• Hope the heat kicks in @kristah2!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • SandNStarsNJSandNStarsNJ member
    edited March 2017
    We're expected to get at least a foot of snow tomorrow night so of course the family is losing their minds enough that I can't get anything done!

My 2 year old is going all control freak bossypants and LO has decided today will be his angst teething day. Meanwhile DH has decided we must go shopping. The day before a snowstorm is the worst!

ETA: life. 
  • Aunt Flo seems to be back even though I'm EBF. Yay! :disappointed: 
  • When does it get easier?! I know I'm having a bad day but I just don't have it in me to keep fighting him to sleep. DST isn't helping bc im trying to get him down and of course he wakes up when i put him down and i can't get him back to sleep so I finally walked away. Once he is asleep he is usually ok (though daycare is trying to ruin that for me) but dear god it is such a fight ever since I had to take his arms out of the swaddle and that was close to a month ago 
  • desoky01 said:
    Aunt Flo seems to be back even though I'm EBF. Yay! :disappointed: 
    I kind of wish mine would come back. I'm not on BC so the fingers crossed method is stressing me out. 
  • @kvruns have you tried just putting him down at nap/bed time and not coming back for ten mins? I sleep trained this way with my first. Every ten mins I'd walk back in to south and it didn't take long for her to figure out how to fall asleep on her own... maybe a week? 
  • @kvruns have you tried just putting him down at nap/bed time and not coming back for ten mins? I sleep trained this way with my first. Every ten mins I'd walk back in to south and it didn't take long for her to figure out how to fall asleep on her own... maybe a week? 
    How many times did you have to go in before she fell asleep?
  • @kvruns I feel your pain. We have had major sleep issues since S turned 4 months and they are only getting worse. I'm tempted to hire a sleep consultant. We took her out of the swaddle also. First night sucked, second night was decent, but has since gotten worse because she will not stop rubbing her face. She either rubs so hard it wakes her up or knocks out the paci. I'm going back to work tomorrow and know I will not be able to function like this for too long. 
  • @kvruns & @ladybug2821 If the swaddle helps then why not continue swaddling them? Screw what is recommended and go with what works for your LO. Eventually it will all work itself out and your sleep is very important. 
  • We trained him that way but ever since I had to start swaddling his arms out it stopped working. He has to be out cold to sleep. Otherwise he screams and screams and won't soothe. He used to be able to be soothed when he was all swaddled. It's so weird 
  • @kvruns & @ladybug2821 If the swaddle helps then why not continue swaddling them? Screw what is recommended and go with what works for your LO. Eventually it will all work itself out and your sleep is very important. 
    Sometimes I'm tempted but since he flipped over to belly once on the middle of the night it makes me nervous to swaddle arms in now 
  • @kvruns Can he flip over with his arms in? Or is he more comfortable on his stomach? If he can flip over, you can put him on his stomach. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ he flipped over one night with arms in. That's why I started doing arms out. He hasn't flipped since though. I think if I could get him to sleep with no swaddle at all then he might end up a belly sleeper but not sure how to even start seeing 
  • @kvruns This might be frowned upon by others but if you have a video monitor and aren't going to sleep right away yourself, why not lie him on his stomach? I would suggest trying it during a nap but I know you just went back to work. 
  • @kvruns Have you thought about trying the zipadee zip? My first was a swaddle baby and had such a hard time transitioning out of it. The zipadee helped so much, he slept in one until he was just over a year old. They can safely roll over in it, crawl, stand, etc. Just a thought. 
  • kvruns said:
    @SandNStarsNJ he flipped over one night with arms in. That's why I started doing arms out. He hasn't flipped since though. I think if I could get him to sleep with no swaddle at all then he might end up a belly sleeper but not sure how to even start seeing 
    I swaddle  my oldest for nearly 10 months and she happily flipped herself all around. Do what works for you, mama!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys! Part of me wants to do arms in and part of me says I've made it this far so don't go back. 
  • kvruns said:
    Thanks guys! Part of me wants to do arms in and part of me says I've made it this far so don't go back. 
    That's exactly how I feel. I'd hate to go backwards. But I might look into the zipadee zip since it sounds like it still gives some freedom without her tearing her face up. 
  • @kvruns and @ladybug2821 You can't look at anything as "going backwards" or you'll drive yourself crazy for the better half of the first few years.  They're all individuals and so they all have individual ways of getting to the same benchmarks. Swaddling past 3 months means nothing in the grand scheme of their development. Mine is only unswaddled because I suck at swaddling and he kicks it open anyway so it was a waste of time and stress for me. 

I hope you both both get better sleep soon!
  • mrsmoose5 said:
    @kvruns Have you thought about trying the zipadee zip? My first was a swaddle baby and had such a hard time transitioning out of it. The zipadee helped so much, he slept in one until he was just over a year old. They can safely roll over in it, crawl, stand, etc. Just a thought. 
    I've watched a couple videos so far but I feel like I'm missing something. It seems like there would be too much wiggle room and she would still be able to rub her face which is what we want to avoid. Does the little bit of enclosure make that much of a difference?
  • @ladybug2821 the first night was bad, it took an hour of going back every ten mins or so, but it got better every day and by night four she was usually out in the first ten mins. Keep in mind I waited until close to 6 months to start sleep training. I don't plan to try with DS until close to then again.
  • @Ladybug2821 I totally thought the same thing. The starfish shape keeps them feeling enclosed and their range of motion (like when they startle) a little restricted. My son had the hardest time transitioning out of the swaddle and by the time he was 5 months old I was willing to try anything. The zipadee worked for us. It wasn't a miracle product and didn't solve all of our sleep problems overnight, but it helped a lot. That was just my experience. She would probably still be able to rub her face ... but I don't know that there's much you can do to avoid that at this point? 
  • Does anyone else have experience with the zipadee zip?  I really need to find something but I'd hate to shell out the money on something that is a hassle to return if it doesn't work.  Two days into work and I'm already feeling more exhausted than I was being at home with her 24/7.