Options

Weekly Randoms - week of 1/30 (Take 2)

Let's try this again!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 1/30 (Take 2)

• Options
    Wait. What happened?

• Options
    @adirat Weekly Randoms 1.0 got deleted by BGs.  We can all guess who reported it.....

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Before I was so rudely interrupted...

@Avrilmai I'm so glad it helped you today! I have found that Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling quotes are insightful and pertinent to most situations in life. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    Ok ladies, what's the plural for uterus?

I'm pretty sure this is about as random as we get lol

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @lulu1180 I believe that uteri and uteruses would both be correct?
  • Options
    Ugh I didn't even get to read the posts in weekly randoes before it got shut down. Rude
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 It looks like you may be right!  According to meriam-webster, either is correct!

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    I just want to know how a 17 year old *supposedly 17* can come on here and call us the C word and we get warnings for being "unwelcoming"?

I didn't get a warning but I honestly want to know how that one works.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    I'm so sad I missed out on the original thread, I was saving it for tonight! Boo. I did report her butt, stupid troll
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @zwink1 Right?! I'm so busy today and feel like I'm going to get fired from being on TB so much. 

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    sheknows6 said:
    I just want to know how a 17 year old *supposedly 17* can come on here and call us the C word and we get warnings for being "unwelcoming"?

I didn't get a warning but I honestly want to know how that one works.
    Or how about Cracka? What?? Was that supposed to be a racial slur? I can't with this girl. I too would be very interested to know how they make the decisions to close/delete a thread. It doesn't seem to make much sense. 
    exactly.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    slavenslaven member
    edited January 2017
    uggggg stupid time difference. I missed all of it. 

So when DH and I went to get our second dog in November, we originally went to look at a Yorkie. DH wanted a "real" dog though so we got our Sheltie, Ellie (who is great) but I keep thinking about that Yorkie. She's still there and dogs aren't adopted quickly here in Korea. The city pounds euthanize after 10 days and this rescue group takes dogs as space permits and keeps them until they're adopted. She's been there since at least June (based on pics on their FB group) and she's sweet but definitely shy and closed off but I feel like a tiny dog in a noisy shelter with little human interaction would do that. I keep trying to convince DH but with our Sheltie getting heart worm treatment and then needing to be spayed this spring our dog budget it spread thin. Plus the cost of shipping three dogs from Korea to Boston/NY. 

eta: brought it up after dinner and DH is still against it. Like hard core. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    jsnakeholejsnakehole member
    edited January 2017
    A) I always miss all the troll fun! Do you think my principal would excuse me using my phone to keep up with the MUD?

B.) So for the second month in a row our gas bill is through the roof! H and I agreed to pay all the gas (not just cooking gas) when we signed our lease, and our landlord estimated it would be about $50/month. It's been three times that the past two months. This is the first time I've had to pay for gas aside from cooking gas. Is this normal? Should I be prepping myself for no heat/hot water/oven/washer and dryer usage for the next few months to cut down on costs? I'm so lost.

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    A) I always miss all the troll fun! Do you think my principal would excuse me using my phone to keep up with the MUD?

B.) So for the second month in a row our gas bill is through the roof! H and I agreed to pay all the gas (not just cooking gas) when we signed our lease, and our landlord estimated it would be about $50/month. It's been three times that the past two months. This is the first time I've had to pay for gas aside from cooking gas. Is this normal? Should I be prepping myself for no heat/hot water/oven/washer and dryer usage for the next few months to cut down on costs? I'm so lost.

We had a similar issue with our gas bill this month. It was 60% higher than the month prior, but the temperature wasn't significantly lower (maybe 10 degrees less on average, if that). There was no logical reason for the high bill. I haven't contacted the gas company yet. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    @BertieMeetsGertie the billing department was closed by the time I got home. I'm wondering if they're dividing up a ~$100 balance we owed (long story short- they messed up and were billing us for the downstairs gas meter and not billing anyone for the upstairs gas meter, so once they got that fixed they refunded what we had paid for the downstairs, but then we had to pay retroactively for the upstairs). 

I think I'm going to switch us to level billing regardless. And cut down on gas usage.

• Options
    @slaven oh man do I sympathize. My sister worked at a shelter for a year and I could never have done it. I just want to take all of the under dogs home! I have such a soft spot in my heart for the pets no one else wants. It's rough to let them go :(  H does not help because we foster and he wants to keep them all... Two people with big spongy hearts for animals is not the best combo when you're trying to make logical decisions...  Long story short, I would be working on seriously convincing H to let me take her home, so I feel you.
  • Options
    Uhhhhh. Why are @adirat and @antoto in Bump jail?!

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    Kiki75 said:
    Uhhhhh. Why are @adirat and @antoto in Bump jail?!
    Is that what that avatar means?? Or am I missing the sarcasm font again?
  • Options
    I went to the gym after work today! I did the elliptical on an incline and my heart rate got up to 190 according to the monitor on the machine. I was definitely feeling it! I then laid down in the sauna for a while. I've been having sciatica like back pain. Not horrible and requiring hard drugs like I hear people with sciatica need, but really intense and sometimes shooting pain in my lower back, especially if I bend over without stretching. My back gets sore standing for a while too.

Any way, I laid on the sauna bench with my feet propped up and it felt so nice. I'm hoping doing some cardio to get my circulation going followed by that will help with my back. I'd go to a chiropractor but I'm not sure how certification works here in Korea and I don't want to go to someone that's uncertified. Maybe I need massages regularly. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @adirat has disappeared from all her threads. Such BS. I don't understand what they did.

• Options
    Ohhhh that is some real BS. How long does someone usually stay in bump jail????
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    @jsnakehole Our gas bill doubled this month but we are using a bit more for heating. Korea also has a price structure where up to a certain amount is one price and then if you go over that the price per unit goes up a lot and then up again if you use even more, I think it's called tiered pricing. They do that with electricity too and some American families that use AC a lot in the summer have had electric bills over $500 a month or even $1000 if they use multiple ACs for a large apartment or house. We chose a tiny apartment for that reason. Even just 500 sqft our electric bill in August was $200. It sucks. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    jsnakeholejsnakehole member
    edited January 2017
    @slaven it's crazy! Apparently balanced billing will still be double what the landlord said it would be monthly, which sucks. I'm going to try to cut back, even though it's going to really suck- no heat, cold showers, not using the oven/stove, only washing clothes once a month. Our rent is too high to maintain such high heating costs. I think we'll probably have to put TTC on hold, too. I can live like that, but a LO can't. 

• Options
    @jsnakehole That really sucks. Overseas we don't just get BAH, we get OHA and then a utilities allowance. The OHA is use it or loose it, you can't pocket the extra like with BAH but you can pocket the left over utilities allowance. A lot of families just get the largest place they can with their OHA but then they have to pay the utilities for it. Summers here are 95+ every day with 100% humidity and the winters are below freezing and windy. I guess people with multiple children need multiple bedrooms but it's hard. At places we're looking at for our next duty station I'm being extra careful to ask about utilities. I wonder if the landlords are allowed/able to give the utilities costs for the past year, like a report from the company. A lot of the housing is old and inefficient and with Ft. Drum winters I don't want to pay tons for heat. 

Is there anything in your lease that covers utilities? I feel like if your landlord said utilities cost x amount and yours are much higher that's a bit untruthful, especially if you're not using an insane amount of gas. Are there records of the previous tenants' usage? If it was just as much then they should have told you what it was truthfully. Of course that's just ethical and I don't know what they legally have to do. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @hartmich I'm assuming you mean bump jail is ridiculous and not my humorous gifs 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slaven technically in our lease it says that by law, the landlord provides heating gas. But we made the agreement to pay for it for a rent reduction. Technically we can afford it now with BAH (and even for the first few months my husband's home and is finishing school). I don't want to get used to being able to afford bills like this when I don't know what his employment situation will be this time next year. I grew up in poverty and I don't want to do that again. I'm kind of regretting leasing our current apartment- it's a nice size for us to 'grow into,' and in a safe neighborhood where I can get to work with relative ease, which is why we picked it. But the rent is too high and (hopefully) my husband won't always be deployed. 

Being an adult is, overall, a bummer. 

• Options
    I've only seen bump jail over weekends when BGs are out of the office to issue an actual warning or ban. @Pugsandkisses, an OG from way back, has been in Bump jail for months. Ladies, you know what to do.

Yeah I shit you not, it says this will be effective for me through the summer. 
  • Options
    @slaven Yes yes of course! Sorry, I was on mobile when I posted that, I blame that for my post being confusing haha 

They even deleted their previous posts?! I mean, what is this?! I started lurking here a year ago and don't think I've ever seen this happen.

• Options
    @antoto... Excuse me...what!?!?

This is absurd.