September 2017 Moms

Anyone thinking names yet?

Re: Anyone thinking names yet?

• @HollyGolightly09 I love both Navy Mara and Navy Marisa. They are both beautiful!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 I think both of them sound very sweet. I like the combination of the two names. 
  • Loading the player...
  •  @HollyGolightly09 I think I like Navy Marisa a little more, just because I prefer a longer MN with a shorter FN. Also, Navy Mara has a bot of an off-beat feel to it, like the actress Rooney Mara. That's not a bad thing at all, that's just what it reminds me of. 

• Navy Marisa is beautiful!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• I like Navy Marisa as well. Have you considered spelling it Marissa? Just asking because either have a friend who spells it this way. Not sure there's a "correct" way to spell it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We don't have a girl name yet (we can't agree on anything!) but I've been tossing around Elias Reynolds for a boy name. I'm curious what y'all think of Elias? I really like it but I don't know anyone named Elias! What comes to mind when you hear that name? There's not any crazy serial killers named Elias right? 
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited March 2017
    We don't have a girl name yet (we can't agree on anything!) but I've been tossing around Elias Reynolds for a boy name. I'm curious what y'all think of Elias? I really like it but I don't know anyone named Elias! What comes to mind when you hear that name? There's not any crazy serial killers named Elias right? 
    Funny you say that... I don't want to ruin you on the name but a friend of mine from 6th grade-junior high is named Elias. He just got arrested for stabbing his roommate. Apparently he started saying satanic things and then just stabbed the guy. He was always a very odd kid and he never used deodorant so he was the smelly weird kid :( he's got a few more charges and I think they may include drugs. 
  • mrsmarygs said:
    I like Navy Marisa as well. Have you considered spelling it Marissa? Just asking because either have a friend who spells it this way. Not sure there's a "correct" way to spell it.
    I have both friends!

Marisa is pronounced "ma-rees-a" like Maria.
    And Marissa is pronounced "ma-riss-a".. haha like it's spelled. Like Melissa.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Help needed....we are having a girl as y'all know & can't decide on the spelling. Her name will be Nora Corrine....but we aren't sure if we should spell it Nora or Norah and Corrine or Corrinne or Corrin. Thoughts ladies?
  • Oh and @HollyGolightly09 what about Marin for a middle name? Just another thought on the whole 'M' name options...I think Navy is a beautiful first name and Marissa or Marisa is great too!

@amandarene112, I love Samuel as it can also represent that verse in 1 Samuel 1:27 (For this child we have prayed)....& I know y'all mentioned you had been trying for a few years and had suffered some losses.
  • @jutondreau  I like Marin, too... thanks! 

I definitely prefer the spelling Corinne, but I like both spellings of Nora(h). I would probably go with Nora, personally, just to simplify a little. That is a beautiful name!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jutondreau
    Nora is our #1 girl name too. I also wondered about the spelling, but think it's simpler without the h. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • mrsmarygs said:
    I like Navy Marisa as well. Have you considered spelling it Marissa? Just asking because either have a friend who spells it this way. Not sure there's a "correct" way to spell it.
    I have both friends!

Marisa is pronounced "ma-rees-a" like Maria.
    And Marissa is pronounced "ma-riss-a".. haha like it's spelled. Like Melissa.
    Oh thanks! I had no idea they were pronounced differently.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • *snip*
    Funny you say that... I don't want to ruin you on the name but a friend of mine from 6th grade-junior high is named Elias. He just got arrested for stabbing his roommate. Apparently he started saying satanic things and then just stabbed the guy. He was always a very odd kid and he never used deodorant so he was the smelly weird kid :( he's got a few more charges and I think they may include drugs. 
    Dude, you dont want to ruin the name so don't. I think its kind of crappy to drop a story like that on a name someone likes.

Maybe this is a UO but doing stuff like this was one of my biggest pet peeves when I was pregnant. Everyone has a story about a name connection. Its not cool to put your personal issues with it on to someone else. Its not like she was thinking of Charles Manson or Adolph and she spelled it correctly so its not flame worthy.

FTR: I like the name OP.

*steps off soapbox*

• We don't have a girl name yet (we can't agree on anything!) but I've been tossing around Elias Reynolds for a boy name. I'm curious what y'all think of Elias? I really like it but I don't know anyone named Elias! What comes to mind when you hear that name? There's not any crazy serial killers named Elias right? 
    I googled the name and the first five names that popped up were no one bad. A couple movie stars, a wrestler, and an inventor from the 1800s.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love all the different names I'm reading! Just such a wide variety!
    Boy name we' e been set on since baby #1, if she (Charlotte) ended up being a boy. Girl names still up in the air!

Boy (middle name Leif after hubbys grandfather)
    Logan Leif

Girl (middle name Jenna after hubbys sister, Jennifer, who he has always been super close with)
    Harper Jenna
    Ashlynn Jenna
    Madelynn Jenna

• @MrsDaniel315 I actually really like Elias. We would probably consider it, but the s ending runs into our last name, and it doesn't sound good. :/  I like checking names on Nameberry, because they give a nice summary of the name's meaning and history, as well as a list of notable people with that name.
    https://nameberry.com/babyname/Elias/boy

• @HollyGolightly09 @jutondreau I second Nora Corinne!
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @wyomama0427

she did ask if there were any crazy people or serial killers with the name...so you technically answered her question...
  • I didn't intend any malice. He would have been a crazy roommate stabber whether his name was Elias or not. He was very sweet to me in sixth and seventh grade. 
  • I really didn't mean anything by it at all..
    he's not crazy because of his name. I'm going to go hide in shame for a while...

• @wyomama0427 I don't think anyone's shaming you, or thinks you meant anything with malice. No need to hide. :)

• Gif in spoiler for profanity 

• @mrsmarygs actually yes, very much so. I'm having a very very bad day, DH dropped a bomb on me yesterday on our way home from the doctor. 
  • @wyomama0427 Aww, you sounded kind of emotional. If you need to talk anything out, just PM me. I'm a really good listener :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsmarygsmrsmarygs member
    edited March 2017
    Duplicate.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsmarygsmrsmarygs member
    edited March 2017
    Another duplicate. My computer hates me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh man, that is unfortunate. I know every name has a few crazies attached to it and that doesn't scare me. I was more looking out for any famous Charles Manson type people connected to Elias. lol. Or even just someone famous for doing something really dumb. I just didn't want to saddle the kid with that! Ha! So far it's looking good though! 
  • Ah! This app is hard!  I was trying to reply to a specific comment not to the whole thread. *hangs head*
  • @MrsDaniel315 It's a little confusing at first. Most people either use the Quote button, or just tag the person, like I just did with you. Either way, that specific person will get a notification.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmarygs actually yes, very much so. I'm having a very very bad day, DH dropped a bomb on me yesterday on our way home from the doctor. 
    I'm right there with you... DH just sent me a text that ruined my entire day.
     I'm sorry your day sucks, too. (Hugs)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsDaniel315 Elias was our #1 choice for a boy's name (but we found out early we are having a girl). I love it. I know one Elias and he is lovely, FWIW.  :)
  • @SanyaSana Typical is a regional thing. That's a beautiful name, and I bet the MN will be really meaningful to your dad!