June 2017 Moms

Re: FFFC - 12/17 Edition

• Loading the player...
  • @Elyse1384 As a teacher, I am guilty of this... I almost always call the mom.  Not because I think her work is less important, it is just that I am more comfortable talking to another woman about her child instead of a man.

I guess that is my FFFC?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've taken Benadryl most nights for my "allergies" while pregnant.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wino0920 I don't ever explain my edits either.. I used to then just said meh WTF who cares.  I also harass my husband when he's sick.  He acts like he's dying and I make sure to text him during the day to make sure he's still alive and kicking :-)  I think all of the children of the Kardashians are adorable, especially North.  I can't stand Beyoncé anymore.  She's taken on this air of being better than everyone else that's very off putting to me.  I also don't think her daughter is pretty either.  I feel for that little girl.... she looks just like her father. I hate pickles!
  • Here's a flame-worthy one (and I realize it makes me seem like a TOTAL asshole).

A small part of me wouldn't be upset if EM has to have a C-section.  I know they're hard to recover from, I know a vaginal birth is FAR better for her.  This is solely based on logistics only.  It's very expensive for us to travel down there and stay while she is pregnant, but she wants me there for the birth and I want to honor that.  As it stands, being there for the birth, coupled with ICPC, will have me living in an AirBNB for a month.  A scheduled C-section just makes logistics a LOT easier.

I fully realize this is horrible, and I honestly don't WANT her to have to have a C-section.  I just recognize the ease in logistics, should that happen.

**hangs head in shame**

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• @wearmi1, what do you mean, you hate pickles?!  Like...ALL pickles?!  All flavors??  What about pickled asparagus?! 

My mom used to make pickled hard boiled eggs with pickled beet juice.  To this day, I'm still horrified by this. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• krex said:

Here's a flame-worthy one (and I realize it makes me seem like a TOTAL asshole).

A small part of me wouldn't be upset if EM has to have a C-section.  I know they're hard to recover from, I know a vaginal birth is FAR better for her.  This is solely based on logistics only.  It's very expensive for us to travel down there and stay while she is pregnant, but she wants me there for the birth and I want to honor that.  As it stands, being there for the birth, coupled with ICPC, will have me living in an AirBNB for a month.  A scheduled C-section just makes logistics a LOT easier.

I fully realize this is horrible, and I honestly don't WANT her to have to have a C-section.  I just recognize the ease in logistics, should that happen.

**hangs head in shame**

I love your honesty and totally get it. But yeah I would put on that fire suit, I'm thinking there are flames coming your way. 
  • Elyse1384Elyse1384 member
    edited February 2017
    EmeraldNC said:
    @Elyse1384 As a teacher, I am guilty of this... I almost always call the mom.  Not because I think her work is less important, it is just that I am more comfortable talking to another woman about her child instead of a man.

I guess that is my FFFC?

I feel it is extremely common (for mom to get called).  I just don't think it's fair (for either parent really).  This is a daycare calling me so they're only calling to tell me to come get my child...  Not to discuss the ins and outs of what's going on with him or her like you might be calling a parent for.  

Edit:   Bump ate my post!
  • neludelu said:
    krex said:

Here's a flame-worthy one (and I realize it makes me seem like a TOTAL asshole).

**hangs head in shame**

I love your honesty and totally get it. But yeah I would put on that fire suit, I'm thinking there are flames coming your way. 
    That's fine.  Like I said, I totally recognize it sounds asshole-ish.  We all have asshole-ish thoughts, I just put it out there.  In reality, my thoughts won't change the outcome of whether or not she'll need a C-section. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @krex, I think you're safe. We all love you and know logistically it would be easier, but it's not like you are coercing her to get one.
    Oh GOD no!  In fact, I hope she doesn't need one.  I just recognize that it would be easier for me...but also know this really REALLY isn't about me at all.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @krex I don't think that is too terrible.  I ended up having a c-section, and honestly felt relieved.  This will probably be flamed, but I was WAYYYY more terrified of giving birth vaginally than being cut open.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmeraldNC said:
    @krex I don't think that is too terrible.  I ended up having a c-section, and honestly felt relieved.  This will probably be flamed, but I was WAYYYY more terrified of giving birth vaginally than being cut open.

I wouldn't flame you at all for that.  Honestly, DH and I were talking (while we were undergoing IVF), and I told him that I'd rather do a scheduled C-section than a vaginal birth.  I don't agree when the hospitals push unnecessary C-sections, but I have ZERO issues with a pregnant woman opting for them. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Nope! total pickle hater here.  I just can't.  I've tried on many occasions but just can't.. it's like a take a bite of one and it's the grossest texture.
  • I eat a whole jar of pickles and then drink all the juice. This post made me grab my jar. 
  • My favorite is the picked cauliflower and tiny pickles, with the little round olives.  ZOMG...

BabyFruit Ticker

• krex said:
    My favorite is the picked cauliflower and tiny pickles, with the little round olives.  ZOMG...

Sigh...round ONIONS...not olives.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am all for the Dills too.  Can't do sweet pickles!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krex I'm disappointed - I was really excited about tiny pickles with olives! I love them both and was wondering what I'd been missing out on.
  • HgPa said:
    @krex I'm disappointed - I was really excited about tiny pickles with olives! I love them both and was wondering what I'd been missing out on.
    Oh, I'm sure it probably exists.  I just haven't seen it.  But, I could also exist solely on a diet of black olives...so there you go.

BabyFruit Ticker

• OK, I'll probably get flamed for this one, especially considering some of the posts already in this thread.

I majorly judge anyone who gets a non-medically necessary c-section. I can not comprehend how anyone can look at both options and choose a c-section over a vaginal birth. It blows my mind. I think non-medically necessary c-sections should not be allowed, and I think it's borderline unethical/malpractice for doctors to offer them.
    Ugh I'm gunna say this AND wayyyyy too many doctors seem trigger happy for c-sections these days.  I would much rather push a child out of my vagina than raise my hand for major surgery.   This is coming from someone with larger babies. 
  • I have a fffc! I'm in direct sales. Yep. I said it. I'm not one of those super crazy people who message or call people. I only reach out to you if you reach out to me. And I only post on my personal page once or twice a week about it. It's usually a picture of me wearing something from the company. I made enough last year to cover Christmas for my kids and I only do parties online after they are in bed. So it works for me. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @Stankonia2014  I am craving a margarita.  Speaking of drinks... I can not FOR THE LIFE OF ME remember how I got through the school year last pregnancy without alcohol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a fffc! I'm in direct sales. Yep. I said it. I'm not one of those super crazy people who message or call people. I only reach out to you if you reach out to me. And I only post on my personal page once or twice a week about it. It's usually a picture of me wearing something from the company. I made enough last year to cover Christmas for my kids and I only do parties online after they are in bed. So it works for me. 
    I don't think there's anything wrong with direct sales as long as they're not a pyramid scheme (and not all of them are), the seller is not pushy, and the product is actually of a decent quality for the price. I like some of them. Mary Kay is 95% of what I use for cosmetics, and I love everything Pampered Chef. Others that don't deliver (here's looking at you It Works wraps and LuLaRoe), well, ...
  • @Emerald27 nope. The only LLR I own is what I won. Haha. 

@lovesclimbing I've been side eyed IRL for it so I wasn't sure how it would go over. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!