February 2017 Moms

Old Wives Thread

Re: Old Wives Thread

• I have zero desire at all to do the sex. I'm praying it doesn't come to that. Lmao

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We have gone hiking, and I ate spicy food, but nothing is going on. Several months ago my husband giggled during sex and told me it was "awkward" so I've been pretty self conscious about sex since then. Plus like others have mentioned, I'm pretty sure my husband knowing the Dr can feel baby's head ended any and all chances of it happening.  :|

@jstringfellow19 anything I've heard/read says that orgasms will cause you to contract, and the contractions could potentially lead to labor... also if he leaves it in vs pulling out, the semen is supposed to have something it that helps soften the cervix. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger lmao. I was adamant about him not looking at it during labor! Lol. I was like you can see baby once he's out, but eyes up here buddy. Guess he held up that request because he didn't even realize I tore or now have a scar. Lol my mom on the other hand was all about seeing the Miracle of birth. 
  • @Xstatic3333 That sounds foolproof, and I'll be anxiously awaiting your update.  :D
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Xstatic3333 That sounds foolproof, and I'll be anxiously awaiting your update.  :D
    I hope to get you one soon LB! We're fast approaching the territory where you could lap me :)
  • @Gretchypoo do you feel like any of the OWT helped during the actual labor. I know it's probably impossible to tell. 

Also i want more of your birth story. Like all the juicy deets. I am hoping to have a earthy crunchy hippie birth at a hospital myself. I am in interested in all your thoughts and feelings, if you aren't too tired and care to share. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I second wanting to hear more about @Gretchypoo 's birth!  As another FTM going for med free if possible, I would love to hear about your thoughts as well.
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I think the full moon is tomorrow? 
  • Hi ladies! Idk if anything helped but I used EPO and RRL tea. I also bounced on my ball a lot and dtd with H... once.

I'm happy to share details- anything in particular you want to know?
  • I tried once for a med free birth at a hospital. It went out the door an hour after I arrived and I was bedridden due to high bp and laying in that bed put the contractions solely in my back. 

I do think EPO orally helped make my cervix stretchy. I technically never got to 10cm...it was push at 9.5cm (minor lip left) with some help guiding or have a c section. The stretchiness of my cervix allowed a nurse to essentially push the lip out of the way as I pushed the baby. 
  • @Gretchypoo how did you handle pain during labor? transition? 

in what ways was doula helpful aside from suggestion new position at end?

did you push in multiple positions?

how was H most helpful?

FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • Celestial events did a whole lot of nothing. Pretty sure this is going to a post-dates induction. That's just my gut instinct at this point. 
  • @yogadevil I cant imagine walking while crowning. you are bad ass!

@Xstatic3333 I hope your baby comes soon. Silly LO is way too comfy in there ;-)
  • @Xstatic3333 I psyched myself up for the full moon last night but just random cramping. . . boo
  • peachesnbeanpeachesnbean member
    edited February 2017
    @Xstatic3333 I know it's tough but try to stay positive. My first was 5 days early so imagine my surprise when my second was 8 days late. It was really difficult emotionally. Have you and H gone on a nice date lately? Maybe a tiny glass of wine? Are you on the labor ball a lot? I watched Pitch Perfect like 7 times on that damn ball. At some point I set an alarm on My phone to take a capsule of EPO and insert one vaginally every half hour. I think that was two nights before, but when she came after date night Shen came FAST. We also drove around the hospital 3x for luck. I'm sorry honey. I wish I could help!

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• Thanks @peachesnbean. It is really, really tough, and it's the type of emotionally tough you feel guilty for feeling because you don't even get to this point unless it's been a pretty smooth pregnancy. We can't really do a date night since we had some financial surprises last week (heater service) but we have a Blue Apron coming tonight so that'll be a fun at home activity. I never really started EPO, but I'm trying to stay on my feet as much as possible. It is very slippery here right now so walking outside is a no go but I've been walking up and down the stairs whenever I get up to do anything and I feel that pushing him lower. My doula brought up castor oil today but I don't think I'm comfortable with it. 

Yes, tiny glasses of beer have also happened :)

8 days late seems pretty common! It's one reason I want to put off induction until 41+2, to give 41+1 a chance. My midwives are fine with this. They'd even let me go to 42, but I just don't have it in me. 
  • @Xstatic3333 try the EPO before the castor oil! It has prostaglandin properties so the direct application and it in your system may help. I'm thinking of you. ❤

• @Xstatic3333 my heart just goes out to you, like you're on mile 26.1 of a marathon with .1 to go and so emotionally and physically exhausted, I just want to hug you ❤️ Without jostling or annoying you of course ;)

@Gretchypoo don't give me too much credit, DH was basically body dragging me lmao, my feet were refusing to move past a drunk snails pace
  • Thanks guys! Picked up some EPO today. I think I'm just going to take it orally since sex is still manageable for us and it definitely sounds like inserting it would kibosh any hope of keeping that going! 
  • Thanks guys! Picked up some EPO today. I think I'm just going to take it orally since sex is still manageable for us and it definitely sounds like inserting it would kibosh any hope of keeping that going! 
    Honestly? Insert it like 30 minutes before you dtd and it would help lube.

Do the capsules just melt up there? Me=newb. I have googled it, just finding conflicting info. 
  • @Xstatic3333 they dissolve or you can poke the capsule to let the oil out. And they don't mean you can't have sex-- do all the things, girl! If u have sex after inserting epo h's penis will get the oil to ur cervix.
    Do the capsules just melt up there? Me=newb. I have googled it, just finding conflicting info. 
    They melt. Like gretchypoo said you can poke a hole and speed the process up :)

• @Xstatic3333 i used the EPO as lube on H. It definitely "worked". Had 12 hours of contractions starting almost immediately.  Now obvi they've gone nowhere but def worth a try especially if you are already DTD. 
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • How's everyone doing? I'm due tomorrow and hoping she stays in because I just don't like the number 13 lol. But I will ZUmba tomorrow night.

• @Xstatic3333 - you're not going to make that appointment. It's happening tonight :) or early tomorrow morning. You got this girly! ❤