Pregnant after IF

New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

Re: New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

• @Griffin5413 what brand of diapers are you using?
    @dragonfaerie I have a high bed and used extra pillows to prop me up for the first few days, and that totally helped. That along with the percocet. 
    -I was told it's best to have a light that dims for the babies so they could differentiate between night and day.
    @Tulips29 how's it working out with the pacifier? I was told not to start my babies at such an early age on the pacifier. I'm not recalling the rationale at the moment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ultratomato we got a white noise sound machine too and I think it helps signal to Vince that it's time for bed . 

Vince was a trooper during his vaccines - but mommy had a rough time . Since coming home he slept but has woken up a few times and is really fussy . No fever or anything though thank god 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone. Yeah we do distinguish from night and day with noise levels, keeping it very quiet at night. I'm just not sure how I'm going to keep her napping down stairs. I mean she will just be too big to fit in her preferred sleeping space. Even if she's upstairs in our room we have skylights so it's bright and it also won't be super quiet. 
    @ultratomato we went away this weekend and had family all over her. They were constantly holding her and she was always falling asleep in their arms or awake in their arms. We are having such trouble getting her back to sleep now. She used to sleep in her rock n play or pack n play and these last two days it's been just in our arms. Very frustrating. I don't mean to be a jerk but it's really messed things up. I think next time I need to put my foot down and when it's nap time no one can touch her or hold her. 
    In other news we're going back to the cardiologist this week and hoping for better news. 
  • @WishingforLuck -we use pampers swaddlers. 

I'm so impressed with all of you ladies who already have babies in their own room! I'm trying to get Eli to sleep consistently in his own cradle for the whole night. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Drove2u yeah that's what we had to do and put our foot down because no one else has to deal with the babies at night but us and that's usually the witching hour lol. 
    @WishingforLuck I think they say don't give pacifiers to breastfeeding babies since the pacifier may confuse them not sure. I didn't want to use a pacifier but for my sanity sometimes with two I use them and it does self sooth them. 
    Btw we had our first argument with my dad about the cold formula feeding he is stuck on the fact that the milk needs to be warm because that's how he did it and that the hiccups are caused by that. I didn't argue with him but DH did and the only reason why I didn't argue was because DH and I were just heading out to the infectious disease dr and my mind was freaking out so I told them to stop arguing about it and we left our house. My mom respects our wishes with cold formula but my dad said that when he watches them at his house he is going to warm them up and that set DH off since he is under minding our wishes and these are our children. DH said that he appreciates his opinion but when it comes to raising our kids we decide not them. So needles to say I need to talk with my dad about this. Oh and off topic my appointment went well today with the infectious disease dr so I can calm down I'm not going to die lol. 
  • I am also impressed with y'all that have babies out of the room . Vince started out in a bassinet next to the bed and is now in the bed in something with sides so we can't roll over on him . My husband and I never thought we would be ok with him in the bed with us and now we are dreading moving him out :/ 

**BFP and loss warning**

• I've been told the same as @ultratomato @wishingforluck; to avoid pacifier as long as possible when breastfeeding (or at least once that is going) 
    Pia had her dummy at 3 days old as my maternity help asked if she could give it to Pia if needed when I needed my nap, as they weren't allowed to give their pinky. So after that I decided to give Pia a pacifier too when needed as I was exhausted to give her my pinky at night.
    She doesn't need it and often sleeps without. In the car she needs it to fall asleep. She'll be awake, then fuss a wee bit and once you give her the dummy she sleeps. When she's overtired she needs it too.

Way to go Vince! He's such a trooper @mskeenan! It hurts a mummy heart doesn't it :(
    I have to go again next week, told them this time around I'm holding her!

Its tough having Pia in her own room, I think I have separation anxiety too. Had her with me two nights ago as she was fuzzy due to formula change and I knew it would be a long night for me with getting up. I rather sooth her while being half asleep in my bed. But she doesn't sleep as well. She's an extremely light sleeper and still has her moro (startle) reflex.
    So I realise for Pia it is better she sleeps in her bed so my tossing and turning doesn't startle her. (So still kind happy to give her the night feeding so I can hold and smell her, but don't tell her that, I'm also desperate for a night sleep!)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @mskeenan - I'm glad I'm not the only one who had Eli in bed with us sometimes. It was easier when I was only getting an hour of sleep at a time for my sanity. Its hard during the week bc DH doesn't help bc he has work and school full time. I'm trying to transition him into the crib. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I'll have to do what you ladies do and really try to make day and night different. I have to have a lamp on while I'm feeding him,  but otherwise trying to keep the evening low and quiet will hopefully help.  He's eating every hour at night right now and I know schedules atre not really a newborn thing,  but anything i can do to help him start to differentiate will be good. 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @griffin5413 agreed . At this point I'll do anything to try to get him to sleep longer !! 

Ah ladies I thought Vince was fine after the vaccines because he slept right after . Well, when he woke up he felt so bad . He screamed bloody murder for two to three hours straight . I had never seen him so upset I felt so bad . I tried all my tricks to soothe him and nothing worked . I know he wasn't feeling right bc he refused to nurse (he's normally always hungry )  My husband has barely been home this week since his work schedule is insane and I couldn't reach him . The doc said I could give him Tylenol but this crazy mommy didn't have any on hand (could have sworn I did ) so luckily I was able to call my dad to go pick us up some meds . Within twenty min of giving him medication he was back to his lil happy self . But I almost had a heart attack - I was crying as he cried . Ah it was horrible . He now just slept 4.5 hours stretch which he has never down . Poor baby doesn't feel good :( I am dreading the next round of shots . Ugh . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan that is so sad! I'm sorry he (and you) struggled so much. Hugs for you!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ah no @mskeenan! That sucks big time. Poor little Vince and his mummy.
    Hope he's feeling better after is well deserved nap. 
    Hang in there, and try not to dread next time, you'll have the Tylenol ready and Vince will be a little older. Hugs for sweet little Vince and you 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @mskeenan poor little guy I go today with the girls for their first shots not looking forward to it at all ugh 
  • Thanks ladies !! 

Ah good luck @ultratomato !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan - poor Vince! Hoping today he feels better! We go in tomorrow for shots and 2 month checkup. 
    @dragonfaerie - from what I've read babies really can't differentiate between night and day until around 2 months. 
    @ultratomato good luck with the shots today!

I got Eli to nap in his crib this morning for about 40 min. I'm trying to take him in there for every nap today and see how that goes 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was wrong no shots today they will have them next month. Btw super excited my wound vac came off today and I'm healing great! Loaded up on my protein and it paid off 
  • @WishingforLuck the pacifier hasn't really affected him and us much. He asks for it when he goes to sleep and spits it out after a few minutes usually as he drifts off so I move it out of his mouth. 

@mskeenan aww poor baby and mama! I hope he feels better soon. Now I'm worried since we have a vaccine coming up in a week. 

Anyone has any any advice on comfort nursing? It seems Aiden really likes to comfort nurse and will scream bloody murder at night as we are putting him to sleep until I stick a boob in his mouth. He's not hungry because I will just finish feeding him, change and off to bed he goes. The minute he is down he starts screaming. I hear him swallowing for a minute or two and then he just suckles until he falls asleep. It's becoming a route each night and today he's been screaming twice during the day until I comfort nurse him. Part of me is afraid this will become a habit. Another part of me is just very tired because I'll think he's asleep, go to eat or will want to take a nap myself and he starts screaming. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Way to go Eli! Such a big boy :)@Griffin5413

That's awesome @ultratomato!

AFM: I bought the following book 'the wonder week'.
    I've only read partly about week 12 as Pia is a little fuzzy and apparently they are so around week 12. 
    I read the following sentence; Realising that baby is communicating fear and not manipulation is so important.
    at: https://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby-sleep/why-does-my-baby-wake-up-when-i-put-her-down/ where they mentioned the wonder week. And thinking back. Pia was quite on track with the weeks she was 'fuzzy' besides her belly trouble.

• @tvh1982 I have been reading that book. I'm having a difficult time with it only bc Eli was 3 weeks early and the book says use the due date rather than their actual birthday. So I have a hard time figuring out which leap he is actually meeting. Right now some of week 5 applies and some of week 8 applies. Lol other than that it's a great book!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anybody doing crazy things because you are so sleep deprived? Tonight I started pumping and had just achieved let down when I realized I didn't have any bottles attached to the pump. SMH. I know I am getting a little more sleep than most new mamas because Charlie is in the NICU, but still, with getting up to pump a couple times each night and trying to make it to all his care times, I am STRUGGLING. My husband asked me questions about our tax forms tonight (something I am always on top of), and I literally couldn't even attempt to answer him. I tried for a couple minutes and finally told him to ask me again in the morning! Am I the only one who feels like her brain matter is rapidly decreasing?!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Eli likes to mix things up I see @griffin5413 :smile:
    I think the book helps me understand more, I like to know why.
    I still got this 3 year old inside me that can do everything herself and asks 'why?' the whole bloody time!

I can relate @clt2pwm11. It started during pregnancy and my colleagues where all like 'how is it to be one of us?' (I have a weird brain that remembers all)
    Now I sometimes forget my name.
    The otherday I walk upstairs and didn't understand why it was cold. Instead of closing the curtains I had opened the window. Luckily I have a skylight as I closed the curtains because I was changing, would have put on a great show for my neighbours!

• Yes @clt2pwm11 I told someone my sons birthday is the 26th of nov rather than the 29th . Then I seriously had to stop and think about when his birthday really was . So embarrassing . No mommy of the year over here . I miss sleep so bad it hurts !! Mommy brain is real . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan That kind of forgetfulness never goes away, I have a hard time remembering sometimes if my DD is 7/26 or 7/28 lol, it is the 26th! 

T minus 24 days til I go back to work and we've been having trouble selecting a daycare facility. There is a minimal amount of daycares around me that do infants. We toured our 2nd one today and that one is definitely out! My husband decided to stop by one that I thought was totally out of price range but surprisingly it is priced in between the ones we've toured @ $225/week. I'm going to check it out later today. It is a franchise, the Goddard School. He was impressed with the cleanliness and the staff. Fingers crossed!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited February 2017
    @capps42613 glad I'm not the only one ! The struggle is real ! Good luck with the daycare selection process ! 24 days is still awhile but isn't time flying ?! I am technically supposed to start back in a little over a week but I don't have any referrals yet soooo may be going back later than I had planned . If I don't have referrals no work for me ! A little stressed about money but a little extra time with my boy would be nice . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Good luck to those looking for a daycare! My mama heart feels for you guys about to go back to work. Bleck! I can't even think about it. I hope you can enjoy every second with your loves.
    And @mskeenan I understand your money concerns. We had been planning for me to stay home with baby boy, but I was going to work for three more months and save my income for emergencies. Now we won't be getting any of that! I think we can make it work because we had been saving for awhile, but it will take some creative problem solving.

Question for those pumping: Obviously, Charlie is not breastfeeding yet, but the pumping is going very well. My supply is in and up. I joked to the hubs that I'm pretty sure I could feed every baby in the NICU. My only issue is that I think I have a clogged duct. It's a little knot that is hard. It relaxes some after pumping but gets hard again before the next pump. I've been icing it per suggestion of lactation specialist, but is there anything that you have found that works? I read that pumping doesn't empty the breast quite as well as baby, so I need to find something to move the milk on through this duct. TIA!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Daycare #3 is the one! I just got back from touring and my anxiety about going back to work has decreased significantly! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Yay @capps42613! That's wonderful news!

What might help @clt2pwm11 is actually warmth. Take a hot shower and massage towards nipple. You could also warm your breast a little before pumping and massage towards nipple while pumping.
    As for cold, what I got recommended was to buy white cabbage and put in in the fridge. Afterwards put one (or a few depends on leave and breastsize) of the cold leaves on your breast. It's an old wives tale here in NL to use when one has breast engorgment in the beginning.

AFM: Pia had her first swimming lesson and was a champ! She even been swimming under water! Such a wee little trooper :smile:
    Somewhere this month they'll have a photographer popping by to take pictures underwater! I can't wait!

• @clt2pwm11 - I agree with heat. A hot shower or warm cloth always helped. 

@capps42613 - we found ours too. There was a waiting list so we had to decide early but I do feel better knowing that is set.

@tvh1982 - I want to put Eli in swim lessons too! There is a place here that does them for free up to 6 months. I can't wait to see pics of Pia underwater!

so we had our 2 month check up today which meant 5 shots! Eli was a champ. He sobbed but was ok after I was able to hold him. I of course cried after. I think it's harder in mom and this age. He is pretty fussy but he's sleeping now so I might give him some Tylenol in a little while. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @capps42613 Glad you found a good daycare! That is definitely a load off!
    @clt2pwm11 I've heard a warm compress, and then pump immediately after you take it off. Good luck hon, i know that can't be comfortable
    @tvh1982 Cute! Swim lessons will be fun!
    @Griffin5413 I definitely think that baby owies are harder on mom . I already cry at the silliest things (or nothing),  I can't imagine how much of a basket case I'll be with his shots

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tvh1982 wow, they start them young in The Netherlands lol looking forward to seeing those pictures! 

Cason doesn't go for his 2 month check up until next week. He'll be 10 weeks then but the schedule got messed up bc of the holidays. Hope all the little ones feel better soon with all these shots!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi ladies just popping in to say hello. I tried to catch up but it's a lot. Congratulations to the new mommies!! 
    @capps42613 yay for finding a daycare facility. 
    @tvh1982 swimming lessons already, wow. I never thought of swim lessons but I'm going to look into for baby Leigh. 
    @Griffin5413 Eli is a big boy! We have her 4month shots in about a week and a half and I'm dreading her having to feel horrible in the days to follow. Thank goodness for Tylenol. 

Afm: work has been busy but the transition has been great. Leigh is finally sleeping through the night but it's only because she sleeps in the bed with me. I know others don't agree but I've given up on letting other peoples opinions effect my decisions as a parent. 
  • @jerseygirl856 You have to do what's right for you and your family. As long as you are sleeping safely, then you are just fine.  And definitely don't let other people's opinions color your world. There are as many ways to parent as there are parents. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Swim lessons!! So fun!! I want to start Viktoria on them around 9 months. 
    We were at cardiologist today and looks like she will need open heart surgery. We're starting her heart meds tomorrow. Ugh. I'm so worried for her. 
  • Hi ladies! It's time to graduate to this thread now! That is crazy at it seems like we were just starting IVF, it's now been 1 year since we first sat down with our doctor. 

Leo was born on the 16th of January. He is perfect, we were in the hospital for the first two weeks, he had jaundice. So we are now settling into being at home with out all of the help we received for those two weeks. 

I'm excited to join you guys and get input on all of the mommy how-tis, dos, don'ts, etc. I have read along pretty much since this thread was started on just caught up with what I missed the past three weeks. 

We are breastfeeding, my milk is in, but have been supplementing with formula to try to kick the jaundice. The lactation consultant at the hospital had me start fenugreek at about a week and a half so that we could get the milk going to decrease the amount of formula we needed. L sleeps in his room in his crib - the time he spent in the light box has made him an independent little boy and he does pretty great at sleeping by himself. He really would prefer to be swaddled, but he is already rolling on to his side, so we just starting putting him in a sleep sack. So far it has helped a lot! We do not really have him on a schedule yet, there has been a lot of adjusting and hospital time so I do not want to start that quite yet.

Excited to join you guys!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited February 2017
    @dragonfaerie you are absolutely right. I used to be a little embarassed but not anymore. @vssbrm Welcome and congratulations!
  • @capps42613 so great that you found a daycare! That's definitely a big relief. 

@clt2pwm11 yes I also heard that warmth helps. I think I had a clogged duct too a few days ago because Aiden was very fussy eating on one side and would constantly cry. I massaged the boob and also massaged while I pumped and it helped. Granted that's my lazy boob and I can barely pump much out of it all but my mom freaked me out about mastitis and how painful it is if I didn't massage it or pump it at all. 

@tvh1982 wow swimming lessons already! It's great to start them early. I bet those underwater pictures will be super cute. 

@jerseygirl856 there's no need to be embarrassed about what works for you and your baby. You knows what's best for her. 

@Drove2u oh no! I don't know if I missed a previous update from you about Viktoria needing surgery but I can't imagine it being easy for you to handle. I hope she gets the best care from her doctors! What will her recovery look like? 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @Drove2u I'm so sorry to hear this news. We will be here for you!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @Drove2u - I'm sorry  Viktoria is going to need surgery! Definitely praying for your little one!

@Jerseygirl856 - good for you! I am right there with you in doing what is best for you and your baby! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Drove2u Praying for Viktoria! 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am enjoying reading everything. Dylan will be 3 weeks old tomorrow (technically later today).  At his last weight check and few days ago, he gained enough weight that the dr said we don't have to do any more weight check.  I can let him sleep at night (if he sleeps) and don't have to wake him the a feeding in the middle of the night. So now I'm trying to get him to sleep more at night.

He has constantly been acting as if he's hungry. But then if I give him more formula,  he spits up a lot of it. I asked the  doctor if I could start using a pacifier.  She said yes.  I figured I could see if he was really still hungry or if he just needed to  suck for comfort.  The  pacifier definitely called  him down,  but now I'm trying not to overuse it. 

I'm also trying to pump and breastfeed more so I can get my supply up before I lose it. 

Things are going well,  but I'm just lacking a normal night's sleep. I'm hoping the  baby will start sleeping less during the  day and more at night..