Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Randoms 1/30

• Loading the player...
  • Is anyone thinking of doing a 3D/4d ultrasound? I'm mostly just interested in seeing LOs cute face/making sure all is well, but I know it isn't medically necessary. Curious as to if anyone is doing an elective ultrasound now that we are mostly all in 3rd tri. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • catem07catem07 member
    edited January 2017
    @wagnerw my OB will order an ultrasound for me at 35 weeks, and I'm guessing they'll do a 3-d since they did them for my 12 and 18 week. I wouldn't think there's anything wrong with doing an elective one if your OB doesn't call for one. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @mrsbakes sorry you've had it so rough! Holy cow! Glad to see you back! 
  • @HGRich  No experience with mono, but sending you hugs and positive thoughts!  That has to be so tough!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No advice on the during pregnancy part.. but I had mono as a teenager and it was absolute hell.. sorry you are dealing with that stress!
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @HGRich I'm sorry to hear that he has mono but I'm so happy you at least have an answer now! 
  • @HGRich so sorry to hear that your DH has mono ☹️ I don't have any advice to offer as I've never had it or known anyone who did, but I'll be thinking of you both and hopefully he feels better soon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @HGRich can you be tested for mono in your system although you may not be showing signs of it? It may clear up some stress if you know that you for sure have not caught it. Also, I'm so sorry that you are having to stay away from your hubs for so long! I know that's got to be hard to go without love and affection for so long.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
  • @HGRich I'm sorry you're dealing with such a stressful situation. Fingers crossed that you're in the clear and everything is good and stress-free in time for your daughters arrival! 
  • Thank you all for your kind words. I'm a little wigged out about a few things in my life and this just upset my pregnant self more. I need to calm down and take it one day at a time.  :#@KirstinH88 that's a good idea--I will ask my doctor about that. 
  • @dax28 I don't blame you! With that many people you'd think some of them would have purchased from your registry! Hoping it's just that they didn't know how to mark it off the registry and you get
    some of what you put time and effort into. But I guess if not, I hope they get you equivalent things you like just as much, and that the shower is a fun time anyway. 
  • @mrsstuessy thinking of your husband! Good luck to him! 

@Blueberry85 thank you--I had heard something like that and I'm hoping it's true. My brother had it in high school and I wonder if I got it at some point and didn't know. I'm trying to be optimistic. :) 

• bww_0331bww_0331 member
    edited January 2017
    @mrsstuessy so glad you liked it! Now I'm craving zombie burger! Sending positives vibes for a great interview! And enjoy your relaxing morning, you deserve it!

and also, most importantly- what burger did you get?!

eta: the bump ate half my post 
  • @mrsstuessy I was thinking of your DH last night! Fx for him! Hopefully the interview goes well and you hear good news soon!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
  • @Dax28 I had a hard time staying off my registry too, and honestly hardly anyone shopped off of it. But I still got a lot of the same types of things that a needed, and some of the things people picked for me were actually nicer or better than the basic ones I had on my registry. I agree that it's natural to be a little bummed, but you could be surprised and I'm sure your shower will be special and exciting no matter what! How awesome to get to celebrate baby with so many people who care about you and DH. It sounds like you've processed those feelings and will be able to enjoy the party! I hope it's great. 

@HGRich sorry to hear about the mono! I would be super curious if they could test you as a carrier like @KirstinH88 suggested. Hopefully he is feeling much better by the time baby comes! 
  • I had to look up Zombie Burger  :D  Looks delish!!!
  • @shaunessa haha yes, it's so good!