, and it has taken a lot for me to break out of my shell to share personal stuff here. I just hope the main board remains active enough for me to eventually reach the threshold of "regular." At the same time, given the crazy that has erupted here, I totally get it. Hopefully our group can achieve the right balance.
  • I believe both groups will be active.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I believe both groups will be active.

stuck in the box

I agree that they'll both be active. I don't think traffic will slow to a halt unless all kinds of crazy just breaks loose.  And even then that sometimes makes traffic increase lol. I know Thursdays are super active!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • :) I feel better now... 
  • Clio said:
    Speaking as someone who is not a frequent poster but who tries to be a good citizen here, I am worried that a PG will alienate people like me who like to follow certain threads and post a couple times a week but for whatever reason do not have the ability to post more frequently. I am a shy person both online and in real life, and it has taken a lot for me to break out of my shell to share personal stuff here. I just hope the main board remains active enough for me to eventually reach the threshold of "regular." At the same time, given the crazy that has erupted here, I totally get it. Hopefully our group can achieve the right balance.
    This is where I'm at.  I try to post as often as I can but real life keeps me busy and I'm not a huge internet person.  But I contribute where I can.  I was kind of surprised when in the other post others didn't recognize me as I thought I was contributing member and not a full fledge free riding lurker.  It's hard to say what is acceptable.  I do try to follow the rules and have seen all the crazies that have come and gone.  But for me, I'd rather keep to this board as I don't think I can keep up with multiple ones just seeing how I'm doing on this one. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @SparkyOne It's been said before, but I highly doubt this board is going to completely stop...it already has been more active the past few days than I've seen it in a while.  If nothing else, this has encouraged several inactive or low-activity members to start participating more, which makes me happy.

Also, PS, I recognized your name, probably because of the spreadsheet, but I still did :)
  • Thanks for the reassurance.  I was feeling like a low-life for a while there.  I missed the messages about there being two boards so that's good news.  I applied for the PG but not sure if I'll be accepted though.  Either way, it's good to have at least one.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wow great detective work! 
    I have to admit I only remember to post in the weekly ticker posts and then here and there when I can but I enjoy having a bmb for this pregnancy. My first bmb moved to FB and we had some growing pains (aka blow ups) but now over 3 years later we have a great group of around 35 ladies. I do enjoy once the groups get smaller and it's easier to keep up with so I would love to join the private group if you ladies would be okay with that :smile:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers