September 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 2/8

Re: PGAL check-in 2/8

• Options
    @texafornian sorry you are feeling stressed. I feel like my symptoms come and go. The doctor seemed to think it was normal. Pgal brain is awful. We question everything. 
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm over here freaking out about lack of symptoms, too... I didn't feel miserably sick last night (for the first time in a month) and didn't feel sick this morning either. Trying to just enjoy it and not have a PGAL freak out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So, the doctor this morning was fine. They tested my blood sugar, which is on the low side, but no glucose test for now. They did change my nausea medicine, so now instead of B6 and unisom, I'll be taking 25 mg of meclizine every 4-6 hours, which they're hoping will let me eat more regularly. So that's all good. Still bedridden until Tuesday, though. I'm still spotting a tiny bit, but it's all very dark brown now. The doc asked if I spot a long time when I'm on my period, which I do. He said there's a correlation there, so he's not worried

While at the doctor's the scheduling lady told me that my next appointment, which was supposed to me on the 27th, when I'd be 11-12 weeks, was going to have to be canceled, and could I come in on the 15th of March...which is no longer in my first trimester. I'd miss my window for first tri screenings completely. We managed to work out an appointment on the 6th with an NP, but considering my midwife originally wanted this appointment to be next week, I'm not super thrilled about this. It's going to be a long appointment too- an ultrasound, my official "first" appointment with all the questions and advice, and a blood test. 

@Texafornian I almost always feel pretty normal first thing in the morning. It's like my body doesn't register an nausea or pain until it's been awake for at least 20 minutes. Then it all sets in. 

@harleyquinn0621 @HollyGolightly09 All my books say that symptoms can start to taper off in the 10th week as the placenta starts to take over more responsibilities for the baby. Maybe this is the light at the end of the first tri tunnel! Although I know my PGAL brain will struggle with that transition too. (((hugs)))

• Options

When is your next appointment? 
    O
    n the 16th. NIPT blood draw and we will attempt to do the NT scan.  I am AMA so doing both but I saw it was mentioned that it wouldn't change the course of somebody's pregnancy anyway. I just wanted to note that the earlier something is diagnosed, the more preparation time one has to offer the best possible outcome to their LO.  Unfortunately,  there will always be some issues that have incompatibility with life. And that's something that I feel is best for me to know personally

@BostonBaby1 this is EXACTLY why I'm doing it. A friend of mine has a DD with CDH (heart is center, one lung did properly form), she has no spleen and had a cleft palate and lip. Without the diagnosis she wouldn't have been induced and has a team ready to treat the baby from the get go. Her daughter is a thriving 2.5yo now (still not without issues by ANY means) but she probably wouldn't have been here without all of the testing mama had done!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @jmn1985 @HollyGolightly09 @amandarene112  it's funny because i've read over and over again that this happens in the 10th week thinking i could prepare myself mentally for the disappearing symptoms and not freak out... but yet still here I am ..... i never claimed to be logical or rational tho haha... i did start feeling some boob soreness this afternoon tho.. so that is making me feel better, for some reason that is my safety blanket symptom... the nauseousness comes and goes and i'm ok, but the second my boobs don't hurt i'm like WTH is going on.... 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    @amandarene112 WTAF?! I'm irritated with your doctor...why the hell would they just cancel you and move you that many weeks? If they had to reschedule they should shift EVERYONE accordingly so that you get the care you need WHEN you need it. I'm glad they squeezed you in but sorry you even have to deal with that crap to begin with. :(

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @amandarene112 did they at least have a good reason for cancelling ?? i'd be pissed :/
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Options

When is your next appointment? 
    O
    n the 16th. NIPT blood draw and we will attempt to do the NT scan.  I am AMA so doing both but I saw it was mentioned that it wouldn't change the course of somebody's pregnancy anyway. I just wanted to note that the earlier something is diagnosed, the more preparation time one has to offer the best possible outcome to their LO.  Unfortunately,  there will always be some issues that have incompatibility with life. And that's something that I feel is best for me to know personally

Totally agree! A lot of the time I feel like if someone hasn't gone through it they don't usually understand, if that makes sense. Not everyone, but I feel like most. I was that way before my 2nd PG which the baby had a chromosomal issue. I was more prepared for the loss. Not everyone is the same though, but it helped me just a little. 

Also sorry youre having a rough time, hope it gets a little better for you soon!
  • Options
    @Texafornian @harleyquinn0621 Thank you! And no, they gave no reason for canceling, just said she wouldn't be available for that time. I know they're having to deal with more patients than usual right now because another location of theirs is moving offices, and they're having to take more annuals than they usually have, but still! I had to get a little pissy to even get this appointment at all. 

And one of the reasons my midwife wanted my next appointment to be sooner was so they could get a better idea of how baby is growing so they could give me an official due date. Now I'm going to be "8 or 9 weeks" "9 or 10 weeks," etc. for the next month. I know it's a relatively minor inconvenience, but it's still annoying. Just tell me how pregnant I am so I know when I can expect this nausea to go away, dammit!

• Options
    @amandarene112 Totally think you had the right to get pissy with them! That's ridiculous. I would have lost it. Lol An annual paper smear or whatever can wait. A pregnancy should definitely be the priority!!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    Hi @jena333 and congrats on your pregnancy! 

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    Welcome, @jena333! I think we're all wondering if/when we'll stop worrying about this pregnancy. My guess is I'll feel like it's really going to be successful when I actually have the baby, hah!

• Options
    @amandarene112 nope. Not even then! You spend the whole pregnancy freaking out and hoping baby comes out ok and that Labor goes well...and then you spend the whole first year worrying about keeping baby safe lol.
    so basically a year and 9 'onths after conception...that's the sweet spot for relief!  :D

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @amandarene112 To elaborate on the above by @Texafornian

Actually, when baby is born just starts a whole new and different set of concerns. Basically, you might never completely relax again but it is the most wonderful, magical, wouldn't trade this for the world experience. 
  • Options
    THIS ^^^ xo

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @Texafornian @BostonBaby1 I figured actually having a baby would open up a whole new can of worms, I just meant I wouldn't worry about the pregnancy anymore then. ;) 

• Options
    **TW**

Hey ladies. I still lurk to see what's up. I go in Tuesday for my d&c. That's right...two MMC back to back. So frustrated with my doctor right now that I'm interviewing OBs an hour away to find a new one after this. I'm ok, just angry. I feel like so much was just glossed over and I was ignored by the office after getting the US results a week ago. It will get better. I'll heal and we'll try again after we figure out what's going on.

I wish all of you luck and send my best wishes and positive thoughts. I'll miss you.((((HUGS))))

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 also sending hugs and yes, we miss you here!! Please pop in and let us know when you get knocked up again...I just KNOW it'll be sooner rather than later...sending you so much baby dust.
    Im so very sorry that your doctor just glossed over you...no one should be treated that way during a pregnancy, let alone during a sensitive time. I hope you find an OB that cares and gives you the respect you deserve. Xo

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @rainafire77 I'm so sorry your doctor hasn't been proactive for you when you have needed it. (((Hugs))) I am very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    @rainafire77 hug. I hope you find a better doctor.  Sending positive thoughts your way 
  • Options
    @rainafire77 sending hugs, and i hope you find a better doctor!! 
  • Options
    Anyone else have a mom who has never suffered a MC and just doesn't get it? She told me the other day while visiting to just stop worrying and let it go. Very matter of factly, like it was nothing. Then had the nerve to say "i dont understand why you have all these symptoms, i didnt. I didnt even know I was pregnant til 8wks and never had nausea. Are you sure you're really having these?"....oh yeah id totally lie about feeling like DEATH. I've been so annoyed all week with all these comments, never been so happy to drop my mom off at an airport in my life. 
  • Options
    @rainafire77 I'm so incredibly sorry.  My doctors were also terribly insensitive about my MMC and it shouldn't be that way.  Sending you my love.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @rainafire77 I'm so sorry. Big hugs! I'll be thinking about you, and I'm sorry your doctor isn't being understanding. I felt the same way after my loss too.

@lahearn18 My mom doesn't want to talk about my loss (except for when it first happened to offer sympathy). I've tried to bring it up a few times but she awkwardly changed the subject. And over Christmas she got the creepy lifelike doll back out (she has gotten it about a year before, probably as a hint that she wants grandkids, creepy right?) and put it on the mantle. Just what I wanted, a reminder I wasn't still knocked up. I haven't told my mom yet that weekend pregnant again. She's coming to visit in person in a month, and I thought it would be more special to tell her in person. I'm sorry your mom doesn't get it either. 

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @icecubeinthedesert - It is really frustrating because I am the last one to have kids. My brother's wife just started contractions yesterday. I had to beg my mom to come visit me while DH is away for my first U/S, she came. But she was NOT supportive at all. She didn't want to talk about pregnancy, she just kept belittling how I was feeling and changing the subject. I've never had communication issues like this with her, I guess it's a blessing we live so far away right now. I am just still in shock from how horrible the week was with her DESPITE THE EXCELLENT NEWS THAT MY LITTLE PEEP SQUEAK IS DOING AMAZING. I don't get it.
  • Options
    @lahearn18 my mom is the opposite...she's had 7 miscarriages and is overly insensitive about my loss. Like she didn't offer much emotional support at all...like she didn't get it at all which was weird to me because she'd experienced it so many times. 
    Both she and my mother in law (2 losses including a late term loss) are both so nonchalant about it and keep telling me I'm stressing for no reason and I just need to relax. Wtf?! At least validate my fears and give me some comfort. Sheesh.

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @rainafire77  We miss you! I don't blame you a bit for changing Dr's. I drive about an hour and fifteen minutes to mine but she is amazing... so is the staff, and how the whole office is ran. I don't regret it a bit. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lahearn18  Umm... does she think you are clinically insane? You would have to be to fake feeing this way. I'm sorry her visit didn't go how you had hoped, I know you were looking forward to her being there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    8 weeks 5 days, after having severe symptoms, throwing up multiple times a day, for the past 2 weeks, I feel nothing today, which is really freaking me out. I've heard that symptoms can start to go away at 10 weeks when the placenta takes over, but this seems too early. I just had an ultrasound yesterday and the baby seemed fine. I thought my PGAL Brain was better. As much as the symptoms made me feel terrible, they were still a relief.
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321  I've been the same way! At 10 weeks my symptoms took a serious nose dive. I'm still vaguely queasy, but no where near how I was. I'm trying really hard to just enjoy it. (And keep reading over and over that nausea may taper off at week 10, lol.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321 I'm 8+5 too and no symptoms yet really today...they seem to come around in the late afternoon 

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09
    i am sorry about your mom & mil! I guess we can only hope that with time those wounds heal and we can be nonchalant about it? I feel like most people delete/forget the miserable parts of pregnancy and do the same with labor especially after you know 30 years have passed by. 
  • Options
    *TW question...Loss Symptoms...TW**

When you ladies had your loss...did you still have pregnancy symptoms until the actual miscarriage/D&C etc? Or did it just drop off? I believe i'm fine but it just got me thinking and I couldn't remember how I felt last time...I want to think I was still fatigued. I never really bloated a ton with my loss so I wouldn't have noticed a drop in bloat... Anyway, I keep waking up totally normal and when I take my vitamins I become a burping maven and then lord help me once I eat lunch...BLOAT central. Guess it'd be nice to hear (and would be reassuring) that symptoms mean your still pregnant with a moving little babe in there...like, symptoms will go away if the heartbeat does and not only when you've actually MC etc. if that makes any sense...

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @Texafornian I'm still having symptoms just not as much. Nausea went away almost immediately but the bloat and boobs are still there. Of course, my body still has a lot of HCG in my system. You're fine I'm sure of it. I think I'm one of our group's  1 in 4 this time. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @rainafire77 I'm so sorry about your loss and how you were treated by your doctor. I hope you find a good one

@lahearn18 your mom def sounds worse than mine, mine does not question my symptoms but she does keep telling me to just relax and seems confused about why I'm not planning out the birth of the baby yet. She def does not get the anxiety from my previous mmc 

@heatherwilson321 around 8.5 weeks I did start seeing symptoms come and go. At my 9 week ultrasound my RE said it's normal and everyone freaks out a little and I had a healthy baby during that ultrasound.....does that mean I don't freak out ? Nope just yesterday I did haha 

@Texafornian with my MMC I did not have any pregnancy symptoms at all ...so my symptoms are what I hold on to, to say everything is going ok...however I have heard that the placenta can continue to create pregnancy hormones even if the heartbeat stops...that just didn't seem to be my experience 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @rainafire77...I hate that you're the 1 in 4. :( I'm so sorry...

I was doing some reading and it looks like it's a mixed bag...some people have symptoms fade while others have them for even a day or two post loss. I didn't have nausea with either of my last two pregnancies...a little woozy here and there but that's it. Same for this one so sadly, that symptom is an indicator for me...I have to go with bloat this time around and the boobs come n go.

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @Texafornian  I try figuring stuff like that out, too... but it's really hard for me to say because my symptoms were very minimal last time. I would feel a little sick in the evenings, but even that wasn't every day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker