November 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Baby Girl DOES NOT take a bottle. Like not at all. I've tried 5 different kinds but all to no avail. She gags when she actually sucks (which is rare) and she vomits if we syringe feed her. I go back to work in 2 weeks and I'm starting to get really nervous!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My short term disability claim is still messed up bc Dr office said I had vaginal not C section. Insurance system shows the additional weeks granted but a check wasn't cut and they don't have paperwork confirming C section so it is messed up and they can't figure out what to do.  I hate to have to go to my dr office bc when I called them about the mistake and the need to fax medical info for C section they never did it 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here on the bottle front @mrsbigtime!

WTF to the one pediatrician we cannot stand! Her answers and "help" are the first search on Google and provide no assistance, which is why we avoid her, but needing a hospital follow up today left us without any other option. So, yes, I really appreciated post-3 day hospital visit, no shower, and no breakfast, rushing to the office for her to tell me that he currently doesn't have a fever and she'll see me in two weeks. No kidding he doesn't have a fever; I gave him Tylenol because he had one 2 hours ago and am the one who told YOU that.

Ugh.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    Baby Girl DOES NOT take a bottle. Like not at all. I've tried 5 different kinds but all to no avail. She gags when she actually sucks (which is rare) and she vomits if we syringe feed her. I go back to work in 2 weeks and I'm starting to get really nervous!
    Have other people tried to give the bottle? I've read that when mom tried the bottle the baby knows and prefers the boob.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    WTH with everything falling apart all at once. DD is crying her head off, dog is barking loudly to go for a walk ( which I can't do due to my healing stitches) and face is broken out in huge itchy rash due to stress/hormones, while I'm trying to take two seconds to use the bathroom.
  • Options
    Wtf H, baby is cranky and you are tormenting him to keep him awake for your stupid schedule. How bout cuddle him and if he dozes it is no big deal. Kid needs some love right now not being "bounced" and taking his pacifier so he screams. And soon H will get mad at the screaming ....... so stop causing it 
  • Options
    jsmai said:
    WTH with everything falling apart all at once. DD is crying her head off, dog is barking loudly to go for a walk ( which I can't do due to my healing stitches) and face is broken out in huge itchy rash due to stress/hormones, while I'm trying to take two seconds to use the bathroom.
    It's almost as though the universe conspires against our needs for the bathroom without fail every time. 
  • Options
    This isn't really wtf but does anyone else struggle when someone else has the baby and is trying to calm it down but it doesn't work? My parents are watching him but really more of just them visiting and I ran out for an hour. He has been grumpy today and was screaming like crazy and they were trying to calm him but it wasn't working and finally I stepped in and it worked. I felt bad but I hated hearing the crying. 

Same thing with my H thiugh I try not to step in then 
  • Options
    Yesssssss @kvruns a  couple  weeks ago and my in-laws were here my mother-in-law would just call him a crybaby every time he would cry. And then expect them to stop? It was awful. I did have to step in. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @anne11716 yes! MIL thinks she knows everything. Baby and I have our bedtime routine. She decided he didn't need his routine and kept saying he was crying because he was tired and kept trying to rock him to sleep and telling him "you're just tired". She wouldn't let me take him for our bedtime routine until DH stepped in. Of course the second I had him he stopped crying because he knew it was time for milk and mommy snuggles. 
  • Options
    There is a mosquito in the nursery. 

• Options
    There are still mosquitoes alive?
  • Options
    I just want to scream "he isn't cranky you are holding him wrong". Ugh. Holding the baby in an uncomfortable position makes him do his "eh eh eh" cry. Sit up and reposition him or change your legs and he'll be happy I promise. But instead I'm clamping down on my tongue 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    There are still mosquitoes alive?
    In Florida they never die. I have three bites on my left arm to prove it. Lovely. 
  • Options
    Oh man I thought even there they might die for a bit. Though you have had warmer weather than usual right 
  • Options
    I'm full of wtf today. We got a new audio monitor that was double the price of the old one. It's awful. It keeps picking up the white noise machine and flashing and it will pick it up on the audio. No way I can sleep with this at night. I'd rather keep the old one and run the risk of it unlinking and waking me up 
  • Options
    Pretty sure there's a squirrel nesting in my attic. #rentdontbuy #thisdamnhouse
  • Options
    WTF to people in this country.. (this rant is solely from posts I see on my social media forums and people I know personally)

I haven't said much of anything about the political nonsense going on because I feel like any and every comment ends in someone getting butt hurt (although if they could, I think my eyes would have rolled right into the back of my head by now).. but as a mom, and general decent human being, I'm disgusted that people are publicly attacking Barron Trump. If tearing into a little kid on the internet makes you feel witty and cool, then you're a pretty lousy individual. It's really disheartening to see the manner in which people are conducting themselves over this presidential election. Have your view. Take your stance and fight for what you believe.. but do it with some semblance of maturity and dignity.

Ugh. I needed to just get that out.
  • Options
    It's Sunday but I need to let it out. 

We went to dinner tonight at my grandparents house for my dads birthday. My grandmother decided to give my 3 month old a mouthful of ice cream cake and icing full of blue dye. And then didn't understabd why I was so upset and asked for my child back. 
    His stomach is so upset and she thinks she did nothing wrong. 
    I was even avoiding certain things at dinner that upset his belly last time I ate it and she knew that and still did what she did. I am soooo upset. 
  • Options
    @kristah2 Holy mackerel! I would be absolutely livid!
  • Options
    @kristah2 wow just wow! I'd be pissed for sure. 
  • Options
    @kristah2- Omg! I would've lost all self control. I hope your LO feels better! 
  • Options
    @kristah2 go for the K.O.
  • Options
    Holy sh*t! Not cool, grandma. I hope LO feels better soon @kristah2... and maybe that you don't see them for a long while. 
  • Options

@kristah2 oh gosh I'm so sorry that happened!!! I hope she knows how dumb that was! Hope your LO feels better soon! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Who gives cake to a 3 month old?!
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I would be pissed! Something about grandmas my friends grandma wanted to give a French fry to her infant when he was just starting on solids.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Wow I would be so mad if someone gave my 3 month old cake! Who does that?! This may sound terrible but my MIL is staying with us until LO will be about 5 months and I don't plan on starting her on solids until after b/c I feel like if she were here then she would try to feed her random things that I would not be okay with! 
  • Options
    mksaad said:
    Wow I would be so mad if someone gave my 3 month old cake! Who does that?! This may sound terrible but my MIL is staying with us until LO will be about 5 months and I don't plan on starting her on solids until after b/c I feel like if she were here then she would try to feed her random things that I would not be okay with! 
    Not terrible at all! My MIL is the same way. This is her 4th grandchild and I still have to tell her breastmilk only. 
  • Options
    I would be pissed too! I have been getting mad when people don't listen to what I have to say about my child. Sometimes, when he's cluster feeding in the evening, people who are over disagree when I say he needs to eat again. They say "I don't think he needs to eat again." Like, seriously? Give me my child and shut up! Even if I'm wrong, it's none of your business! (Sorry, I guess I've been mad about this too!) 

Also, wtf to people who take LO to hold him and won't give him back! 
  • Options
    @desoky01 - Right? Or make you feel guilty if you aren't willing to pass the baby off in the first place. I was wearing her in a wrap the other day at synagogue and helping out with lunch prep and one of the women offered to take her which I declined and she looked so disappointed I felt bad. (I still stuck to my guns on it, but it didn't stop the guilt.)
  • Options
    @kristah2, thats craziness! So sorry you had to experience that!

@desoky01 I feel like people don't adequately understand the whole "I am mama, hear me roar!" reality. I deal with that every time I see a family member. 

Wtf - I started on the pill (lo loestrin) almost 2 weeks ago and have had my period for the last 5 days, getting progressively heavier. And it's nowhere near the end of the pack yet...ughhhhhhhh!! I can't even. 
  • Options
    @lenacoilbov my first period got progressively heavier, not back on BC. I managed to find out that there is a size tampon above super plus. It's called ultra. Boy did I need it and the whole thing lasted for about a week. One day it went from being super heavy to normal. Hang in there 
  • Options
    I still haven't gotten a period yet. Normal?
  • Options
    @MrsMaryK2016 I haven't gotten mine either. 9 weeks pp. BF fulltime
  • Options
    I still haven't gotten a period yet. Normal?
    Don't have one now and didn't have one until I stopped BF the last time. 
  • Options
    Didn't get one until I stopped BFing last time... about10 months
  • Options
    I pretty much never BF and my milk never came in. I got a period at 7w pp
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    LO is 10 weeks old and I'm still bleeding (recent bout likely bc of IUD). No idea if any of it is considered a period or not
  • Options
    I technically haven't gotten mine either, but I did get an IUD a few weeks ago and am still bleeding from that.