July 2017 Moms

Anatomy Scans Thread

Just starting this off because I had mine this morning!

Post your a/s discussions here!
Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 

Re: Anatomy Scans Thread

• So excited that we are hitting/hearing this milestone!

@GlitterFish hope your scan went well. :)
  • @GlitterFish how far along are you? My 17 week appointment is tomorrow and I'm hoping my doctor will suggest we schedule the A/S sooner rather than later (not too soon obviously)
  • Loading the player...
  • @GlitterFish wow that seems so early, but that's awesome that they got all the measurements and everything looks great!! Fingers are crossed I don't have to wait another agonizing 4 weeks.
  • So cute though. Glad everything looked good and healthy. I have mine on the books for Valentines Day and I am starting to get so anxious just to hear the kindeys heart etc are good. 
    EDD: 13/07/2017
    PAIF/PgAL
  • Congrats on the scan! Mine is in several more weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing baby and finding out the sex.

Are all ultrasound rooms super cold? I want to be prepared for next time; I was freezing last week. 
  • Congrats on the scan! Mine is in several more weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing baby and finding out the sex.

Are all ultrasound rooms super cold? I want to be prepared for next time; I was freezing last week. 

Mine was not super-cold, but it was also in my regular OB's office with one of those wheel-able machines. Only my stomach was uncovered.
    The tech did warn me however that Monday at 8am is not the best time because the gel warmer gets turned off over the weekend! It was definitely colder than normal!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Have suggestions for the anatomy ultrasound? I.e. Full bladder, juice before hand. They have not given me any instructions, as of yet, and it's separate from my obs office so no need for peeing before hand I'm guessing. My appointment is at 7 in the morning so juice or coffee will be an easy one. 
  • I'm so excited that some of us are at this point! I have a feeling my Dr. is going to have me wait until 20 weeks, so I will be living vicariously through you until then! @kat0607 we have the same DD so I'll be curious to see when you get yours! 
  • Aaaah!!! So jealous @GlitterFish!  Very excited for you and for all the ladies coming up on this awesome milestone!  I'm going to be lurking on this board over the next few weeks because our anatomy scan won't be until March 10th  :(  I'll be almost 21 weeks, but I'll survive.  Best of luck to all of you!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • They will schedule mine after my next appt my OB said between 18-20 weeks! I got spoiled with my twin pregnancy and had one at 16 and 20 so waiting is hard :) glad everything looked great @GlitterFish

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Aaaah!!! So jealous @GlitterFish!  Very excited for you and for all the ladies coming up on this awesome milestone!  I'm going to be lurking on this board over the next few weeks because our anatomy scan won't be until March 10th  :(  I'll be almost 21 weeks, but I'll survive.  Best of luck to all of you!
    I'm right there with you.  Mine isn't until March 2nd.  I will be lurking hard and hoping everyone gets good results!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @morgarita it honestly depends on the ultrasound machine. Some need the full bladder to push the baby up so they can see the baby and uterus better and some don't. I had one of each - usually they will call you the day before if there are any specific instructions. 
  • @GlitterFish  I am glad everything looked good!

Mine won't be until the end of February (I will be 20 weeks). 
  • Living vicariously through all of you until February 28!
  • Awesome @GlitterFish!  Hoping all the other ladies have such positive scans as you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • YAY!!! That is such fun news @GlitterFish very happy to read it. I have my scan next Monday just shy of 17 weeks. On my chart it says anatomy scan...maybe they do it earlier for two? Either way I CANNOT WAIT to find out the sex of baby 2. We know baby 1 is a boy ....I think just knowing will make it so much more real. Right now I don't know who the boy is so it's hard to connect on that level. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So exciting! My Level 2 (the high risk version of the a/s as I didn't realize it was different before!) is next Wednesday at 18 weeks. Hoping to see the good so we can find the sex out and of course that everything is going well
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • JAM85 said:
    So exciting! My Level 2 (the high risk version of the a/s as I didn't realize it was different before!) is next Wednesday at 18 weeks. Hoping to see the good so we can find the sex out and of course that everything is going well
    That's so funny, mine was a "level 2" but my doctor said there actually is no Level 1 or Level 3! Maybe he was joking?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @GlitterFish Yay! Congrats on the scan. I am anxiously awaiting my letter in the mail telling me when I'll have mine. Should be mid February. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Yay!!! @GlitterFish I'm 17 weeks today too but my scan isn't until Feb 9.
  • Mine is scheduled for the 3rd - I'll be 18+6 can't wait! This will be the first appt. my DH has been to so it'll be fun and special :)
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • @ThePecks DH being there will be so awesome. My DH was finally able to come to the NT scan and he could not stop smiling after he saw the baby move. It was fantastic. Unfortunately he probably won't be able to do the anatomy scan. Although..... that means I can surprise him and mess with him for the sex.... but he always knows when I'm lying. Hmmm. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @GlitterFish glad everything looked good!

I'm scheduled for Valentines day, I can't wait to see baby boy!
  • chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited January 2017
    OMG I'm so jealous! Mine isn't even scheduled yet! :(  I have a regular OB appt coming up Feb. 1st (? I think...), and hopefully we'll schedule then.  My practice will likely wait until week 20, so I'm not predicting it will be until the first week of March.  Congrats on the great scan @GlitterFish Totally plan to be stalking all of you on this thread until I get to have mine!

ETA:  I didn't have the NIPT done, so the AS is the first time we'll (hopefully) find out the sex!  The suspense is torture!
  • Congrats @GlitterFish!

Mine is Feb 20. I will be so glad to know that things are looking good. It makes me nervous to think about bc you just never know. 
  • @ktewart FX for a smooth visit and good news tomorrow.  You've got this!  <3

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ktewart Fx for you and the babies tomorrow!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @glitterfish Glad your anatomy scan went well! It's really exciting that we're getting to this point in our pregnancies...
    @ktewart good luck with your appointment tomorrow!

My AS is Feb 14th like @MrsLa3, I'll be 20 weeks and 2 days then. Counting down the days!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @GlitterFish I'm glad everything went well!
    @ktewart Good luck tomorrow!

I can't believe we're at this point on our board already!  My AS isn't scheduled yet.  I'll be 20 weeks on March 11, so I think I still have a long wait ahead of me.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @GlitterFish So glad your scan went well
    @ktewart Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Unfortunately I will be the last lady on here to get an anatomy scan. My dr office doesnt do them till 22-24 weeks. I just scheduled mine last thursday for March 28th. I hope all you ladies scans go well in the coming weeks.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @morgarita it really depends on the machine and also your body.  My ultrasound clinic wants you to drink 32 ounces of water before your scan finishing it 1 hour prior to the appointment.  For my last a/s I drank less than the recommended amount of water and still had to partially empty my bladder for the 5 seconds they allow twice while waiting.  When I got into the room the tech took one look and said "wow you have a really full bladder". During my NT scan with this pregnancy I had the stomach flu and could barely keep anything down.  I had maybe 1/4 of the water they wanted and still had no problems with the scan.  
  • It is very exciting to finally be at this point! But I am very jealous of everyone who is doing theirs early. I have had mine scheduled for 2 months for Feb 17, I'll be 20w1d. It feels like its taking forever to get here. My friend just text me today to ask how much longer until I find out and I said 3weeks and even she agrees with me that it appears to be going slow.

TTC since 02/2014
    IUI #1 9/14/19 BFN
    IUI #2 10/13/16 BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just scheduled mine today for February 15th!! My office wouldn't do it before 20 weeks. UGH hoping these next three weeks fly by!
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited January 2017
    Mines early march! Can't waaaaitt
  • So jealous of all the ladies getting scans early mine is not until march 6th. 
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • My anatomy scan is next week between 17 and 18 weeks!!! So excited to see baby on the big screen. Can't believe I'm creeping on half way point?!