March 2017 Moms

Never say ___ to a pregnant woman 1/7 edition

2»

Re: Never say ___ to a pregnant woman 1/7 edition

• She's extremely lucky I wasn't having a hormonal moment, honestly!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @MahiMama what an awful person. and FWIW a bandaid does nothing for my torpedo belly button. tell her that her odor or big feet or something are grossing you out and to do something about it. or just tell her to shit in a hat haha
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom told me that about my belly button with DD-she said something like "IF that had ever happened to her belly during pregnancy she would definitely tape it down every day" 

DH is grossed out by mine too. Last week he told me it was dirty and I should clean it better--he doesn't believe me thag the dark inner parts that have popped out aren't dirt. 
  • MahiMama said:
    I told her, I've got enough to worry about and I DO NOT CARE that you're grossed out by my belly button. Are you kidding me? No, I'm not gonna cover it with a bandaid. No I'm not going to buy bigger maternity shirts at this point. You're just gonna have to deal with it.... NOT my problem!!
    "Stop staring at my belly button, weirdo!"

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • "Shit in a hat" LOLOL!!!

I WAS the queen of taping that button down, until last week when I pulled off the band-aid and my belly skin came with it! Weeks of adhesive apparently irritated my pregnant skin enough that it came right off.  Ouch! Now I have a gaping oozing sore above my button.  Even worse!
  • Cbeanz said:
    "Shit in a hat" LOLOL!!!

I WAS the queen of taping that button down, until last week when I pulled off the band-aid and my belly skin came with it! Weeks of adhesive apparently irritated my pregnant skin enough that it came right off.  Ouch! Now I have a gaping oozing sore above my button.  Even worse!
    I have weird skin allergies. I have to make sure my bandaids say hypoallergenic or else my skin blisters up and peels off. I'm also allergic to the mesh panties the hospital gives you.

• @DrillSergeantCat bummer to hear about your mesh panty allergy! I would live in those if I could.
  • @DrillSergeantCat i hope you didn't have to figure out the mesh panty allergy the hard way. after giving birth i'd imagine thats the last issue you need!
  • Worst allergy ever. Give me all the mesh panties!!! 
  • @DrillSergeantCat i hope you didn't have to figure out the mesh panty allergy the hard way. after giving birth i'd imagine thats the last issue you need!
    Worst way ever being in the hospital postpartum when out of the blue my entire back and belly where the panties were broke out in a red, itchy rash? That's how I found out. 

• @DrillSergeantCat I have the bandaid issue since being KU.  I seriously hope I don't have an issue with the magical mesh underwear I keep hearing all about.  

Any allergic rash like that SUX regardless of whether your are KU, PP or just regular!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• MrsBinPA said:
    @DrillSergeantCat I have the bandaid issue since being KU.  I seriously hope I don't have an issue with the magical mesh underwear I keep hearing all about.  

Any allergic rash like that SUX regardless of whether your are KU, PP or just regular!
    If it makes you feel better I hate hate hate the disposable mesh underwear. I'm bringing my own oversized granny panties....I don't really care if I have to toss them or anything, I bought them special for this occasion, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So I told H last night that I think the doctor might do a membrane sweep today. He didn't know what that was so I explained it and said, "She won't break my water, it just helps progress things." He said, "I know it's uncomfortable, but do we want to progress things?" 

You know it's uncomfortable? How the hell do you know it's uncomfortable? How did you decide that uncomfortable was a strong enough word? Have you been having contractions that double you over and bring you to tears? Have you been suffering round ligament pain that makes even standing up excruciating? Are you the one who, despite being in pain, still carries your 25 pound toddler around all while pretending to him that mommy is fine? Are you the one who, despite being in pain, still cooks dinner and puts the baby to bed? No, you're not so sit down, shut up, and let the doctor do her thing.
    Preach!!
  • ^^^^^This is why I said no gift for DH when baby comes!!!! This exactly. "I can imagine" is what he says when I say I'm achy or uncomfortable. I don't think you can imagine, pal. 
  • @jrde50eb12 I had a similar conversation with my husband. 

He has cerebral palsy that affects his legs mostly. He also has very mild arthritis. 

I was talking about how everything hurts and he said, "now you know how I feel." I had to hold myself back from completely losing it on him. I'm not trying to compare apples and oranges, but shoot... Somehow I think carrying around close to full term twins trumps arthritis. I've seen how he deals with a "man cold", I know his pain tolerance. 
  • @direwolfmini. Hahaha man cold don't even get me started. That could be a thread in and of itself. 
  • I told my OB about that today and said that when I'm in labor I'm going to grab him by the balls and squeeze. She said, "And that's just a tenth." Man, I love that woman. 

• i know they have machines that allegedly give men the feeling of labor but to me that is not enough. for one week i would love for a guy to experience full exhaustion, mood swings, hot flashes, nose bleeds, achy hips, kicks to organs, insomnia, swelling, back pain and these stupid swollen nostrils that i've had this entire pregnancy. and that's not even throwing in extras like PUPPPS or SPD lol
  • i know they have machines that allegedly give men the feeling of labor but to me that is not enough. for one week i would love for a guy to experience full exhaustion, mood swings, hot flashes, nose bleeds, achy hips, kicks to organs, insomnia, swelling, back pain and these stupid swollen nostrils that i've had this entire pregnancy. and that's not even throwing in extras like PUPPPS or SPD lol
    Right!? ...but then I realize I'd be the one stuck taking care of the baby and quickly am thankful I'm the one that carries and delivers the babies in the family ;)
    The videos of guys with those labor simulators really are HILARIOUS though 
  • shines721 said:
    If I hear one gasp when I say son will be 2 in March or hear the response of how hard it is going to be I am going to freak out! 
    Haha. Mhmm. Mine will only be 18mo apart and I'm quite tired of this comment. Or people just look at my belly then my DD and ask... "how old is she?" judgingly. When we announced I was surprised at how many people actually came out and asked if it was planned!? 
  • My sister & I were 15 months apart, and she was a bigger little girl than I was so people always thought we were twins from the time we were like 2-8. After that point people thought she was the older one because she was taller than me... but my mom had a lot of those same comments and things from people judging, especially when she was ~6 months pregnant with my sister around my 1st birthday up til she gave birth. People can be so rude ugh.

Yesterday DH says to me "your belly button is so gross now...it's not gonna stay like that is it?"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @longliveregina & @serenity13 YES!!! Every single time I talk to my MIL she asks how I'm feeling. It's well intended but I seriously have not been sick a single day of this pregnancy besides some seasonal allergies. People at work also ask me this in passing. It makes me wonder if I look like I feel bad. 

I think that's just the only non-offensive thing that people can come up with to say to a pregnant person besides "when are you due?" 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My MIL calls me 'chubby' every time I see her. I've given up any hope that it will end at this point. I'm just glad that I've had witnesses nearby when she says it.

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• @shines721
    Why is that such a big deal? My brother and I were only 18 months apart and we were raised by a single dad (our mother left right after I was born). My dad did just fine with taking care of us. 
  • "Hey Skinny."
  • Some random older man came up to me at the playground and said "once 25 years ago I asked a woman when she was due and she told me she wasn't pregnant and I was so scarred by that experience, that this is the first time in 25 years I've felt confident to ask when are you due?" 

What does that even meeeannnn? Also, I'm at the point where everyoneeee has to comment. Like my perma resting bitch face is doing nothing to deter the  5-10 comments a day from strangers. Yes. I'm pregnant. Now move along! 
  • Due march 30th. Everyone at work knows I'm due the 30th. We've all talk about it all the time. Countdowns and everything. 7 weeks 5 days etc.  fine. Some obnoxious nosy rosy yells at me down the hall way while my back is to them "you still didn't have your baby yet?" First of all I understand I'm the only pregnant one here, but are you talking to me? Call my name or something don't just yell at me. And Clearly I have not. I was here at work yesterday and you made a dumb comment and I'm here today. So no, I did not have my baby over night at 7+ weeks early and then come back to work today. Stfu. 
  • A recent acquaintance told me yesterday that she wouldn't have known I was pregnant if I hadn't told her. For the record, I am huge. I have gained nearly 40 lbs. so she thinks I'm just naturally fat with a big belly?! 
  • A recent acquaintance told me yesterday that she wouldn't have known I was pregnant if I hadn't told her. For the record, I am huge. I have gained nearly 40 lbs. so she thinks I'm just naturally fat with a big belly?! 
    Ugh. People are awful.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• I had a co-worker ask me does my baby move around because I'm looking smaller than before.  WTF kind of question is that?? 
    Pregnancy Ticker