June 2017 Moms

FFFC 3/10

Let's hear them ladies!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 3/10

• FSUNole31FSUNole31 member
    edited March 2017
    After reading the randoms this may apply, my 4 year old and almost 3 year old went back at the dentist without me.  They said I could go back with my with my daughter since she was still 2 but she wanted to go on her own with her brother.  They were back there max 20 minutes and came and got me to bring me back and tell me what all they did.  The room was a giant open space with zero individual rooms and I felt pretty comfortable with it.  Flame away.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• mrtmrt member
    I wouldn't flame you for not going back, especially if they're not alone in a room with one adult. It's more of an issue if you want to and the office says you can't. No, it's my kid, thanks.
  • Loading the player...
  • While vacation in Ireland last week and the week before, I had the equivalent of about 2 glasses of wine and about a 1/2 pint of Guinness total all added together.  Totally. worth. it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FSUNole31 No flames here.. I just responded to the randoms. It's a sanitation reason and I agree parents and germy siblings shouldnt be back there while kids are getting stuff done. A normal cleaning fine. 
  • EmeraldNCEmeraldNC member
    edited March 2017
    eta wrong thread

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @merrylea lucky lady!  My hubs won't even let me have a sip of anything.  He swears it will injure the baby and most of the time I don't have time/patience to debate him about it.  He's also the same guy who thinks you get the epidural at the very end only when it's time to push.  He's clueless.  He swears he knows everything because he has a 19 year old daughter.  A lot has changed in 19 years.  Oh well. 
  • Wearmi1 said:
    @merrylea lucky lady!  My hubs won't even let me have a sip of anything.  He swears it will injure the baby and most of the time I don't have time/patience to debate him about it.  He's also the same guy who thinks you get the epidural at the very end only when it's time to push.  He's clueless.  He swears he knows everything because he has a 19 year old daughter.  A lot has changed in 19 years.  Oh well. 
    I hope you'll get the epidural when YOU are ready for it, not him.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • FFFC: I have never drank more than a few sips of coffee in my entire life.

With that being said.... I am tired all of the time.  And came to the realization this morning, that after this baby is born, it isn't going to be any better.  With 3 kids (that is including 1 stepdaughter who we only have on weekends).  So, I need help.  I think I need to learn to drink coffee.  Any tips?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2017

@emeraldnc I would start with cream and sugar and make it as sweet as you like to tolerate it and then dial back on both as you've learned to like it.  I used to love nothing but the drinks with tons of syrup and flavors in them.  Now I'm good with a cup of coffee with 2 sugars and a splash of cream or an Americano with a bit of cream. 

Also I forgot.. when I'm being calorie conscience I use brown sugar splenda in my coffee.  I like the little bit of carmelly flavor you get from it as opposed to regular splenda. 

• merrylea said:
    While vacation in Ireland last week and the week before, I had the equivalent of about 2 glasses of wine and about a 1/2 pint of Guinness total all added together.  Totally. worth. it.
    I'll have a glass of wine or beer every couple of weeks or so. I especially would if I was on vacation! If my doctor is cool with it I'm cool with it. 
  • @Elyse1384 I completely agree.  Me too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @meilay ha I am with you girl!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited March 2017
    My FFFC is that Monday I spent a good hour or two crying over something that was pretty much a vanity issue. My cat got scared by something while I was holding her and she scratched my nose pretty hard. I'm pretty confident that the scratch will leave a noticeable scar based off how other cat scratches on my arms and such have healed. And like, I'm super upset over the whole thing even though it's just a cosmetic issue. I'm fine. Baby is fine. Kitty is fine. Everyone is OK. And I'm so upset over probably having a scar that I cried in my bathroom for that long? It's been a couple of days now and I'm feeling a little better but honestly I'm still pretty upset that I'm going to have a scar on my face. And the whole thing makes me feel like a bad person because honestly I have such a good life and I shouldn't let something so minor upset me so much.

edit: fixed some typos
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria I've cried over a haircut before. And I wasn't even pregnant. Vanity central over here.
  • I found out that my mom has scheduled an out of town trip two weeks before my due date. I kind of hope I have my baby then, if I know she's in the waiting room pacing back and forth that will stress me out! I'm semi-considering not telling anyone when we actually go into labor and just calling once she's born. 
  • @kdanjou My grandmother will literally come and take milk OUT of my hands because she deems it unsafe during pregnancy.  I guess when she was having children milk wasn't always pasteurized and she fusses at me anytime she knows I have or want to drink milk.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kdanjou Ha!  I'm with but I get more from people who are retired from the Navy trying to tell me or those around me how to do our jobs or handle personnel.  Yes I know you were a sailor when Columbus was sailing the sea's but things are different now :-)
  • Wearmi1 said:
    @merrylea lucky lady!  My hubs won't even let me have a sip of anything.  He swears it will injure the baby and most of the time I don't have time/patience to debate him about it.  He's also the same guy who thinks you get the epidural at the very end only when it's time to push.  He's clueless.  He swears he knows everything because he has a 19 year old daughter.  A lot has changed in 19 years.  Oh well. 
    I sure hope this isn't true and that this is your way of getting the board passionate about something. 
  • neludelu said:
    Wearmi1 said:
    I sure hope this isn't true and that this is your way of getting the board passionate about something. 
    I hope so too. 

Now with that said, my DH will raise concerns and we talk about them. I absolutely do not discount him just because I am caring our child. 

BUT, he can never forbid me of something or tell me if any have an epidural?? 
  • edited March 2017

I wish I was trying to get you ladies all riled up.  He means no harm... this pregnancy has been just as stressful on him with all of my little one's issues as it has been for me.  He doesn't know that it's ok to have a drink every now and again and it's not a debate I feel like getting into with him.  As for the epidural thing he's clueless.  He was 22 when his daughter was born and I think he keeps remembering back to how things were when she was born.  Who knows though.  Rest assured I'll be crying for pain meds as soon as contractions start.  I'm weak like that. 

And also I'd probably be in trouble with the Navy if they found out somehow I'd had anything to drink while pregnant.  I had to sign some paperwork when the lab confirmed I was pregnant about all kinds of things I could and could not do while pregnant. 

• It'll be a cold day in hell when DH tells me what I can or cannot have, short of meth or crack. A beer or epidural? Go fvck yourself, DH.
    I think I have a woman crush on you right now lol
  • @FSUNole31 I don't flame you for not going back.  Especially it being an open room.  I do think it's weird if an office has an absolutely no parents going back policy.  Throws up some red flags for me.  But given an option feels different if that makes sense.

My DH questions me when I eat deli meat.  My last two pregnancies I was bigger on avoiding it and probably spouted off listeria dangers and so now when I want to eat it he reminds me of that.  And I roll my eyes and enjoy my jimmy johns lol.  
  • I just need to vent.... so my sister in law got together with me 2 weekends ago to set up my baby shower.  She asked me for my thoughts on theme guest list and the date.  Well she sent out save the dates and now my other sister in law and hubs sister told her today the 22nd works better for them.   Is this not my baby shower?  I feel like they're real assholes for acting like that but at the same time maybe they just want to be there.   The SIL planning it wants to know which date I want.  
  • It'll be a cold day in hell when DH tells me what I can or cannot have, short of meth or crack. A beer or epidural? Go fvck yourself, DH.
    See now with my ex it was the opposite.  I very much did not want the epidural, but I swear he asked me every 20 minutes if I thought I needed it.  I probably would have been fine, but in the midst of contractions and trying to center myself through them, I finally caved so he would JUST. STOP. ASKING.  And I regret getting it. 

With DH, we've already had that conversation, and I have past experiences now to back up why I still don't want it (the spinal headache I had after the epi, which they think I may be prone to because of a previous back injury/surgery, was horrendous, and made my first 5-6 days really difficult).  He is completely on board, and we are going to some natural childbirth classes so he can be supportive through that and have some resources for himself and how he can best help/support me through labor.  It's like night and day with these pregancies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm about to snap over some kids playing basketball.  We sort of share a driveway with our neighbor's as in we "own" (this is a rental house) 95% of the driveway but their basketball goal faces the driveway so they play in our driveway.  The driveway is right outside the master bedroom window and my 1yr old's room.  I swear I am going to take a butcher knife to every single basketball I can find in a 1mile radius.  Everytime I try to sleep that ball starts bouncing.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • @awillis13, you do you, girl. I just don't think any man has any say on how a woman births a child. Your role is to support me and any of my wishes, whatever they may be.
    I kind of disagree with this. I feel it's my husband's child as well. Although, I don't take orders from him, I do think he has say and rights to be concerned. 

If a man acted that way towards a woman in any situation, it wouldn't fly. 
  • The kids and I have eaten out 4 days this week for lunch.  My DH is working this weekend so I don't plan on cooking.  I'm currently thinking about what yummy take out I want. 

Another FFFC - I use my kids as an excuse to leave the house and avoid chores I don't want to do.  Then I'll slightly stress over having time to clean (when I know it's my fault for procrastinating and I just hate some chores). I'm not good at just staying home all day and I know it's bad I'm getting my kids used to getting out everyday.  But my DD will say she wants to go to the library, target, mall play area etc and I'll be like yes that's a great ideA!! 
  • Wino0920 said:
    @awillis13, you do you, girl. I just don't think any man has any say on how a woman births a child. Your role is to support me and any of my wishes, whatever they may be.
    I kind of disagree with this. I feel it's my husband's child as well. Although, I don't take orders from him, I do think he has say and rights to be concerned. 

Clearly you disagree with a lot today. ;) See comment above, short of doing harmful things to our child (smoking meth, etc.) he has no say in how I choose to birth. I'm talking solely about child birth, as it is what started this convo. 

My H is an pro anti-vaccinations, should I listen to him regarding that? 

I disagree with your last sentence also.
  • Wino0920 said:
    @awillis13, you do you, girl. I just don't think any man has any say on how a woman births a child. Your role is to support me and any of my wishes, whatever they may be.

Clearly you disagree with a lot today. ;) See comment above, short of doing harmful things to our child (smoking meth, etc.) he has no say in how I choose to birth. I'm talking solely about child birth, as it is what started this convo. 

My H is an pro anti-vaccinations, should I listen to him regarding that? 

I disagree with your last sentence also.
    And here I am agreeing with her this time. lol! I try really hard to squeeze opinions out of my husband because he seems to never have one. But during pregnancy I always ask him what he thinks about rule breaking at least because I want him to feel like it's his kid from the very beginning. Like most men he doesn't really bond until he sees them. But he would never care if I wanted an epi or not, or ate an unsafe cheese or whatever. He's easy going that way. If he did tell me not to eat something I would totally respect it as long as he would be willing to give it up too. 
  • In regards to the actual way I decide to birth my child, as long as I'm not making decisions that put me or my child in actual risk or harm I think I have the right to choose how I want to birth and he doesn't really get a say in that part. In decisions that effect the child it's different.  Like circumcision, delayed cord clamping, first bath etc.  

if I told him I wanted to birth this baby alone in the woods without any medical professionals I would totally expect him to have an opinion.  And he can give me his opinions on vbac vs c section or epidural vs none if he wants but I feel like that decision is really between me and my doctor.  I really wanted to use a birth center with my second but as a vbac I was nervous and he helped me make the decision to go the hospital route.  We weighed pros and cons together and I valued his opinion on the matter.