May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

• Tinybeans looks perfect for what we wanted, thanks @mdlorenz!
  • Loading the player...
  • @kayemjay2 how you feeling now? It's always a good idea to check with the dr! Don't be afraid 
  • @Yiggle09 - Thanks for asking, I did end up calling. Doc says it's likely viral and will play out. She recommended the BRAT diet + Gatorade...neither of which I can do until lunch, since I'm at work. I feel awful, but don't want to use my PTO, since it eats away at any pay I might get during maternity leave :/ 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @kayemjay2 feel better! there is nothing worse than just wanting to go home, but having to horde every bit of PTO for leave!
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kayemjay2 said:
    @Yiggle09 - Thanks for asking, I did end up calling. Doc says it's likely viral and will play out. She recommended the BRAT diet + Gatorade...neither of which I can do until lunch, since I'm at work. I feel awful, but don't want to use my PTO, since it eats away at any pay I might get during maternity leave :/ 
    Hope you feel better! 
  • @BeachMommy2B I wore the same sandals my feet swelled (?) in last week and it only been an hour and I can already tell they're a bad choice. They're just a little too small/ tight. Guess I'll be doing some shoe shopping.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe I found some flip flops (I think at TJ Maxx) that i would consider a little dressier, and the sole says its made out of yoga foam, so super soft. So worth the switch.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @llenadevida900 Moana is super emotional! (Spoiler alert!): The day we took DD to the theater we got the call on the way that DHs grandma passed away...So needless to say lots of tears happening throughout the movie. It gets better with time tho! 
  • Sorry for such a stupid use of spoiler button I can not figure it out but anyway it's a Moana spoiler...
  • @nda_roxybabe People have answered, but a couple google searches might help as well. Or your hospital may have a template.

@mdlorenz Love all of the recommendations your giving!!

@SKZW Glad the bedrest isn't as strict. Thinking about you!

I had so many other comments and shout outs, but can't remember them all! To those not feeling well, I hope you feel better. To those with BH or pregnancy related medical things going on, hope it gets better soon!
  • @starphish18 we've been using TinyBeans and we like it so far! And that way if family doesn't want to see, they can ignore it if I post a million pictures.
  • @jayandaplus Yup, I'm using what @mdlorenz gave me combined with stuff I found online. So far it's a lot of "whatever is best", "whatever my Dr. thinks", and "If I feel like it" hahaha
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @jayandaplus Yup, I'm using what @mdlorenz gave me combined with stuff I found online. So far it's a lot of "whatever is best", "whatever my Dr. thinks", and "If I feel like it" hahaha
    This is exactly how I was, and I found that it made it so much less stressful. I went in feeling knowledgeable about what my options were if it was brought up but I didn't have strict expectations. I figured if I can't trust my doctor then I picked the wrong one from the beginning! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @nda_roxybabe I say new thread. It's hard to keep full conversations organized in Randoms/Questions.
  • @kayemjay2 BIL just had one a couple months ago and said he was shocked how easy the recovery was, like totally NBD. I wouldn't let him milk it.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @bacorrea - Yeah, I'm not thrilled. It works out for his work schedule, and my sister/mom will be in town to help with DS and baby DS2, so I'm not pushing it too hard. Also, apparently they don't confirm sterility until 12 weeks after the procedure, so I've vetoed sex during that time...haha. That part of the "recovery" can coincide with mine, since he won't be coming near my lady parts for a while post-birth anyways. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @nda_roxybabe, I think a "Birth Questions" thread is a great idea. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @kayemjay2 Hahaha!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • bacorrea said:
    kayemjay2 said:
    This is probably petty and unfair of me...DH is scheduling his vasectomy for the beginning of June (I'm due at the end of May) and keeps talking about how we'll both be "recovering." From what I've read about vasectomies, they are nowhere near as physically traumatic as childbirth. Our recoveries will not be the same, or even on the same level. If he tries to steal my thunder or try to push work off on me during that time, I will flip out. Considering how he handles man colds, it's not going to be pretty. 
    Umm if he was my DH he would be rescheduling. It's not like there is a rush. You shouldn't have sex for AT LEAST 6 weeks PP.
    Yepp my DH hasn't even scheduled his yet. My OB asked what my plans were between then regarding BC since it can take awhile to get a referral. I just laughed at him. But in all seriousness I'll probably just take the mini-pill until everything is done with DH just be safe. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @kayemjay2 That sounds stressful! But I'm glad he thinks it won't be as bad as a man cold. :)
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    edited March 2017
    Just got confirmation that my old employer, which is 4 hours away from where I live now, is buying my new employer. Well, they say they're "affiliating" but the rumors are that they're looking to acquire us, and an acquisition could mean I'd lose my job because they'd likely consolidate IT. I can't stress too much about it, though... the process will probably drag on for a year at least and there's no guarantee that they'll cut our positions. At least I left the last employer on really good terms. This is great timing with having a baby and buying a house  :/ ETA: I'm the breadwinner in our household (I make 2.5x as much as DH) so losing my job would be pretty damn rough.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• clebl24 said:
    Totally random for my fellow attorney bumpers.  One of my cases just went up on writs to the U.S. Supreme Court, which is very exciting for the lawyer dork in me.  But wow, could the timing be any worse!   
    Awesome! How exciting (and terrifying...can you tell I hate litigating?)!!! I once met Breyer & Scalia.  I would have spent all day talking to Breyer if given the chance and, in person, Scalia wasn't that bad either.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor