November 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Wtf Starbucks. Twice now I've gotten a drink that tastes bad. Of course I don't discover it too I'm on the way home. I think the location by me must suck :(
  • Options
    @MrsMaryK2016 holy cow! That is actually one of my biggest fears. I watched the movie twister when I was young and I had nightmares almost every nights for months and I still get them! 
    I am glad to hear they are alright and hope that they will be back into their home soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kvruns The starbucks closest to my house always has horrible drinks. It's one of those franchise/managed by a grocery store locations. I have learned to just avoid it and that it is just that location, every other one I go to in my area is fine. Once I got a drink there and it was so bad I went to a different starbucks and they remade it for me.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about your parents house @MrsMaryK2016. I'm glad they're okay.  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. They are being moved into an apartment because the insurance agency said it's going to take 4-6 months to complete repairs. Again, they are oddly in good spirits about the whole thing so that's a blessing. 

WTF to myself. I have 10lbs to go and today I ate a whole thin crust pizza. Four slices at lunch and four at dinner. What's wrong with me?!? It's so delicious damn it!!
  • Options
    I. Cannot. Stand. My. ILs. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    What did they do now?
  • Options
    What did they do now?
    The long and short is that they just do not listen. And if they want it their way and you don't, they will just do whatever they want even if it has nothing to do with them. Today's fiasco started with a car door slamming shut in the driveway while I was nursing only to realize they were making an unannounced visit. 
  • Options
     :o Unannounced visit? This is why I moved across the country from my ILs before starting a family. My MIL would definitely do that. As it is, we're lucky if we get a month's notice when she comes out to visit. Last couple visits have been only a week.

I'm sorry you're dealing with that @SandNStarsNJ!
  • Options
    kristah2kristah2 member
    edited February 2017
    We got 60 cm of snow in the past 24 hours which has shut down the city the last 2 days. We're expecting another 30 tonight and tomorrow. 
    Downside: pain to deal with. 
    Upside: MIL's flight that was supposed to arrive 11 pm tonight was just cancelled. 

Edit: nevermind. Now I have 60cm of snow and now she gets in at 1am meaning my child will be woken up in the middle of the night. Great. 
  • Options
    My child has decided to adopt Noon as his newest witching hour.  Which will be awesome for my flight alone with him in 2 weeks that will go from 11am-130pm. He better grow out of this first
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I'm right there with you, I hate my IL's too. We just went to Whistler with them and it was the trip from hell. My MIL has made it clear that our first daughter is her favorite. Tons of gifts, money, and food. Dear god this woman has an obsession with food and acts like we don't provide for M. Always trying to give her food to M when we have it covered. Then, she orders dessert just so that she can give it to our kid. We've said to stop so many times, but she acts like she "forgets" or doesn't hear, or who the hell knows. MIL wouldn't hold the baby once, and the one night I got to go out on a date with my husband and the third wheel, his brother, MIL called to say how the baby was inconsolable and we needed to return ASAP. She knew how I've said she has had colic and we've been to the pediatric cardiologist because of the symptoms. Ugh, I could go on and on about the week from hell. It feels so good to write it out. 
  • Options
    @camcbeth Let it out! My MIL does the same thing with dessert. And did you slip in there that your BIL joined you on date night?!?
  • Options
    Oh yes, my BIL joined us. And he shared his nasty cold with everyone. MIL while walking in the door as they were staying with us said, "He's at the tail end of his cold so it shouldn't be a problem." No lady, he drank every night lowering his immune system and leaving his nasty tissues everywhere. His cold was a problem and I'm bfeeding so I haven't taken any cold meds. Except elderberry juice. 
  • Options
    I've had a fever the past two days and am sooooooo nervous my little man will get sick. So far so good but I hope I kick whatever this is quick so he's ok!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I know this is from last week... but wtf to my husband. So our 2.5 year old will sometimes get out of bed when we first put her down and either come back downstairs or go in her sisters room to play.. which is no big deal but the other night she went into the bathroom and started splashing in the toilet. My husband was irritated but handled it semi-well. Did yell at her but then explained to her that it was wrong and put her back to bed.

Fast-forward to tonight, and I'm at work. He texts me that we need a new toilet lid for the upstairs bathroom because Maxine was making a mess in there again and when he went upstairs, in his man-fit he slammed the lid down so hard he shattered it.. I called him and was like "what is the matter?" And his voice was hoarse from him screaming so much at her I guess. He then proceeds to tell me he made her so upset she cried so hard she vomited all over her bed and the rug so now "he has to clean that." I told him that was his own damn fault. He also woke the baby with all his screaming and I could hear him crying in the background and I told my husband he had to go pick him up or he would spit up too and he said "so what."

So now I'm here at work, upset, I've been trying to call and text him since 830 when I first talked to him to see how everything is and I get no answer. When we talked earlier he was like "this is my night now. I just wanted to sit on the couch and relax." I'm sorry, but that's life with kids. And really, I know it's a pain to clean the bathroom floor but it's not like she was digging in her poop diaper or throwing baby powder everywhere. I feel like he still thinks he is number 1 and he should be able to just put the kids to bed at 8 and have to do nothing else and be able to sleep through the night and have no one bother him... and he had that before we had baby but tough shit. It makes me so mad. I'm like I'm home, up at 6am usually with the baby, get the oldest two ready for school, out the door run all the errands and daily life crap and then GO TO WORK ALL NIGHT. So I'm sorry if I have no sympathy for his little shit fit. You're 37. Grow up! I don't feel bad for you, but now I have to have a shitty night wondering how my baby boy is and if it all eventually calmed down over there.

End rant. Sorry. I'm just sick of doing it all and if one thing goes not according to plan for HIM it's the end of the world.
  • Options
    That more than stinks @leighry! I hope all has calmed down over there and I'm sure DH will get himself together (at least for the night). 

What you're describing is so my DH too. It's like he doesn't think his life should be terribly affected despite making the kids sometimes.

I hope you can find some mental peace tonight.  
  • Options
    @leighry that flipping stinks. Ill be honest that my husband and I have been there. I've felt like he gets it so easy sometimes. He goes to work and gets to escape. I don't. He's always the one hopping into bed first while I'm finishing the dishes, checking laundry, and picking up the house just so we don't wake up with crap all over in the morning. I worry sometimes when I'm able to sneak out for an hour here and there that I will come home to a disaster. I have a couple of times already. I just don't think men handle the multitasking in kid rearing as women do. I mean, man colds, enough said, lol!
  • Options
    Major hugs to you @leighry that sounds so stressful especially with you being away at work. It sounds very similar to what I see in my future with my H, from the slamming the toilet to yelling and just wanting to sit on the couch and not be an adult. I of course have no advice since we are in therapy from all of his issues since Baby came but you're definitely not alone 
  • Options
    camcbeth said:
    @leighry that flipping stinks. Ill be honest that my husband and I have been there. I've felt like he gets it so easy sometimes. He goes to work and gets to escape. I don't. He's always the one hopping into bed first while I'm finishing the dishes, checking laundry, and picking up the house just so we don't wake up with crap all over in the morning. I worry sometimes when I'm able to sneak out for an hour here and there that I will come home to a disaster. I have a couple of times already. I just don't think men handle the multitasking in kid rearing as women do. I mean, man colds, enough said, lol!
    This!^^

@leighry Like @kvrus said, you are not alone. This must be a guy thing or something. Last night I put LO down around 7:30, H got home and she fussed around 8:50. He went up to try and soothe her but she just was screaming for an hour. He finally got her down, he came downstairs all mad and was yelling, "I just want a nice quiet relaxing night, but I'm never going to get it". Meanwhile I am washing bottles, putting away the dishes, folding laundry and making dinner while he just sits at the island on his phone!

Even before having the baby he would always tell me to sit down and relax more. I would tell him if I did that nothing would get done our house would be a mess. He would proceed to say that he would do stuff but I always have it done already. Needless to say the few times I did relax nothing go done until I did it!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    These posts about husbands make me feel so better. Some of the issues we have are probably beyond others but just the general husband getting mad about small stuff and throwing fits is very reassuring for me to hear and I really need it. Sucks for us all going through it but personally I need to know it isn't all rainbows at other houses 
  • Options
    This makes me open my eyes a little. I am actually that person in our relationship. 
    My husband does all the cooking and cleaning for the most part. 
    Now I do most things for baby since I'm breast feeding. 
    I need the help or things just don't get done. I am the worst at multi tasking. And baby demands my attention so I feel like I can't get a damn thing done. I feel bad about this. 
    H's knee blew up again last night so he can't walk today and won't be able to for a few days meaning all the cooking, cleaning, baby, dogs etc is all on me. I'm already overwhelmed. 
    And for some reason so matter how many time I vacuum or swifter there always seems to be killer lifesize dust bunnies rolling around. 

So sorry try so many husbands put that pressure on you. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    These posts about husbands make me feel so better. Some of the issues we have are probably beyond others but just the general husband getting mad about small stuff and throwing fits is very reassuring for me to hear and I really need it. Sucks for us all going through it but personally I need to know it isn't all rainbows at other houses 
    Every family has issues. H has always had anger issues (in my eyes), he goes from 0 to 60 so quick. He isn't by any means the worst, but he will chuck his phone or the PS4 controller at the couch or pace. He had a rough childhood. Not to long ago I suggested therapy/counseling to him (his sister see's someone and it helps her). The reason I suggested it and what I told him was that LO is getting older and she is going to start to realize what is going on when he yells and gets angry. He doesn't think he needs counseling, however the night before I mentioned it to him he had gotten mad and was yelling while taking care of a night waking. He said that he is pretty sure he scared her and made her cry. Now at least since then he has gotten a lot better to not be like that in front of her.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua I have the same fear when LO is older that he will begin to understand the anger. To the point where I won't tolerate it and at the end of the day if he is angry/yelling/aggressive around LO all the time I would leave him because I'm not going to have my baby grow up like that. Mine just thinks he's an angry person and nothing can fix it even though the therapist suggests things but he won't actually do anything to fix his problems. His issues are tied to his mom dying when he was in college and dad remarrying and moving across the country (abandonment issues) - yet he doesn't realize that he's on his own road to abandonning his child if he can't be there for him and will eventually be driven away. 
  • Options
    m6agua said:
    kvruns said:
    Snip
     LO is getting older and she is going to start to realize what is going on when he yells and gets angry.
    ^This is super important. DH and I never had the most patience and our initial reaction to things when our first was very little clearly resonated with her enough to mimic those reactions out of context. We have since become much more aware and corrected our behaviors (me more than him) and discuss with her appropriate responses to things. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! He and I had a long talk after he spent the morning trying to apologize and sweep his actions under the rug. He thinks a simple "so, sorry about how I acted" will make me go "oh.. you're sorry? Well then let's just forget it." We have a little work to do but hopefully can make some progress! I went out and bought locks for the toilets too.. just for good measure. Anything to help prevent these situations in the future!
  • Options
    We had our 4 month check up yesterday. He's a growing boy at 15 pounds 6oz but he did not do well with his shots they definitely did not make him feel good so I have him Tylenol and that helped a little. Wtf to baby physical therapy:( he has tortacolis and we have to do baby pt for a month and then go back to see if he needs a helmet. I'm so sad!!! I'm happy and thankful he's healthy but don't want him to be in pain during pt and also have no idea when we are going to take him being that they are closed on the weekends. :( 
  • Options
    @anne11716 how do they diagnose that?
  • Options
    B refuses to nap this afternoon waking up every 15-20 min no matter what I do. H falls asleep in the chair in the living room but wakes up several times. I told him to go lay down in bed bc I knew he's getting annoyed and in bed he wouldn't hear anything. He ignores me and tosses and turns when baby cries. I was trying to finish a show before getting up and going in again and H gets up and is like I can't handle this im going to Lowes to get away from the house. Fine whatever but if you would go sit in a room where you can't hear him crying from his bed that would make things better instead of you refusing to move yet getting mad you can hear him cry. Wtf. 

Wouldnt I love to get to take a nap or go somewhere sans baby. 
  • Options
    Another wtf. Looks like we owe on federal taxes. I thought having a kid was supposed to be good for the refund. Lame. 
  • Options
    Wtf to H who has been crabby ever since I stood up for myself by saying his teasing had gone too far today. We are spending the night at my sister's and now the day has been super awkward. He's just been silent, not really engaging in conversation and making me wish a little that he had stayed home. I understand that sometimes you just feel crabby, but this feels extreme. Feeling pretty mad and sad. 
  • Options
    Hugs to you @desoky01
  • Options
    @kvruns  The doctor did a test with him and said that his neck was tighter and one side than the other. I think that it is mild because he can look both ways pretty easily. But the flat spot on his head is pretty significant I think. I think it's   because no matter what I do he only sleeps on one side and he sleeps for 11 hours a night   
  • Options
    I feel like the hormones are raging today. I need to workout or something but my slightly screamy baby isn't giving me the time. Ugh. 
  • Options
    leighryleighry member
    edited March 2017
    So my 3 girls share a room. My oldest is 5.5, then 4, and 2.5... I went upstairs tonight because the rumpus had gone on long enough to find that my 4 year old had gone the bathroom but never came down to tell me and just "wiped herself." Needless to say those underwear went in the trash and I had to clean her since she isn't the best at wiping clean when it's poop. Fine. No big deal. Proud she is trying to be independent. I then walk in their room to say goodnight again and suddenly feel my feet wet.. my 5 year old had apparently taken cups of water and dumped them all over the floor. Carpet! So I'm sitting there, on my hands and knees trying my best to get up as much as I can so it's not soaking wet puddles and I lean on my 4 year olds bed and that is wet too! Check my 2.5 year olds bed? Soaked. The pillow is soaked. And then I look over by one of the dressers and there is an entire bottle of baby powder all over the floor. So then I had to change my 2.5 year old because she was soaked as well.. my 5 year old had dumped water on both their beds. WHAT KIND OF FRESH HELL IS THIS??? I went about my way, cleaning and vacuuming with a few choice words to my daughter.. only to come downstairs and have to pump, having missed the 2nd and 3rd periods of the Bruins game.

Good one, life. You win. Bent me right over without lube on that one.
  • Options
    Woah @leighry that sucks!!!
  • Options
    MrsMaryK2016MrsMaryK2016 member
    edited March 2017

Here's a little taste of my day. M refused to nap today. I just put him down for what I'm assuming is a very late nap since he normally nurses for 30 minutes before bedtime but the last time he ate was 3:30. 

I. Am. Exhausted. 

Edited to to add that I took pictures because my H has been out of town since Tuesday and I am planning an epic guilt trip. 
  • Options
    @mrsmaryk2016 I commend your dedication to taking those pictures! Some of those are very close to how my day went as well. If it's any consolation (and that's what I'm trying to tell myself) weeks 14-19 are typically a growth spurt, which means they can be tiny crazy people while they adjust. Hope the guilt trip goes well!
  • Options
    @MrsMaryK2016 my day was similar as well. Fortunately i had my parents to help (well ok one meltdown was with my dad when I was gone, the others I was here)