February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/16)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/16)

• WHAAAATTTTTT
  • Bored at work and was lurking other boards....there is already a September 17' board! It's hard to believe that our babies will be 7 or 8 months old by then. 
  • Loading the player...
  • foxrosy said:
    WTAF are these? 
    I'm dying laughing. @kswiger06 very appropriate for today. These make determining shallow or deep easy peasy.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 

The red ones in the back look nice and sassy!!  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Damn those are JUST the pair I've been looking for... but really wtf Victoria's Secret 

• They must have really just run out of ideas for lingerie. I mean those are called cheekinis and they just look like an upside down bikini. Blech. 

Also @Spicyweiner I'm impressed that you are shopping lingerie at this stage of the game. I'm 1000% over here just glad my maternity underwear still fit. It's a low bar, but it's something.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • They must have really just run out of ideas for lingerie. I mean those are called cheekinis and they just look like an upside down bikini. Blech. 

Also @Spicyweiner I'm impressed that you are shopping lingerie at this stage of the game. I'm 1000% over here just glad my maternity underwear still fit. It's a low bar, but it's something.
    Oh, I wasn't. 
    It was in the entrance and caught my eye as I walked by. 
  • Whyyyy is my kid suddenly fighting naps these days?!! This is when I need it most kid..come on be a team player!!!
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger - Are the s'mores ones any good?  I'm a sucker for anything s'mores flavored.

Also, I was driving home, thinking how great my afternoon nap was going to be...  Then I remembered that I have to take one of the dogs to the vet tonight for a mystery bump on his face.  Ugh.  For so many reasons.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MLRocha said:
    @LivingLaVidaGinger - Are the s'mores ones any good?  I'm a sucker for anything s'mores flavored.
    They're good! But they taste an awful lot like the Thanks-a-lots (the shortbread cookies with chocolate on the back) I probably wouldn't buy them again. But if you're a s'mores junkie, they may be your cup of tea!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I was just about to comment on that. Lol Thin Mints are my lifelong love. I'm now googling the nearest girlscout stand...
  • Knowing that there will probably be Girl Scout cookies at the grocery store this weekend makes it much more likely that I'll actually go shopping.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Woohoo can't wait to see Girl Scouts outside of the grocery store tomorrow! 
  • My nearest Girl Scout location is 55 miles . Womp womp.  :'(
  • Both my niece and my Goddaughter are in Girl Scouts so I always have a dealer haha. It's so sad when the last box is eaten and then I have to wait a whole year to get them again.
  • In my area we are just doing door to door sales and no boothes outside of stores yet.  So depending on where you live you may have to wait a little longer.  My daughter sells, which reminds me I need to actually work on selling!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My girl scout cookie hookup at school came by to take my yearly order the other day, and I found out AFTER I committed to buying four boxes that she won't deliver them until I'm on maternity leave!  WHAT DO I DO.
  • You can order online and have them shipped to you if it helps.  Do need a link from someone though.  If anyone needs a hook up let me now.  

• I'm sad, we don't have near that variety of cookie where I live in Canada.  I have to rely on the Girl Guides and sadly they're going to be selling their "Spring" cookies soon, which is the sandwich cookies they have in vanilla and chocolate. They're like wannabe Oreos, but not as good. Fall is when the chocolate mint cookies come out, and it seems so far away now!
  • lol I used to love thin mints! But spending 13 years of my life being a Girl Scout (my mom is actually still a leader to my younger sisters troop so I always have a dealer close by ;) ) I ate myself sick of them! However, I can never say no to those damn caramel delites. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Rabbit hole related to Girl Scout cookies...  Because I was worried that my beloved Samoas had been replaced.
    https://www.babble.com/best-recipes/samoas-vs-caramel-delites-girl-scout-cookies/

Better than starting to clean house, vacuum pack soup for the freezer or even getting a shower.  It may be a very lazy day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I live near the D.C. area and a lot of people I know are attending the women's march today. I'm hoping that everyone remains safe and that the day is peaceful!
  • chef'swifechef'swife member
    edited January 2017
    https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/3047144758666027/

I hope this this link works because it's hilarious. It's basically an app that tracks your kegels. It has a silicon tracker you stick inside and then the app has a butterfly that moves up and down the screen based on your uterine pressure. 
  • Did you guys see the UNILAD thing with the guy who has a 19inch wang? Omg. 
  • I didn't watch but did see it and read a bit. @Spicyweiner did you see like 12 inches of it is foreskin though? And he keeps getting like Utis and Drs say he needs to get it taken care of/reduced because he can't use it for sex but he won't. It's weird. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I feel like I have to look it up. That sounds horrifying 
  • Yea I didn't read about the guy, but Saw the article while scrolling and was mildly horrified. I kept scrolling. 
  • So we were out and about today.. some lady knelt down to talk to my DD in the bathroom about how she's going to be a big sister and how special and all that - the usual stuff that's kind of nice but also creepy but you just smile and nod. Then she stands up and starts to tell me about how in the 70s, she was put in a twilight sleep for her first kid and then only got some kind of painkiller shot for her second and proceeded to ask me "why are all these women getting epidurals these days?!" And I was just like  :/ because I didn't even know how to respond. Why do people feel like it's ok to have these conversations with strangers?
  • @fourPsinapod Wait, so the woman who never experienced unmedicated birth wonders why women are choosing to not experience unmedicated birth...

SITB- it was the most bizarre conversation ever. I was probably standing there with the most confused look ever. Probably gritting my teeth and big eyes.