Pregnant after IF

New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

Hey mamas ! I thought it could be a good idea to start a board for those of us who kept in touch here during our pregnancies that want to continue to keep in touch  . Now that I'm on the other side of this and have my baby at home it feels weird not posting on here considering I posted every week while pregnant . 

So if you are interested in keeping in touch on here and posting baby updates and pictures please join me ! How are you doing now that your little babe or babes are home ?? 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: New Mamas - Pregnant after IF graduates : random thread

• @mskeenan I'm not there yet, but would love to join in a few weeks also. Hope you and baby are doing well now that you're home! I think it's a great idea to keep in touch :smile:
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • This is a great idea because I felt weird posting in the tri board. Baby Leigh is 8 weeks and I've been so in love since she came into this world. I started BF in the hospital but she wasn't getting enough so I started pumping in the hospital. Then we started supplementing with formula because she lost quite a bit of weight in the hospital. Once home, pumping was so time consuming but I continued until she was a month old. Now she's strictly formula and healthy, happy and I have no regrets with my decision. 
    Ladies all of your LOs are so adorable! 
    Am I the only one who misses her bump? 
  • @Jerseygirl856 yep, I miss my bump too. Now it's just a "plump" LOL. I wish I started pumping in the hospital but the LN were hell bent on waiting.

@mskeenan Love his little arm chub  ;) I think what your experiencing is completely normal. At least I only think so because iam the exact same way. Lol The first day home I cried because the pregnancy is over & I don't want him to get any bigger. I also cry because when I look at him sometimes, I can see my dad. He passed away 3 years ago in January. As long as it's in moderation and doesn't become excessive.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @mskeenan my first day home I cried for no apparent reason. I think it was hormonal and a little bit sleep deprivation. Now I get a little sad because she's growing so fast and like you I just want to freeze these moments. 
    @capps42613 the lactation nurse where I delivered was adamant on BF as well. 

Totally random but after my daughter was delivered and I heard her cry, I was so overwhelmed with joy that I cried as well. My dreams came true and thankfully it was all caught on video so occasionally I watch it when I miss being pregnant. 
  • I'm a mum for over 5 weeks now @mskeenan and I still cry every day.
    Today both at my checkup at the gynaecologist and at my family doctor.
    It might be due to sleep deprivation, as that cute little girl (thank you for your kind words) is not a happy camper and sleeps little, but the tears are there at least once a day.

I don't miss my bump @jerseygirl856. I liked how I looked pregnant, but I haven't had a happy 9 months so I'm glad she's out. Even though I haven't had a happy 5 weeks either.

That pink cloud people talk about...well I fell of it hard! 
    This mummy thing is exhausting. We've had so much trouble first with BF, than changing to formula. Trouble with excessive puking, different formula. Constipation, cramping and probably cows milk allergies...that we've struggled a lot. 
    Little to no sleep, seeing my little girl in pain, she's feeling my worries and we have a lovely circle of worries, pain, no sleep and frustration.
    We're on a different formula again, cramping is waaaaay less, and today at my doctors appointment I got a tough talking too that I need to take a break and drop my baby off at my mum or sister to catch some sleep.
    My sister was just here and she helped a bit today. Pia is sleeping (victory!) in her crib (another victory!) while I lay on the sofa (all alone, victory!) watching a movie and have my hands free to snack! (I'm all out! It's like a big party here!) I do hope my little pixie will give me 3 hours before her next feed. (4 would be asking to much?!?)
    I've swaddles her (my sister did, as I think it looks so sad) and this does stop her from waking herself up with all her arms waving, so I should just man up and do it myself from now on!
    So hopefully new formula and swaddling and a mummy that will drop her baby off for a few hours tomorrow will give some rest.
    Its amazing how one can love someone soooooo much that actually is giving you (not intended, poor little thing) so much trouble. = motherhood.
    **rant over**

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tvh1982 I give you lots of credit. You may be struggling, but you're doing a fantastic job raising Pia practially on your own. She's lucky to have you  <3 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thank you for your kind words @capps42613.
    We are having some good days, there's definitely a big change with the new formula!
    She smiled at me! Not the random smile the sometimes do, but a proper smile :)

Hope all you ladies had s lovely weekend with your LO'scand DH's or DW's

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @tvh1982 it sounds like you were going through a rough patch early but hopefully things are starting to turn around.
    My LO is scheduled to get her 2mos shots this week  and I'm trying to prepare to see my baby in pain. Any second time mommy have any advice on what I can expect?
  • Hello all ! It is so nice to hear your stories with your little ones. 
    We are doing mostly well, having different problems with BF everyday but trying to get over the difficulties together. @mskeenan I hope your second week is going smoother. My first night at home was so overwhelming, both physically and emotionally. I couldnt stop crying either. I do not want to be that way but I found myself super critical and harsh on my husband. He tries his best but doesnot know what to do sometimes. The first week was tough even though I had help from my parents and husband. the second week was much easier, my pain is mostly gone and i am feeling better emotionally. but i still cry for no apparent reason at least every other day :)
    @tvh1982 i m happy to hear that you found a formula that works for little Pia. I hope everything goes much smoother for you two .
    @jerseygirl856 I am already worried about those shots, i think i willget my H to hold the babyduring the shots. Good luck and please let us know if you find anything useful 

• Oh my gosh I love this! We just got home from the hospital today and it's encouraging me to read alll of this as I try to make it through the first night. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • welcome back home @Griffin5413 ! i saw your pics on instagram, he is precious. 
  • 10 days old and Cason is up to 4oz/feeding. Seems like a lot for his age, but what can I do? lol How about your babes?? I guess it would be hard to judge for all BF moms. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • I'm trying to positive with breastfeeding bc he has been doing it pretty well I think but I'm not sure if he is getting enough. When we left the hospital he was down a little over 9% so if he goes down any more his dr may say to supplement. I'm ok with that idea bc I want what is best and I've never done this before. Plus I'm finding it painful on my left breast which is hard. Any tips?
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @capps42613 The hardest part of BF for me is to know if she s having enough or not. We saw a lactation consultant and she scaled the amount of milk she had during a feed. When she nursed actively for 10 min, she got around 40cc . Lara usually nurses around 10-15min on one breast then she sometimes get to the second breast but doesnt nurse more then 5-6 min. 
  • @Griffin5413 you could try a nipple shield, that can help minimize the soreness. However, it will probably take longer for baby to feed. That's all I can offer to you  :|
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • It's indeed difficult to know if they get enough @griffin5413
    Pia was 'lifeless' the night of day 9. She would hardly wake up or I had to wake her. It was scary, but the next day my midwife came by, we have her 80cc formula and she woke up.
    I find it still emotional difficult that I don't breastfeed. Especially since my right breast still leaks sometimes (like it's mocking me that it has milk, just not enough) 
    As for the pain, I did use a nipple child. I got a too small one...which made things worse! So make sure you get the right size. 
    Do try not to think it hurts, as you'll be a little tense when giving that breast which makes it hurt (easier said than done)

is that 4oz (about 110cc?) after formula is added @capps42612? Pia drank the same amount just around that time once I swopped to bottle. Now she varies between 55cc to 135cc, all depending on how tired she is.

Good luck @jerseygirl856. Do keep us posted how it went.
    We got told to massage the leg before, as it'll warm the muscles up (try bicycle movement) and to massage the spot afterwards so the medicine can move around better (not too hard of course) and have your breast (or bottle ready for soothing) 
    On top of that we get adviced to stay home all day and just cuddle (and if possible to send DH instead of going yourself)

• @tvh1982 thank you! We are going tomorrow so I'll update. Dad will be in attendance as well and we will both be home to soothe and cuddle her afterwards.my mom is coming over to  help in anyway she can.  So glad to have the support.  
    @Griffin5413 I echo the others. And I used the nipple shield and it was just as painful. The LC recommended some breast shells and hydrogel cooling pads. They were a huge help. The shells were my fave because they would collect milk that I was leaking and I used a syringe to administer the milk to my daughter. 
  • @tvh1982 yep, it's about that much.

We had a weight check appt today and he went from:
    11/30: 7lb 12oz
    12/1: 7lb 6oz
    12/5: 7lb 
    12/13: 8lb 1oz
    He is loving the (mostly) formula life lol
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thanks for the info ladies.  He has his newborn check tomorrow so I plan on asking some questions. I just want what's best for him.
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi mommas, we are back in from the appointment and overall she did well. She cried out initially but after some comfort from dad and bottle she was sleeping on the ride back home. I think I was more upset than she was.  :) it's been several hours since and she's her normal self. Just have to monitor for low grade fever over the next 48hrs. 
    @capps42613 happy to read your LO is doing well on the weight chart. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited December 2016
    Fantastic weight he's having @capps42613.

Definitely ask tons of questions @Griffin5413

Such a good girls! Both mummy @jerseygirl857 and baby Leigh!

Edited: spelling is hard

• Aw look at handsome Cason! 

• Love that smile @capps42613 ! Hope he enjoys his next bath better.
    Lara loves having bath , it is her favorite time :)
  • Cason is a cutie pie! @capps42613 I'm glad I'm not only one who takes pictures even when the LO is not happy:). 
  • mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited December 2016
    Hi ladies . I've been a little MIA because I haven't been doing too well . I thought I was just feeling crappy because it's normal to feel shitty after giving birth but earlier this week my family finally forced me to go to see my midwife for a checkup . I was running a fever, cramping ,  and just not feeling any better than when I left the hospital .  Turns out I have a uterine infection likely from the c section . I was given antibiotics and strict instructions to only sleep , eat and breastfeed . No cleaning , cooking or even diaper changing . I'm frustrated because I want to feel like a human that can take care of herself and her baby and right now I can't do that . I am so thankful I have help from my mother and mother in law but I have a hard time staying still . I broke down in my visit with my midwife and she said I need to keep an eye on my mood and come back if things don't improve over the next few weeks . I think I would feel better if I could just get over this infection and get out a bit . Sorry for the vent , just needed to get my feelings out . On the bright side , my son has gained back all the weight he lost when I was waiting for my milk to come in plus more . He's now 9 lbs 3 oz (was 8-9 at birth two weeks ago ) . Breastfeeding is still going well but it's still very painful . 

@jerseygirl856 I'm glad the shots went ok !! Oh my I am dreading that day !! Seeing our little ones in pain is no fun . 

@capps42613 awweee Cason . Vince hates the bath too .. hopefully our boys grow to love baths . I'm glad Cason is gaining weight well !! Loving your pics on IG 

@tvh1982 I am so so glad you finally got some good sleep !! Ah I bet it was glorious . Sleep feels like a distant memory . Uninterrupted sleep sounds amazing . It would be awesome if babies could just sleep through the night . 

@griffin5413 breastfeeding is more of a challenge and more painful than I expected !! I don't know if you have tried coconut oil yet for pain/ irritated nipples but it has helped me . I also bought some gel packs that can be heated or frozen to stick in my bra to help breast pain . 

@zoefer glad to hear you are doing better ! And yeah I think the crying is normal .. being a new mama is hard but amazing !!

Hope everyone has a good weekend 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @tvh1982 I fee good for you knowing you got 1 decent good nights rest! Enjoy the day with Pia.

@mskeenan I'm so sorry about your rough patch. I was worrying about you a bit bc of your inactivity & it not being like you unless your not feeling well. I was going to reach out but saw you were "active" on TB the other day but didn't want to bother you if you just wanted to be quiet. Hoping things get better for you quickly  <3
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thanks @capps42613 . I'm hoping I'm on the mend now that I'm on meds and that things get easier ! I am ready to leave the house !!

random q for anyone - aside from doc appointments are you taking your babies out ? My moms birthday is Monday and I want to go to dinner with her but she is insisting the baby shouldn't be out . Wondering what everyone's thoughts are 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Sorry to read about the infection @mskeenan
    Even though you want to do stuff, take it easy! You'll be mendin much faster and can feel like a human again!

I love the pictures! Such a handsome little Vince!

Pia has been out every day since day 11. We've been on strolls to the center and back. We've had lunch, IKEA visit, drove with her to Belgium to see a friend, picked up a friend from Schiphol, ..
    The latter two were awful as she screamed her head off in the car! Going to see a physiotherapist to see if she might need help with her neck/back as I think she has some discomfort while being in the maxi cost.

• @mskeenan stop it! I love his pictures. We finally have newborn pics appt tomorrow. Same here as @tvh1982. We've been taking him out as needed since about 10 days old. It's  kind of difficult here weather wise since it was in the teens the last 2 days. But we have a cozy cover that goes over his car seat to keep the cold out. I've bundled him up so much before that he sweats lol. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @mskeenan i am so sorry about the infection.  covering from labor and delivery is hard by itself, infection should be even harder. even though i did not have any complication, i honestly couldnot do more than breastfeeding for about 10 days. i was even having my DH or parents to hand me the baby  to breastfeed. you take good care of yourself and remember that you will have a lifetime to take care of him. do not worry if you cannot do everything at the moment. In his first sponge bath, i started to cry because I could not do it by myself. It feels so ridiculous now :)
    @tvh1982 a good sleep is the best gift at the moment. good for you ! sometimes i leave the baby with H or my mom after breastfeeding so i can have one nap during the day. and those naps are best! at night she s always with me , because i need to breastfeed everytime she wakes up. and I think I am always little alert because she s sleeping in the same room.
    It is very cold here so we do not go out for walks much. When the temperature was good, we took few walks outside after she was 10 days old. I am little scared to take her to indoor places like stores or restaurants so we did not do that at all yet. We only went out for dr appointments. she sleeps like rock when she is in her carseat though :) On top of my germphobia , I think I am not comfortable with BF ing in public yet and that s one of the main reasons I could not take her out yet,.
  • @mskeenan so sorry to hear about your delayed recovery. I had a C section too and I know the feeling of needing to get out of the house all too well. In fact, I believe from being in the hospital for 4 days then told to be homebound another 2weeks(MD d/c orders) I was an emotional wreck. Thankfully my mother would come over to spend time with the baby and it allowed me  some time to get out and it helped tremendously. I started taking Leigh out when she was 2 weeks old depending on the weather.  Now I just bundle her up and make sure the car is warm before I put her in it. I just avoid being out with her in the evening. 

@tvh1982 I'm happy you got some rest. I hope it helped you feel better and recharged. 

• @mskeenan I'm so sorry to hear you've been having complications! Glad you are starting to feel better. 
    I seriously can't imagine how I would have mDe it through last week without my parents in town to help with the move and getting us settled. I have a hard time accepting help. After Eli's newborn appt we started supplementing with formula after he feeds which has helped him gain weight and his Jaundice is sooo much better. I know some people are so set one way or the other about breastfeeding etc but I just want to do what is best for my baby.
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Totally agree @griffin5413
    I feel like I have to explain often why I give a bottle and people keep saying I should hang in there and not give up.
    But my baby girl was lifeless the night of day 9 and that made me say 'enough is enough, formula it is!'

Emotional I found it (and still find it) very hard that I can't do the thing my body is supposed to do, but I'm getting a happy (now we got the right formula) chubby little girl. What else can one wish for :)

• Thank you for the kind words ladies . I am already feeling a bit better and my mood is better . I stopped taking my placenta pills when I got the infection and am wondering if those were keeping me down . They are supposed to help with post partum blues but maybe I had a weird reaction ? Its probably just a coincidence but I have to wonder . 

Thats awesome y'all have been out and about @capps42613 and @tvh1982 ! I hope to venture out in the next week or so if I'm feeling up for it ! I still can't carry the car seat but I'm hoping I can use one of my baby wraps or carriers when I'm out with Vince . 

@capps42613 can't wait to see your newborn photos !! Hope they go well . I was so nervous Vince would just cry during them but we used a pacifier to calm him and he would sleep for short little increments of time . 

@zoefer funny you should mention the sponge bath - omg it is totally a two person job right ?! Not as easy as it sounds . Also , I'm not comfortable breastfeeding in public yet either . I know I need to get over it because it's not a gross thing but I have always been very self conscious . I did just get a cool scarf thing that should cover me well in public but I think it'll still feel awkward at first . 

@jerseygirl856 it is so hard ! I underestimated how rough recovery would be . While c sections are not uncommon it is a major surgery so I need to remember that . How do you feel now ? Do you still have pains from it ? ive read online so many different experiences 

@griffin5413 and @tvh1982 I think it's bizarre that people are so judgmental over the formula thing . People can shove it !! The important thing is that our babies are nourished and healthy no matter if that's with breastmilk or formula . People just can't keep their mouths shut ! Ugh !!! 

**BFP and loss warning**